Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Dave's UCS-scale Escape From Docking Bay 327

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Dave's UCS-scale Escape From Docking Bay 327

Postby Staff » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:46 am

MOC Pages user Dave aka F2 posted his MOC of Docking Bay 327. It's built around 10179 Ultimate Collector's Series Millennium Falcon and is just chock full of details. He's also integrated about 67 LED lights to make it glow at nicely at night. Check out his full gallery of images for more.

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2011/10/31/daves-ucs-scale-escape-from-docking-bay-327/
Staff

Re: Dave's UCS-scale Escape From Docking Bay 327

Postby volumex » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:51 am

......uie, no words! This is outstanding, many hours and super detail. Very impressive, the lighting creates an incredible setting! WOW. Well done to you Dave! (respect) ;)
volumex

Postby ruhlcore » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:03 am

Very nice model , unfortunately i couldnt effort to buy the UCS Falcon. But one question , what is the skeleton in the water ?`
Was that part of the movie ?

greetings,
ruhlcore
ruhlcore

Postby lowlead » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:30 am

Dave, saw this over at Eurobricks. Simply put, words just cannot describe your project. It would be great if you signed into this thread to take a personal bow for this one, I'm sure more than a few would drop in with a question or two!

Alright, I'll try a few adjectives: stunning, jaw-dropping, envy-inducing, awe-inspiring, etc...

My question is what device did you use to sequence the LEDs? I have never seen that effect on a lit LEGO MOC...quite clever!

-Matt
lowlead

Postby spacepilot3000 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:16 pm

Hey everybody!

Sure I register here and I am very proud to answer all of your questions!
I registered with my nick from eurobricks, so feel free to call me Dave or spacepilot3000 ;-)

First of all I want to say: Thank you so very much for showing my project in the page news, all your positive feedback and the many, many clicks on mocpages and so on... THANK YOU! I am very happy and proud about that!

And now feel free to ask or comment! XD

Regards,

Dave
spacepilot3000

Postby lowlead » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:34 pm

Welcome Dave, glad to have you!

Still wondering how you pulled off the sequenced flashing feature on the LEDs :D
lowlead

Postby spacepilot3000 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:14 am

lowlead wrote:Welcome Dave, glad to have you!

Still wondering how you pulled off the sequenced flashing feature on the LEDs :D

I've used some electronic platines, ICs, resistors and transistors to generate this "running light" effect. It is done with a lot of soldering, soldering and soldering.

You also can buy such electronic circuits ready as kit. Here in Germany we have an online shop named "Conrad Electronics", who has a "6channel LED running light kit" Ouh, I just see, they have an international shop: An Example is Order number: 190128 on http://www.conrad.com. But also here: soldering!

OK, it is not perfect, but I hope this is the answer you wanted to hear??

Regards,

Dave
spacepilot3000

Postby lowlead » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:39 am

spacepilot3000 wrote:OK, it is not perfect, but I hope this is the answer you wanted to hear??

It was, thanks! Sounds like a lot of time invested in the lighting. Great detail on the hangar walls, too.
lowlead

Return to Star Wars