Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

ninjago review: 2509 Earth Dragon Defence

The official Lego set review forum. Please read the Guidelines before posting!

ninjago review: 2509 Earth Dragon Defence

Postby bidoofdude » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:19 am

Hi, this is Bidoofdude and this is my first review!
Today i will be reviewing the ninjago earth dragon defence set.
This set retails for $49.00 AU and comes with one instruction booklet.

I am going to start with the minifigures. The first fig we get is "Wyplash"- he is the ice general of the skullkin. Wyplash has his own head mold which only comes with this figure. However I don't recall him being at the caves of despair. The minifig i recall bein there was Nuckal. Anyway... Moving onwards. The next fig we get is Cole dx who is the ninja of earth in his dragon suit. It has front and back printing and comes with a silver katana for his back. This is my second Cole dx minifig.
Next i will review the dragon and the little playset that comes with it. This set comes with a little stand for the scythe of quakes. It is very small but looks quite good in my opinion. I thougt it would be good to include that conveyor belt that the skullkin used to sort rocks. Or maybe a second dragon head that the scythe of quakes was lodged in during the cartoon.But i guess that second one would boost up the price. I dont know, these are just suggestions.
Now lets take a look at the dragon. He is a pretty good build and i have to say i sort of enjoyed the building process better than seeing the end product. Im not saying the final result is bad. Just i loved building it. You get a few new pieces here as well as some rare ones. If you like brown parts this is a good set for some extra pieces. The dragon has its own head mold and has some silver spikes for the top. I dont know of any of you have seen the brick show but hey were pretty harsh to this set. The dragon has some good playability features like a swishing tail and the earth ball that goes in his mouth. It has a nice touch of sand green armour that can fold out to make wings.
Overall i think this set is good for $50 and i would reccomend it. The figs are alright but i wish they used nuckal instead. I am goin to rate it a 7.5 and i disagree with the brick show about this set. Hope you enjoyed bye!
For all you people out there that think us Aussies are primitive and have Kangaroos in our backyard, think again. Australia uses the most electricity in the world.We live in cities and not huts and you Yanks have weird accents.
bidoofdude

Re: ninjago review: 2509 Earth Dragon Defence

Postby bidoofdude » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:26 pm

I am adding some pics soon. I have to put them on mg flickr page.
For all you people out there that think us Aussies are primitive and have Kangaroos in our backyard, think again. Australia uses the most electricity in the world.We live in cities and not huts and you Yanks have weird accents.
bidoofdude

Return to Reviews