Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Aragorn Poster Revealed

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

LEGO Aragorn Poster Revealed

Postby Staff » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:46 am

LOTR Movie Poster - Aragorn

I was just sent the above image promoting LEGO Lord of the Rings. I can only guess that a poster for each member of the fellowship will be made.

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/01/10/lego-aragorn-poster-revealed/
Staff

Re: LEGO Aragorn Poster Revealed

Postby Walter Boy » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:49 am

From what I can see of the work on him, I'm really liking the way they designed the minifigure. And that new sword looks cool too. :)
Walter Boy

Postby Mofo Jones » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:02 pm

It would be rude if they teased us with that and then shipped regular LEGO swords in the sets.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby Crusader » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:02 pm

It's hard to say with Lego. It took a long time for megaphones to replaced with two actual blasters in the Star Wars line. Years later, and I think we've only seen two new blasters, and one of them is just a smaller variant. Nor have there been all that many lightsaber designs, and only now are we getting real green blades. Poor Han Solo is still in desperate need of a broom-handle blaster. However in other themes we have seen new ray guns and the like.

In the Fantasy realm: for Prince of Persia, the prince just got more or less standard katanas in a nifty new back holder. But they did make a Dagger of Time. It also cleary wasn't meant to be a major theme. For POTC we saw a new sword for Blackbeard, but sadly no cool rapiers for anyone else (although the Musketeer sports one). For Kingdoms, we've seen a new weapon color and crossover weapons from Heroica. Sadly Harry Potter never got better than a normal bar piece that was oversized for a wand. Here though Lego was trying to capitalize on an end of line, and not trying to start a new one.

Even a couple of years ago I think Lego would have gone with normal molds for this line, but the tide does seem to be changing. Lego seems to be pretty excited about a license that will allow them to really showcase their love of castles. There is also a need to make these figures interesting to kids. Most of the characters in the stories rarely wear armor, so giving Aragorn a cool new sword will certainly enhance a figure that would be in an otherwise drab outfit. So my guess and hope is that Lego will be smart enough to make these figs as interesting as possible.
"He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative." - G.K. Chesterton
Crusader

Postby winbrant » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:28 pm

Come to think of it this Aragorn poster is akin to the threatrical release poster

and then the previous Frodo was was this one

Can't wait for Gollum!
winbrant

Postby Gooker1 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:32 pm

Mofo Jones wrote:It would be rude if they teased us with that and then shipped regular LEGO swords in the sets.

Please don't disappoint us Lego!!!
Gooker1

Postby Harmonica » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:24 pm

Considering the emphasis that's put on Anduril/Narsil being a special sword (both in the books and the movies), I have a good feeling about it being a new mold.

(Kinda hope they make a new mold for Sting, too. Love that sword.)
Harmonica

Postby darth_fett » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:34 am

Hmm this is an interesting discussion. My first impression was that maybe the Heroica weapons would show up as the new LOTR weapons. Gimli would have an axe, Aragorn or someone would have the short sword, & Legolas the dual daggers & bow. The maces/staves are an odd one out though. I love how TLG seems to copy brickforges designs sometimes. Maybe we'll see a BF clone for Aragorns greatsword.
darth_fett

Postby RancorRider8 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:48 pm

I love this Minifig! I hope TLG doesn't just put this sword in the poster and then give us the normal butter-knife, that would stink. From Bricks To Balrogs strikes again! :)
Rancors are neither cuddly, nor cute. But it's one heck of a riding experience!
(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
RancorRider8

Postby Arkov » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:47 pm

I have the movie poster that this one is based off of. I hope they actually make a paper version, they would look awesome side by side :)
Arkov

Postby Walter Boy » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:19 pm

New poster of Legolas is online!

Via Eurobricks.
Walter Boy

Return to Licensed Themes