Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Announcing The Wheels of Justice Contest!

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Announcing The Wheels of Justice Contest!

Postby onions » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:03 pm

To promote their LEGO Super Heroes line set to debut next year, LEGO has provided us with a set of the Batman and Green Lantern minifigs that were given away at San Diego Comic Con earlier this year. We have one set of figures to give away, but we're going to split them up as prizes for two different categories.

Category 1: Build an original Batmobile. And by original, I mean one that has never been seen before. Models based off of Batmobiles that have already appeared in tv shows, movies, comic books, published works, or other forms of media will not be accepted. Make it black or prepare to lose. Winner of this category will receive the Batman promotional minifig.

Category 2: Build an original GreenLanternmobile. What would Hal Jordan think of when he thinks of a cool set of wheels to zip around town in to attract all the ladies? What would he think of making to chase down the bad guys? Make it green or prepare to lose. Winner of this category will receive the Green Lantern promotional minifig.

Just so that there's no confusion: a Batmobile and GreenLanternmobile is considered a vehicle with no more and no less than four wheels. No tanks or hovercrafts. There must be a driver's seat; no autopilots.

Simply post 1 photo of your entry to the contest thread. You may enter once per category, but please use one post per entry. After the submission window is closed, we will be setting two separate polls, one for each category.

Submission window is open from now until 11:59:59pm November 30th, after which the contest thread will be locked. Voting will commence soon after.

Also, I would highly suggest that you take the MOC you build and turn it around and submit it to the LEGO Super Heroes website and enter their monthly contest. The prize packages are pretty awesome so you'd be silly not to.

Standard Contest Rules:
  • No modified parts or cut stickers.
  • No unofficial elements.
  • No pre-existing or virtual models.
  • No changes allowed after the deadline.
You must have a forum account to enter. Entries by proxy will be not be allowed.
Do not post non-entry photos to the contest thread.

You must use flickr to host your entry pictures because we rely on the built in image resizing feature. If you do not have an account, you can sign up for free, or ask someone to upload it for you.
Once uploaded you will need to embed the photo in the forum. To do so:
  1. go to the flickr photo page for your image
  2. click the little down arrow above your photo to the right of the icons
  3. click "Grab the HTML/BBCode" from that drop down menu
  4. check the bubble next to "BBCode" (HTML will not work)
  5. copy the code from the box above and paste that into a reply here
  6. do not add any more code tags
  7. click Preview to verify that it worked, then Submit.
    If it didn't work, PM me.
Photography note: be sure to submit the best pictures possible. Color and contrast correction is recommended if necessary. The only other image enhancement allowed is replacing the background with either a solid color or simple gradient. Your photos cannot be altered in any other way. For example; no composite views, special effects, text, graphics, or scenery will be permitted. Remember, the contest is about the models - not your image manipulation prowess.
onions
Founder
Founder

Re: Announcing The Wheels of Justice Contest!

Postby buriedbybricks » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:57 am

I for one am excited to see what creations this contest will bring. If I have time later in the month I may have to try my hand at a GLmobile, just fer kicks.
buriedbybricks

Postby Stardusty » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:28 am

Woooooo!

I can't wait to enter!
I didn't had enough time to enter FBTBMM2011, but I'm entering this for sure!
Prizes are nice too. I want that Batman fig so much!
Stardusty

Postby Si-Mocs » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:02 am

Sounds fun!

Though clarification on GreenLanternmobile - should it be a 'real' mobile or a projection from the Ring?
or our choice?
Si-Mocs

Postby Solo » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:49 pm

Your choice.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:07 pm

Oh, I am so entering this! I have the perfect thing for Category 1, and I might come up with something good for Category 2 as well!
Can we link to a gallery with extra pictures, including ones with composite views and/or special effects?
And does anyone know if you can enter more than once in the Super Heroes Unite contest? For example, can we enter both our Batmobile and GreenLanternmobile in the same month?
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby onions » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:18 pm

yes, you can link to a gallery. your main image should be clean of any text or special effects and well photographed. i would also ask that you post in the moc showcase section as well as adding it to the fbtb flickr outpost pool.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby volumex » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:17 am

Oh No! Does this mean I need to break the DV8? :shock: All my black parts are with her :'(
volumex

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:02 am

You could also use (dark) blue or dark bley. ;) But yeah, black is usually the best color for a Batmobile.
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby volumex » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:53 am

Right on, I mean Batman has got a few different suits. ;) Just I dont have a huge selection of either. :(
volumex

Postby brickster90 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:49 am

Just so we're clear: This doesn't mean solid black or solid green for the vehicles, correct? I was thinking maybe a few bricks (and a windshield and wheels) might be of a different color.
brickster90

Postby buriedbybricks » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:35 am

FYI for Green Lantern builders, if I see one piece of yellow in your build you've lost my vote! ;)

Seriously though. NOT. One. Piece.
buriedbybricks

Postby volumex » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:37 am

You've now gone and scared off all our yellow builders... LOL
volumex

Postby Lazerblade » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:09 am

Let me get this right. Our vehicle needs to be "our own design"?
Lazerblade

Postby volumex » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:14 am

Yip, your very own, so start your next secret project and keep us hanging till the end... LOL!
volumex

Postby volumex » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:16 am

volumex wrote:Yip, your very own, so start your next secret project and keep us hanging till the end... LOL!

Keeping it on four wheels!
volumex

Postby onions » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:57 am

brickster90 wrote:Just so we're clear: This doesn't mean solid black or solid green for the vehicles, correct? I was thinking maybe a few bricks (and a windshield and wheels) might be of a different color.

you can use a few elements in a different color. but too much of an accent color, the voters might deem it not batmobiley or greenlanternmobiley enough.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby brickster90 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:18 am

OK. Thanks.
brickster90

Postby Lazerblade » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:46 pm

volumex wrote:Yip, your very own, so start your next secret project and keep us hanging till the end... LOL!

The very end? lol ;)
Lazerblade

Postby volumex » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:43 pm

Lazerblade wrote:

The very end? lol ;)

.... barracuda :cool:
volumex

Next

Return to Contests & Community Builds