Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

New Pictures of LEGO Star Wars 2012

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: New Pictures of LEGO Star Wars 2012

Postby GIR3691 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:03 pm

Just got the 2012 catalog today. It's 458 pieces for the Y-Wing, which isn't bad. Also noticed the free poster with 2012 SW pre-orders between 9am January 1 and 4pm January 29.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby ginja » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:38 pm

NEWS.

I noticed the new Star Wars sets up on the Argos UK site (note: the tie, x-wing, planet sets, and good v bad battle packs http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Browse/ID ... Wars|1.htm)

So seeing that my local had 4 endor battle packs in stock, I headed off. Only to find that at the till they were not letting sales. Apparently lego set the sets out, Argos made them live then lego made them embargo them until lego themself put them on their own site. However you may be able to reserve a set...

Not sure if that is of any interest at all to any of you, but thought I'd share with you nonetheless...It's Christmas afterall.
ginja

Postby eriochrome » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:55 pm

MrCRskater wrote:That's almost assuredly 358 pieces on the Y-wing, for $50. Heck, considering that the T-6 Jedi Shuttle went for $60 and weighed in at 368 parts, the Y-wing may even only be 258. I am digging all of these new models, but no way am I paying MSRP for them. Gonna have to hold out for some deals - which, fortunately, seem to be more frequent these days.

My catalog says 458 parts so not to bad in terms of price but it is also listed as hard to find which makes looking for sales more challenging. Already have play level y-wing so I will probably pass. The Interceptor which I am more interested in is also listed as hard to find.
eriochrome

Postby jomandybri » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:28 pm

Mr Toys Toyworld (Australia) has put up pricing on the August sets already... talk about keen! They have AUD$229 on Jabba's Palace... could this be the most insane rip off Australia has ever seen?! After seeing images of it, it really doesn't look anywhere near that value. For those interested, here's the link. They have full 2012 set pricings, and I am getting sadder every moment I look at them :'(
May the mass times acceleration be with you!
jomandybri

Postby MrCRskater » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:19 pm

GIR3691 wrote:Just got the 2012 catalog today. It's 458 pieces for the Y-Wing, which isn't bad.

I stand corrected. Thank goodness!
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby fallenangel327 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:45 am

jomandybri wrote:Mr Toys Toyworld (Australia) has put up pricing on the August sets already... talk about keen! They have AUD$229 on Jabba's Palace... could this be the most insane rip off Australia has ever seen?! After seeing images of it, it really doesn't look anywhere near that value. For those interested, here's the link. They have full 2012 set pricings, and I am getting sadder every moment I look at them :'(

Right, I don't believe the preliminary pictures of the summer wave have been shared here yet.

Here they are.
fallenangel327

Postby LegoMonk » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:27 am

ginja wrote:NEWS.

I noticed the new Star Wars sets up on the Argos UK site (note: the tie, x-wing, planet sets, and good v bad battle packs http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Browse/ID ... Wars|1.htm)

So seeing that my local had 4 endor battle packs in stock, I headed off. Only to find that at the till they were not letting sales. Apparently lego set the sets out, Argos made them live then lego made them embargo them until lego themself put them on their own site. However you may be able to reserve a set...

Not sure if that is of any interest at all to any of you, but thought I'd share with you nonetheless...It's Christmas afterall.

Im sorry but what rubbish. I got both battle packs and Droid Escape yesterday. The only reason they wouldn't sell them on Boxing Day was because Argos had a system glitch for all items that began with 904. The tills did not recognise the items.

All fixed now like.
LegoMonk

Postby Ice-9 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:43 pm

LegoMonk wrote:
ginja wrote:NEWS.

Im sorry but what rubbish. I got both battle packs and Droid Escape yesterday. The only reason they wouldn't sell them on Boxing Day was because Argos had a system glitch for all items that began with 904. The tills did not recognise the items.

All fixed now like.

Not entirely rubbish, as I had the same. The items were available online, so I reserved some at my local store and walked down there. The 1st girl had never heard of them, spent half an hour searching, then tried to convince me I reserved a Jedi Shuttle. The 2nd girl told me straight away that the items were listed online by mistake, but that they had had orders not to sell them until Wednesday. I walked down today (Thursday) and got some. If you got some on Boxing Day it may have been from a staff member who was out of the loop, or there has just been argos incompitence all round.
Ice-9

Postby LegoMonk » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:48 am

I had a very long twitter discussion and two emails with Argos confirming a system glitch that the tills did not recognise all products under 904.

Email 1
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your query regarding not being able to purchase some LEGO items in store.

I am very sorry that you have been unable to purchase the LEGO items you want. I can advise that there has been a glitch in our system, which is not allowing the items to be sold. We have been unable to find which items are affected and which are not.

