Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

2012 Summer Set Pictures

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

2012 Summer Set Pictures

Postby StoutFiles » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:28 pm

http://www.youtube.com/user/LegoPictureHQ?feature=watch

View them while you can. Here's the basic set description per smashing-bricks.com

9496 Skiff:
- Small-sized set
- Fight on the Desert Skiff during the Sarlacc Scene from Return Of the Jedi.
- Luke Skywalker, Boba Fett, Weequay, Lando Calrissian and 1 x Sarlacc!

9497 Republic Striker Starfighter:
- Medium-sized set
- Strange looking red starfighter that resembles the X-wing.
- 3 x minifigures (unable to determine which)

9498 Saesee Tiin’s Starfighter:
- Medium-sized set
- Another Jedi Starfighter with a different colour scheme.
- Saesee Tiin, Even Piell, 1 x Astromech Droid

9499 Gungan Sub:
- Medium-sized set
- Redesign of the original Gungan Sub set
- Jar Jar Binks, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-gon Jinn, Padme Amidala(?) minifigures.

9500 Fury Class Interceptor
- Medium-sized set
- A TIE Interceptor that resembles a Sith Infiltrator
- 3 x minifigures (unable to determine which)

9509 LEGO Star Wars Advent Calender 2012:
- Advent Calender 2012!
- Consists of Super Battle Droid, Rebel Soldier, Snowtrooper, Mini Star Destroyer, Mini Naboo Starfighter, Santa Darth Maul??? And many more…

9515 Malevolence
- Large-sized set
- The Malevolence, first flagship of General Grievous.
- 1 x Battle Droid, 1 x Tactical Droid, General Grievous, Senator Palpatine, Anakin Skywalker, Ahsoka Tano minifigures.

9516 Jabba’s Palace:
- Large-sized set
- Redesign of the original Jabba’s Palace set.
- Han Solo, Bib Fortuna, Jabba The Hutt, Chewbacca, Boussh! B’omarr Monk, 1 x Gamorrean Guard, Salacious Crumb, Oola minifigures. The last minifigure is unknown at the moment, hopefully it’s a bounty hunter!
Last edited by StoutFiles on Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
StoutFiles

Re: 2011 Summer Set Pictures

Postby banthafodder » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:50 pm

Finally Salacious crumb and Boushh!!! Perhaps the mystery bounty hunter is 4-lom or zuckess. XD
banthafodder

Postby Flynn » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:55 pm

Wow, I honestly never thought they could make a worse Jabba's Palace set than the original. From the looks of those pictures, I think they succeeded. A round of congratulations is in order for what I'm sure was a very daunting task.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Re: 2012 Summer Set Pictures

Postby Firespray » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:22 am

Fury-class Interceptor is from the new Old Republic MMO, this is awesome.
Firespray

Postby RfAurora » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:28 am

The "Republic Strike Fighter" is also from the Old Republic. It's actual name is a Talon Fighter.
Spoiler: show
p.s. The Fury is a fun ship to fly.
RfAurora

Postby Andi » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:32 am

Flynn wrote:Wow, I honestly never thought they could make a worse Jabba's Palace set than the original.

It looks for me like it is one module of more sets.
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby Train 01 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:17 am

If this is true, 2012 might be one of the best years yet.
Train 01

Postby jomandybri » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:47 am

AHHH Yes! They are turning TOR into sets! I think there was some discussion about the possibility somehwere (?), but I am genuinely excited they're doing it.

ALSO: Noticed on the calendar it says there's 2 exclusive minifigs, maybe this will be a bit more of a drawcard?
May the mass times acceleration be with you!
jomandybri

Postby Mofo Jones » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:03 am

If they can do TOR, they can certainly do KOTOR! Bring on the Ebon Hawk!
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby StoutFiles » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:19 am

Mofo Jones wrote:If they can do TOR, they can certainly do KOTOR! Bring on the Ebon Hawk!

I'm not sure about the logic of "If they can do a relevant video game, they can do a non-relevant game". I personally would love to see The Outrider, but Shadows of the Emipre has passed, just like KOTOR. Your best bet is that the Ebon Hawk appears in the game (I'm not sure if TOR and KOTOR are the same era).
StoutFiles

Postby cas » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:21 am

I'm rather impressed, well, except for the "Republic Strike Fighter," which looks weak. This is going to be a painfully awesome summer.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby StoutFiles » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:58 am

Flynn wrote:Wow, I honestly never thought they could make a worse Jabba's Palace set than the original. From the looks of those pictures, I think they succeeded. A round of congratulations is in order for what I'm sure was a very daunting task.

