Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[USA] Barnes and Noble 40% Off Toys and Games

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: [USA] Barnes and Noble 40% Off Toys and Games

Postby onions » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:40 am

It depends on the set. It has to be an educational toy. Robie house, for example, is considered adult puzzle or something like that.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby renesisx » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:43 am

Haven't found a single LEGO item that doesn't say this:
"This item does not qualify for coupons or promotional discounts unless expressly stated."
renesisx

Postby renesisx » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:09 am

OK, I found one set that doesn't have that text on it, but it still doesn't apply the 50% off:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/toys-ga ... &usri=lego
renesisx

Postby pharmjod » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:49 am

So can you get it in store? Does it require a coupon in store or what? I had my store reserve a copy of the queen anne but didnt know if i needed a coupon for the 50% off or if i should even bother going in?
pharmjod

Postby djmangunz » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:22 am

I called B&N customer service just to confirm that this sale doesn't apply to Lego. They politely informed me that the majority of the sale excludes Lego. Sucks, because that would have been a sweet deal on the Slave 1. Also a bit confusing because the 40% coupon for earlier this week worked in store no problem and it had the same stipulations as this sale. I guess you could try in store today if you have time to kill. They seem to be more relaxed on the policy in b&m stores.
sleeves optional
djmangunz

Postby renesisx » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:04 pm

OK, so I didn't bother getting up early to go shopping at B&N today because online they said it didn't apply to Lego.

Was out getting pet food today and walked into a very quiet B&N. They had the 50% off stickers on all the Lego shelves. Picked up 2 huge sets which didn't have any B&N mark up. Got 60% off both (with my free B&N card), and also bought a $100 gift card which I used to buy the sets with, which got me another free $10 gift card. A good haul.
renesisx

Postby pharmjod » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:58 pm

Was able to get queen Anne and kings castle for 50% off. I can't believe my store had any Lego left by 4pm but they had quite a bit. I guess all the illiterate morons in my community were out fighting for big screen tvs. More Lego for me :)
pharmjod

Postby renesisx » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:59 pm

OK, just went to another B&N and snagged another set at 60% off. Both the B&Ns I went to in Chicago still had pretty much their full stock of Lego. I would have thought they would have been cleared out. Crazy. I think I've spent enough money today.
renesisx

Postby legomason » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:47 pm

Are you only allowed to get only one item?
legomason

Postby SDIronClaw » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:41 pm

I picked up a Sith Infiltrator for 50% off. They had a rather poor selection of Star Wars sets, but they had a lot of town and castle sets....big ones too. I should have asked about the card to get an additional 10% off, I have the Kids Card, but I guess that is not the same. Oh well, 50% is still a good deal. We made a couple trips and got some good stuff for the kids for Christmas.
"I find your lack of Lego disturbing."
SDIronClaw

Postby Mandalorian Candidat » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:32 am

This was definitely a bangin deal. XD

The store I went to in NW Florida allowed us to do multiple purchases to get the deal along with the Borders-to-BN membership conversion discount. I ended up getting the Republic Cruiser, Sith Infiltrator, Geonosian Starfighter, Sith Speeder, and a couple of POTC sets all for 55% off. My 5 year old son bought his first Lego set with his birthday money--the Wampa Cave set. I wish I had realized about getting the bonus $10 gift card. There was also a 30% off coupon for any other item.

I noticed the same thing about the online issue with the 50% off deal. It was plastered all over the store about the Lego being 50% off, except for the Architecture sets.

I was really surprised that we were the only people buying Lego sets. Everyone else wanted $79 Nooks.
Mandalorian Candidat

Postby ufjason » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:20 am

I was out in the buying frenzy myself and was able to get a double dip in most stores with the 30% extra off coupon. Essentially getting the items down to 65% off. Picked up a Republic Frigate, Queen Anne's Revenge, Robie House for $42 a piece. The 30% off coupon is still live and is pretty good considering the hoops you need to jump through for TRU deals. Add the extra 10% if you have a membership and you're golden. I wish I'd known about the Border to BN membership promo.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby MrCRskater » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:08 am

Finally caved on the T-6 Jedi Shuttle. At 40% off, the price was finally right, so even if it's not a great set, I can't be too disappointed at a little under $0.10/part, plus the sweet jedi figs. Also picked up Quidditch Match for about $10 to finish off my HP collection, and it's a good thing it came down that low 'cause it's a stinker!

Sure, I could've scored way better deals on some of the bigger sets, but I've already got a lot of them and I just couldn't justify a big purchase for myself like that with Christmas looming. Great deals, though, so I'm glad y'all scored some nice brick.
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Previous

Return to Finds/Deals