If you are paying by card I can advise that you will be able to purchase any of the LEGO items today at the quick pay kiosks. If this form of purchase is unsuitable our tills will be fixed tonight, therefore you will be able to purchase any of the items at the till with cash or gift card tomorrow. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Email 2
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the current brochure with the new range of toys.

I am sorry to read that you have been unable to purchase the items that you require.

Due to a technical problem the details from this catalogue did not load to the system correctly, therefore it was beyond the stores control in that even though they were in stock in the store the till system did not recognise them and they could not be sold.

Our technicians have been working on this problem and it should now be resolved.

Please accept my apology for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

So yes: rubbish.
LegoMonk

Postby Ice-9 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:26 pm

LegoMonk wrote:I had a very long twitter discussion and two emails with Argos confirming a system glitch that the tills did not recognise all products under 904.

Email 1
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your query regarding not being able to purchase some LEGO items in store.

I am very sorry that you have been unable to purchase the LEGO items you want. I can advise that there has been a glitch in our system, which is not allowing the items to be sold. We have been unable to find which items are affected and which are not.

If you are paying by card I can advise that you will be able to purchase any of the LEGO items today at the quick pay kiosks. If this form of purchase is unsuitable our tills will be fixed tonight, therefore you will be able to purchase any of the items at the till with cash or gift card tomorrow. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Email 2
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the current brochure with the new range of toys.

I am sorry to read that you have been unable to purchase the items that you require.

Due to a technical problem the details from this catalogue did not load to the system correctly, therefore it was beyond the stores control in that even though they were in stock in the store the till system did not recognise them and they could not be sold.

Our technicians have been working on this problem and it should now be resolved.

Please accept my apology for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

So yes: rubbish.

Umm, I don't see how that makes it rubbish? Even if now Argos give the reason above, the fact remains at least 2 people were told by Argos they weren't allowed to sell them even though they were listed on their website. Maybe Argos weren't briefing their staff properly, or they were just being muppets (which given the staff I spoke with wouldn't be that unrealistic, as they were adamant with me that they had them, just couldn't sell them).
Ice-9

Postby buriedbybricks » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:28 pm

The explaination they gave also doesn't account for the people who successfully purchased those sets on the 26th. If the system "wouldn't allow" it, what's their excuse for that?
buriedbybricks

Postby LegoMonk » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:29 am

buriedbybricks wrote:The explaination they gave also doesn't account for the people who successfully purchased those sets on the 26th. If the system "wouldn't allow" it, what's their excuse for that?

Well you would assume they bought them at the kiosk, which one of the emails states that you had no problem buying them there.

Anyway, does it really matter? You can get the properly now.
LegoMonk

Postby THX 1138 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:46 pm

There are no pictures yet, but Brickset has listed two new SW sets , which I am assuming are exclusives, probably for the summer: Palpatine's Arrest and Pre Vizsla's Mandalorian Fighter. I don't care much about the Mandalorian Fighter (at least until I see more pictures), but Palpatine's Arrest sounds like it could be awesome. I'm thinking it will have Palpatine's office, the airspeeder Anakin flew in that scene, and (hopefully) lots of minifigs. I'm hoping it'll have Episode III Anakin, Chancellor Palpatine (non-CW), Emperor Palpatine, Mace Windu (non-CW), Agen Kolar, Saesee Tiin (non-CW), and Kit Fisto.
Do a barrel roll!
THX 1138

Postby cas » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:05 pm

My mind's been running wild since I saw that a few days ago. I'm imagining something like the Toys R Us playsets Home One or Echo Base. This is probably my most anticipated set of the year now replacing the B-wing. Expanding on your idea, it should have, ideally, Palpatine's office and window, the hall with the sculpture/mural, the comms room (or whatever that little room was), Anakin's airspeeder, and the lot of character's you've already run down. I can't wait to see pictures and I hope I'm not getting my hopes up with this one.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby MrCRskater » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:32 pm

THX 1138 wrote:There are no pictures yet, but Brickset has listed two new SW sets , which I am assuming are exclusives, probably for the summer: Palpatine's Arrest and Pre Vizsla's Mandalorian Fighter.

I just noticed this last night, and it sounds interesting. If Palpatine's Arrest ends up as an exclusive playset as cas suggests, it'll probably end up the same way: it won't be exactly what anyone expected or hoped for, but will still be a solid set. It seemed many were disappointed with the Home One and even the Battle of Endor, but both were really great sets IMO. Palpatine's Arrest will likely be the same story, and a must-have if the figs are all non-CW.
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby dman7529 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:15 am

As someone who is playing The Old Republic, I am super stoked to be getting some TOR-themed sets! Now if I could just get one of those cool Sith Empire styled star destroyers and the smugglers XS freighter in the 2013 wave I'd be good to go!
dman7529

Postby GIR3691 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:12 pm

Palpatine's Arrest? Sounds familiar...

Wonder if we'll get a new Cloud City in the next couple years. ;)
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Previous

Return to Star Wars