It's supposed to resemble the shape of the Palace from the outside. I agree that the piece count is lacking, but this is mainly about the rare minifigs and less about the play features of the Palace.
StoutFiles

Postby Mister Ed » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:08 am

Ugh. For all the weaknesses of the original Gungan Sub, I feel it vastly prefer it to what I'm seeing of this new one. I know the images are preliminary, but it doesn't even look like it is the right SHAPE. Ditto the skiff, I prefer the one that came with the Sail Barge to this random pile of bricks...

Unless these change significantly before release, I'll be saving more money on Star Wars LEGO this year, even though the NAMES of the sets made me think I would be spending more.
Mister Ed

Postby cas » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:49 am

StoutFiles wrote:
Flynn wrote:Wow, I honestly never thought they could make a worse Jabba's Palace set than the original. From the looks of those pictures, I think they succeeded. A round of congratulations is in order for what I'm sure was a very daunting task.

It's supposed to resemble the shape of the Palace from the outside. I agree that the piece count is lacking, but this is mainly about the rare minifigs and less about the play features of the Palace.

I was hoping for something a more "UCS," a more definitive Jabba's Palace with a Rancor thrown in for good measure. As it is, I like it better than the original, but my expectations were low to begin with.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby RfAurora » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:35 am

StoutFiles wrote:
Mofo Jones wrote:If they can do TOR, they can certainly do KOTOR! Bring on the Ebon Hawk!

I'm not sure about the logic of "If they can do a relevant video game, they can do a non-relevant game". I personally would love to see The Outrider, but Shadows of the Emipre has passed, just like KOTOR. Your best bet is that the Ebon Hawk appears in the game (I'm not sure if TOR and KOTOR are the same era).

The Events in TOR are seperated from KOTOR by approximately 303 years.
Spoiler: show
Also, as to the minifigures in the set, I think they're pretty generic. You have a Sith Warrior and 2 Imperial Troopers in the Fury, and as for the "Republic Striker"(Talon Starfighter), you get what is supposed to be a T7 astromech, the trooper looks like he has Havoc Squad colors, and wither a Jedi Knight or Smuggler for the 3rd figure. Given the lack of a lightsabre, I'm leaning towards a smuggler.
Last edited by RfAurora on Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
RfAurora

Postby GIR3691 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:50 am

2012 looks to be an exceptional year. Loving the ROTJ sets. Not surprised there's another advent calendar coming. I had no idea what those sets were, TOR is intriguing. How many kids are going to be playing a MMORPG though?

Who's the fourth minifig in the Gungan Sub set?

Why does Jabbba's Palace have a tower? Wouldn't it have been better to use those parts to make a rancor pit under the throne room?

Lord of the Rings pics are also on YouTube... ;)
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby cas » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:59 am

GIR3691 wrote:Who's the fourth minifig in the Gungan Sub set?

Queen Amidala, as seen earlier this year in her red dress.

Edit:
cas
Staff Writer

Postby Flynn » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:45 pm

StoutFiles wrote:I agree that the piece count is lacking, but this is mainly about the rare minifigs and less about the play features of the Palace.

And that's downright inexcusable. Minifigures should always be secondary to the set itself, not the other way around. It's a frustrating habit that's been plaguing the SW line for the past few years, and I'm getting absolutely sick of it.

Honestly, if getting better set design meant we'd go back to monochromatic alien molds and simplistic figures, I'd take it in a heartbeat.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Tohst » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:02 pm

Finally, a jedi starfighter!

-Tohst
Tohst
Staff Writer

Postby THX 1138 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:06 pm

Malevolence: Doesn't look bad. People who have the Republic Star Destroyer will probably really want this. I won't get it, though, since I don't get System-scale models of huge ships.
Gungan Sub: Looks pretty decent. Way better than the absolutely horrible looking previous one. I always liked the vehicle from the movie, and the minifigs look great, so I'll probably get it.
Jabba's Palace: Not bad. Way better than the previous one. I'll probably get it, especially with all those minifigs, like Oola, Bib Fortuna, and painted Jabba.
Saesee Tiin's Starfighter: Why did they have to change the design? It won't go well at all with the previous Delta-7Bs they've released. Not that I care, since I make my own anyway, but it's still annoying. I've been planning to make a MOC of a different fighter of his, and I don't like the colors on this one, so I'll probably just get a Saesee minifig from Bricklink (it should be cheaper thanks to this set).
Fury Class Interceptor: Looks interesting, but also expensive, and since I know nothing about the ship, I probably won't get it.
Skiff: The skiff itself looks pretty bad, but I'll probably get it for Luke, Lando, and possibly the parts. It could also be greatly improved for the final release.
Republic Striker Starfighter: Looks kind of cool. I like the colors. I suppose I might get it, but it won't be a high priority.
Do a barrel roll!
THX 1138

Next

Return to Star Wars