Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Clarification needed on moc madness entry

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Clarification needed on moc madness entry

Postby onions » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:17 am

Dear all who are reading this,

Yesterday, when don was gathering the entries, he realized one of the entries is using a part that seems a little suspect. It is betty's revenge:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66334317@N ... 273332918/

particularly these photos:

and

we cannot verify that this is a legit lego element as none of their boat hulls, as far as we can determine, have a wood grain nor split down the middle. we've tried contacting the builder via pm and flickr mail and a comment on his flickr stream, but no response yet.

The admins think that it is a modified and/or clone brand element but we wanted to give the builder a chance to provide proof. we should have caught it early on since he posted his entry a few weeks ago, but since it was the last day when we did catch it, we thought it was only fair to give him a small window of opportunity to provide proof. if anyone can verify with proof that these are or are not legal elements, please post here. otherwise, we will be disqualifying the entry tonight.
onions
Founder
Founder

Re: Clarification needed on moc madness entry

Postby banthafodder » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:59 am

The injection points are not consistent with Lego where it was removed from the spru and on the bottom of the plates there is injection molded writing not consistent with Lego.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/66334317@N ... 960593630/
banthafodder

Postby volumex » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:55 pm

Strange when I first came across it, I thought... Thats not Lego, but it wasnt for me to judge. From the texture/colour, this could be MegaBlok, King Arthur or Pirates range?
volumex

Postby Rook » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:00 pm

So it's not 6243: Brickbeard's Bounty, 6268: Renegade Runner, 6271: Imperial Flagship, or 6274: Caribbean Clipper then probably? Those were my dark ages so missed them. :x
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Postby Solo » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:09 pm

I am far from knowledgeable in regards to the pirates theme and by extension the pieces available, so until this was questioned I didn't think twice about it. I spent a lot of time last night looking up hull elements and couldn't find any Lego ships that had the wood grain texture, and none of them seem to be split into quarters like this. But at the same time, I couldn't find any off brand pirate ships that were even close. I'm at a complete loss here and appreciate any help you guys can lend.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby volumex » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:22 pm

@Don ,will see build instructions?
volumex

Postby Solo » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:23 pm

What?
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby volumex » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:33 pm

Mega Blok Pyrates range?
volumex

Postby Rook » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:33 pm

What to call him at work? I have the number. :x Probably not. "Hello this is Solo, I have a question regarding your 'Lego'."
Last edited by Rook on Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Postby volumex » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:42 pm

I thought it could be from Mega Blok / Pyrates range set no: 95523, but checked instructions, no such part?
volumex

Postby cas » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:47 pm

It isn't megabloks or best lock, or at least nothing from recent years. I've tried looking up other brands, but I'm finding it difficult. There just aren't awesome databases filled with images of every set or part, at least anything that is remotely complete or useful.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby Solo » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:25 pm

OK, got a response from him, it is indeed not a Lego hull so the ruling will stand. Look forward to the start of the regional polls tonight folks.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby onions » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:46 pm

Thanks everyone.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Solo » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:33 pm

Top side of mystery hull:

I really have no ideas here.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby BrickJunky » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:52 pm

Just wanted say, made the mistake of using the non official piece. I'm still a rookie! The pieces that were in the used box of bricks were lego, megabloks, and tyco. I separated the non lego pieces but overstepped this. It doesn't look like those though . Hopefully this helps find the source. Sorry to all....
BrickJunky

Postby BrickJunky » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:28 pm

Wanted to see if a name is on the pieces. This is whats on all of them. Image
Hull signature by BrickJunky, on Flickr
BrickJunky

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:38 pm

Probably made by these guys:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COCO_(toys)

(based on the name "COKO" imprinted on the piece)
Mister Ed

Postby Solo » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:22 pm

Excellent work there Mister Ed. Five seconds of googling later,
http://www.mindspring.com/~ffilz/Lego/pirate-ships.html wrote:This is a Chinese clone brand. Several pirate ships were released. These look amazingly like the LEGO ships in a lot of ways. One interesting feature is that all the hull sections are split two. This allows for more variation in width of ships. It looks like these ships may still be available, but finding them is difficult.

Case closed.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Return to Contests & Community Builds