Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

2012 Set Lists for Super Heroes, Cars

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

2012 Set Lists for Super Heroes, Cars

Postby Staff » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:42 pm

Super Heroes Set List

Thanks to Australian toy website, Hobbyco, we now have a more complete picture of what 2012 will bring in regards to the other licensed themes. Please note that the prices you see in the screen caps above and below are in Australian dollars. Super Heroes is rounding out quite nicely with the Avengers' Quinjet on the Marvel side, while DC's offerings seem to be awash with Batman sets. There's also a listing for the 'Ultrabuild' Hero Factory-type of Constraction sets that were shown at Comic Con. Cars doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon much to my delight. Assuming some of these are slated for January, they should start showing up sometime in December.

Ultrabuild Set List
Cars Set List

Hat tip to BrickTuts for the heads up.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2011/10/12/2012-set-lists-for-super-heroes-cars/
Staff

Re: 2012 Set Lists for Super Heroes, Cars

Postby djmangunz » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:00 pm

Someone at Eurobricks was clever enough to convert the prices to American. And the rough estimate goes as this:

Quinjet $70
Helicarrier $50
Loki $25
X-men $25
Captain America $12

I was kind of surprised at the lower than expected prices for this line. It is apparent that Lego is learning from its recent licensed line disappointments due to high prices. (Read: POTC) As nice as this list is for the Marvel sets, the major bummer about the line is the Helicarrier obviously being reduced to a room or two like Home One. I must lament the lack the the full Helicarrier in all its Lego awesomeness.
sleeves optional
djmangunz

Postby Walter Boy » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:05 pm

I'm so glad there's an affordable set with Captain America! It'd be cool if we would get the WWII version, but I'm thinking it's just going to be the version we saw at Comic Con.
Walter Boy

Postby Mister Ed » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:23 pm

I'm glad that Superman AND Wonder Woman (and Lex Luthor) come in the same affordable set (even if it looks a bit skimpy for the price). I was afraid I'd have plenty of lower-cost opportunities to get Batman, but the other heroes would end up being only in some big, pricey set.
Mister Ed

Postby GregHyland » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:45 pm

Hm. I know some of those names are wrong or have been changed.
Greg Hyland
"You'll thank me when you share my politics"
http://www.lethargiclad.com
GregHyland

Return to Licensed Themes