Earn Double the VIP Points on everly shop.LEGO.com purchase!  Valid April 1-15, 2014.

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Anyone else like Transformers Prime?

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

Anyone else like Transformers Prime?

Postby onions » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:53 pm

I can't get enough of Prime. The cartoon is hands down the best iteration of the Transformers storyline yet. And the figures! Omg the figures. I've been dying to get a second Arcee to open. So, anyone else a fan?
onions
Founder
Founder

Re: Anyone else like Transformers Prime?

Postby Robzula » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:46 am

...apparently not. I saw four or five episodes and I really enjoyed them, so I set up a series recording on my DVR, but every time I went to watch my recorded shows... I dunno, they just never really called to me. Then I'd have like five episodes piled up and it got to be a chore to watch them, so I just dropped it. Now I don't get The Hub anymore, which is... really unfortunate... but I doubt my roommates would be too happy paying more for cable when they rarely even watch tv. In any case, I might have to find this show through other means at some point, when I get into another Transformers kick.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby onions » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:45 am

Honestly it's one of the better shows on tv imo. Worth going through the chore to make it to the three part season finale.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby AbstractedIdeal » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:31 pm

I was a little hesitant when the opening arc kicked off with a story about zombie Transformers (I mean... really?!), but the show won me over pretty quickly -- the voice acting has been stellar, the stories far more interesting than TF3 (why oh why didn't they steal that Unicron plot?!), and (as annoying as the kids are) Miko and Bulkhead are hilarious.
AbstractedIdeal

Postby onions » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:58 pm

I had the same reservations about the zombie element. but i think they handled it really well since it didn't go beyond the 5 part miniseries. there was a missed opportunity there though to have arcee kill zombie cliff. i think that could have been a great character development plot.

i can't wait for season 2. and prime toys can't get released fast enough.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby AbstractedIdeal » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:50 pm

Hmm, I remember bits of the zombie story playing into later episodes, but it wasn't anywhere near as blatant as the miniseries, and even that was probably made a lot worse by being paired up with the new A-Teamified version of G.I. Joe (which also grew on me).
AbstractedIdeal

Postby THX 1138 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:48 pm

I haven't seen TF Prime, but I do collect Transformers figures in general. I'm hoping to see Prime once it's on DVD.
Do a barrel roll!
THX 1138

Return to BCS 2.0