Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

10226 Sopwith Camel (Wal-Mart Exclusive?)

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

10226 Sopwith Camel (Wal-Mart Exclusive?)

Postby Draykov » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:10 pm

ImageImage

It's looking like this will be a Wal-Mart (and, presumably, Shop@Home) exclusive. Available in June. Price at Wal-Mart is $99.97 USD and the set weighs in at 883 pieces.

Not sure what the dimensions were on 3451, but its piece count is lower by a bit.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Re: 10226 Sopwith Camel (Wal-Mart Exclusive?)

Postby zwolya » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:20 pm

Hold on a sec...redoing the X-Wing is one thing, but why re-do something that was obviously meant to be a UCS set the first time around? That very discussion is going on not too far down this page as well, I believe...Anyway, I still have the old one built and displayed, and the only reason that I would even blink at this one is to order a replacement sticker sheet.
zwolya

Postby GrayMattR » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:08 pm

Agreed - makes no sense to remake this where there are so many other classic planes they could do. It's a great model but why not something different to next to the first model and/or the Red Baron's plane? There's the Spirit of St. Louis, or a hundred other WWI planes to choose from.

Update: I've changed my mind because it didn't seem that long ago since the first Sopwith Camel set. But it's been 11 years so I can understand that a lot of people don't have the 2001 version. They did change the model and some of the colors so I say play well.
Last edited by GrayMattR on Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
GrayMattR

Postby Draykov » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:24 pm

I'm on the other end of the spectrum...I was just talking with my wife the other night about something I read in some LEGO press material about how they'd never make sets that had to do with actual warfare. I pointed out to my wife (who was patiently indulging me) that they had done WWI aircraft and then I started talking about how much I lamented not getting the original Sopwith Camel and the Fokker. I was fresh out of my dark age back then and couldn't justify the price in spite of my interest in the models.

Now this. It's as if someone from LEGO was listening. I won't be missing it this time.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby WillyWampa » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:35 am

From looking at the pictures, I wonder if there will be many stickers with this set. it looks like the rondelles on the wings could be printed on large tiles.
WillyWampa

Postby Iare Tosevite » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:13 am

I hope its printed this time around. Or in very least better stickers. Last one was made in era where stickers becomes brittle and falls off.
Where, where, where is correct way out?
Iare Tosevite

Return to Original Themes