Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 Sneak Preview

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 Sneak Preview

Postby Staff » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:19 pm

GodIsAGeek.com posted some screen shots and a 10 minute video of some gameplay footage from the upcoming LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 game. They also posted the below list of features from the game:

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 continues the saga of the Boy Who Lived in this spell-binding adventure for wizards and Muggles alike. This time, players are transported through the final three books and final four films – Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince™, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – to experience Harry’s last years at Hogwarts and battle Lord Voldemort in the ultimate fight of good vs. evil. The creative LEGO prowess unites with the expansive world of Harry Potter™ once again to deliver an exciting and rewarding gameplay experience. The game features lessons, spell-casting, duelling and much more for players of all ages to enjoy.

GAME FEATURES:

• LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 takes players through Harry’s heroic endeavors as they travel through various worlds encountering new faces, new lessons, new challenges and new spells.

• Explore new LEGO gameplay settings including Grimmauld Place, the Ministry of Magic, and Godric’s Hollow as well as iconic locations like Diagon Alley and Hogwarts.

• Build, conjure and explore this multi-faceted LEGO world as you discover your inner wizard!

• Master advanced duelling skills and battle toward the ultimate showdown with the Dark Lord himself.

• Discover and unlock characters including, Fenrir Greyback, Bellatrix Lestrange and Professor Horace Slughorn.

• Play with friends and family using easy drop-in/drop-out co-op play that features dynamic split screen.

Check out GodIsAGeek.com for screenshots and more info. LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 comes out November 15, 2011, just in time for the holidays. Preorder your copy from Amazon today!
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2011/08/17/lego-harry-potter-years-5-7-sneak-preview/
Staff

Re: LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 Sneak Preview

Postby SlickP » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:29 am

Can't wait to see how many glitches this one has... >8(
SlickP

Postby Mister Ed » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:02 am

Ha! No kidding. I actually had far less than I was hearing about on console versions (I was playing on my PC), but the one main one I DID have made me start over from scratch if I wanted to complete the game 100%.
Mister Ed

Postby zwolya » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:11 pm

Dragon room? That was the one that got me on the PS3. Most of the others were problems on the Wii only I believe...
zwolya

Postby Mister Ed » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:22 pm

No, I never had any problem with the Dragon Room. I had a problem where, upon opening the door to the Slytherin common room in Hogwarts (not in a level, but in the castle itself), the door would VISUALLY open, but physically it would still be closed (so it was impossible for me to go through the open door). This remained no matter how many times I left and came back, making the game uncompletable. I had to start from scratch and HOPE the glitch wouldn't reappear the NEXT time I got to that point. (Which was quite a while- you have to go through quite a bit of the game before you have Polyjuice Potion AND a Slytherin character to change into.)
Mister Ed

Postby zwolya » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:50 pm

Well, the word from the guys at TT customer service who I contacted said the Dragon Room glitch only (and always) happened if you broke into it after learning Reducto (4th year :'( ), but not finishing the rest of the story (e.g., as soon as you can start exploring the castle with all spells and enough abilities to actually find its secrets). Second time through, I finished the whole story first like a good boy and had no trouble. Oh well, now I back up my game files about every other day, thank god lego doesn't make their game saves protected and uncopyable like some of the higher end games do.

As for years 5-7, I'll admit I was curious what other spells and stuff they'd pull out, especially since we already have their trump card (destroying metal objects). Unless they make us relearn that, which would really suck (but if you've played Crash Bandicoot, especially on handheld, you know what I mean). I saw Aguamenti and another spell when Harry traced the shape, couldn't make out what Hermione was doing with what looked like the firey spots on the ground, and thought the bag feature was cool. If any of the stuff is further explained by watching with sound, feel free to make fun of me for it XD
zwolya

Return to Licensed Themes