Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Send A Card, Give A Child A Toy! [PLEASE READ!]

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Send A Card, Give A Child A Toy! [PLEASE READ!]

Postby buriedbybricks » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:14 am

So, here's the deal. LEGOSantaYoda.com is going to give one toy for every one of their LEGO Star Wars eGreetings sent. Their limit is one million potential gifts for the US Marine Corps' Toys for Tots program.

In order to get the toys out in time for Christmas they'll have to cut this off soon and they've only hit 590 as of me writing this, so we need to act fast!

I'm giving my name and e-mail here and I'm asking everyone who reads this to click the link and send me an eGreeting from the site. It only takes a minute and I think it's well worth the effort.

If you want to take this even further, leave your name and email address in a reply below and I will send you a card as well. Only leave a response if you want everyone else who sees it to send you a card. If just 100 of us each pledge to send each other a card it will cost each of us approximately 1 or 2 hours of our time in the next month, but it will give 10,000 children something special for the holidays. Get a little spam, give a little time and a toy.

Who's with me?

Ken
[email protected]
buriedbybricks

Re: Send A Card, Give A Child A Toy! [PLEASE READ!]

Postby GroudonMan » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:38 pm

groudonman [at) gmail (dot} com

I'll be sure to send one to everybody, going to take a lot more to reach the million mark. Remember to actually view the greeting, I'm pretty sure that's when it is counted, not when it is sent.
GroudonMan

Postby Walter Boy » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:10 pm

Sent a few out! Those vids make great greeting e-cards. :)
Walter Boy

Postby Cara » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:15 pm

I thought I had time to send a stack of these, but after sending 25 ish I checked the total on the yoda page:http://www.legosantayoda.com/ and the total had only increased by an handful. So I am wondering if they only count each email address to and from one time? So you can't send multiple emails to the same person.

I would be interested if you could confirm that you have recieved a lot from someone to know that it is working. Before I spend half an hour sitting here trying to send toys for tots :)

Best Wishes,
Cara.
Cara

Postby Solo » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:59 pm

I'm wondering that too. The number doesn't seem to update in real time at least. When I sent off a handful I checked the number before and after and it was the same.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby buriedbybricks » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:43 pm

The number only updates when the e-greeting is viewed. Ace is opening them a few thousand at a time when they build up, hence the huge jumps all at once.

How is he opening thousands of messages all at once you may ask? Magic, pretty sure he learned it from Santa...
buriedbybricks

Postby Solo » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:07 pm

Ace confirmed for wizardry.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby onions » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:43 am

onions
Founder
Founder

Postby volumex » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:20 am

This is a cause that worths everybodys attention, big up's to FBTB for offering even more incentive to get cracking (I mean clicking! ) ;)
Lets do this... lets unite in a common cause and give the gift that keeps giving. LEGO! ;)
volumex

Postby twentythree » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:49 am

I sent some to FBTB and my family as well. Thanks for this. I remember getting my first Lego set at 7yrs old for Christmas (Blacktron Invader:http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=6894-1 ) and how that started me on the journey to all of the friends and fun times that I'm still enjoying.
"I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
"What I told you was true...from a certain point of view" - Obi Wan Kenobi
"A lion, a witch, and a wardrobe walk into a bar...stop me if you've heard this one" - me
twentythree

Postby theStuck » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:13 am

Done !
:)
theStuck

Postby etcknight » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:08 am

Anyone know what the Lego Co cut off date is going to be for sending these? Over the weekend, I think the count was about 30,000 per day. Which is a huge jump from 100/day. But, at 30,000 per day it will still take the entire month to get to 1 million.

Also, can anyone confirm / deny whether using the "back" button and sending again counts as another e-mail by the Lego Co system? I can send more quicker that way rather than clicking the greeting open each time, but I want to make sure it is counting for the kids.

Thanks for promoting this! :D
etcknight

Postby onions » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:29 am

i can confirm that hitting back and sending again will send a new email.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby GroudonMan » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:32 am

May have hit a snag here. I have just attempted to send one to some buds but they never arrived, tried it with myself (another email address) and it is not going through. Is anyone else experiencing this?

On another note: WOOHOO, 100k has been achieved! Good work everyone!
GroudonMan

Postby buriedbybricks » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:40 am

I imagine a lag could be created from the sheer volume at this point. Be patient and don't panic.
buriedbybricks

Postby GroudonMan » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:45 am

buriedbybricks wrote:I imagine a lag could be created from the sheer volume at this point. Be patient and don't panic.

I suppose that is quite possible, with multiple websites working towards spreading the cheer. :lol:
GroudonMan

Postby etcknight » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:53 am

GroudonMan wrote:On another note: WOOHOO, 100k has been achieved! Good work everyone!

I was just going to say we should hit the 100k mark today. Nice! :cool:
etcknight

Next

Return to Star Wars