Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Walmart* Clearance - YMMV

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Walmart* Clearance - YMMV

Postby legomason » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:52 pm

Saw some new clearance items at the local Wally World:

4191 Captain's Cabin $6
4192 Fountain of Youth $10
4182 The Cannibal Escape $20

8097 Slave I $59
8095 General Grevious Starfighter $39 (or $29 I forget).

7942 Off Road Fire Rescue $6
Magikus $3
Smallest Atlantis set $3
Duplo Alphabet $15

The weird part was they had a whole mess of the new castle sets (Blacksmith Attack, etc.) and some others on the end cap with the big red clearance price stickers on them but they were the regular prices and scanned as regular price. Seems like they were trying to trick people that they were discounted since there was such a high quantity and it was in the clearance section of the store.
legomason

Re: Walmart* Clearance - YMMV

Postby 1brickshyofcrazy » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:12 am

I haven't seen much clearance on Lego's at my local area Walmarts - than again maybe these just went on clearance.

As for the newer castle stuff marked with red clearance stickers - that could be just a shelf stocker who messed up on them...
1brickshyofcrazy

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:57 am

I'm not even going to look. I'm going to break the punishing habit, as I have learned by now that my area stores NEVER have any interesting LEGO on Clearance, and Wal-mart isn't exactly on my way anywhere, unlike Target (where I will still probably torture myself looking for Clearance items that will never be on Clearance here).
Mister Ed

Postby russjnco » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:07 am

Also found Freeing Dobby (4736) for $7 each.

Very slim pickings compared to previous Walmart clearance sales......
russjnco

Postby Mofo Jones » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:12 am

Ever since my local WMs were remodeled (and in one case, moved to an entirely new store) the LEGO section has gone from decent sized to miniscule. Plus, they don't even seem to carry the entire range of sets anymore. So, I'm not going to bother to look either.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby 1brickshyofcrazy » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:25 am

Here's a question related to the topic of Walmart - has anyone used Walmart's online "Site to Store" service?

If you have what's your experience like using it, meaning was the items received in good shape, delivery time, etc?

Thanks for sharing any feedback and sorry if this is wrong to post here...
1brickshyofcrazy

Postby Mister Ed » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:33 am

I've used it a couple times, no problems at all. Fairly quick, good condition, all that.
Mister Ed

Postby MicroJow » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:31 pm

Found some Lego in a local Walmart's "Clearance" section today. Some of their fantastic deals?

Hogwart's Castle $129
General Grievous' Starfighter $49
The Burrow $59
Plo Koon's Fighter $24
Wampa Attack $39
Pharaoh's Quest Pyramid $99
Hagrid's Hut $39

Yep, those are the regular prices, but they all had the little red clearance stickers on them and were in an aisle with huge "CLEARANCE" banners. I asked the department manager about it and was told there are two types of clearance: clearance that is discounted and clearance that they want to clear out. I mentioned that it looked like they were trying to trick people into thinking these items were being sold for less than the original price without actually discounting them. He repeated his explanation about the two types of clearance and walked away.

- MJ
MicroJow

Postby Mister Ed » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:57 pm

If I was in a bad mood at the time, I would have asked to talk to a manager, and told them that they were engaging in deceptive practices. It wouldn't do a lick of good, but sometimes I'm just in the mood to argue about stupid stuff. If they have two kinds of clearances, then I guess they should distinguish them somehow, shouldn't they?
Mister Ed

Postby Mofo Jones » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:51 pm

I would have told the manager that there were two types of buying. "Stuff you pay for and take with you, and stuff you leave on the shelf. I'm going with option #2 today."
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby itchybreath » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:16 pm

I just picked up two(2) Plo Koon's Jedi Starfighter for $13.00 each from my local wally mart.
itchybreath

Postby Mandalorian Candidat » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:39 pm

I posted the following info on another thread this AM. Since then my internet mojo came back so I'm recycling this older thread. My hippie friends from Madison would be proud...

I was at WM this morning and there was a good number of Lego sets half off on the Christmas toy display aisle. This may be a regional thing (NW Florida) but who knows.

HP The Burrow $30
HP Quidditch Practice $10
SW Mace Windu's Jedi Starfighter $20
SW Freeco Speeder $12.50
SW Advent Calendar $20
Cars 2 Tokyo Pitstop $7.50
Cars 2 Bentley Breakout $35
Cars 2 Spy Plane Escape $25
Cars 2 Ultimate McQueen $15
Pharaoh's Quest Cursed Cobra Statue $15
Ninjago Turbo Shredder $15
Ninjago Nuckal's ATV $12.50

I checked everything else out (SW, HP, etc). but only the above items were discounted and they had a ton of each except for the MW JSF. Especially a lot of Freeco Speeders (about 30 or so). I have no idea why only some and not all of the older sets were being clearanced. Maybe some were designated as Christmas specials.

I also noticed all their Hasbro SW figures were half off. At least the regular ones. I didn't check the vintage line.
Mandalorian Candidat

Postby shoggoth666 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:42 pm

Mofo Jones wrote:I would have told the manager that there were two types of buying. "Stuff you pay for and take with you, and stuff you leave on the shelf. I'm going with option #2 today."

That made me snort. Brilliant! :lol:
shoggoth666

Postby GIR3691 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:45 pm

I found a number of sets on 50% clearance, including Atlantis, Ninjago, Pharaoh's Quest, Kingdoms, Toy Story, Cars, and Star Wars.

Some highlights include:

Mill Village Raid
Star Wars Advent Calendar
Slave 1
Mace Windu's Jedi Starfighter
Plo Koon's Starfighter
Emperor Palpatine's Shuttle
Hoth Rebel Battle Pack (though there was only one in the store)

Target had a lot at 30% off as well, but nothing compared to Walmart.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby pacific493 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:58 pm

I found a number of excellent deals at Walmart as well. They were in the regular aisle and weren't marked as clearance, but they all scanned at 50% off. I checked pretty much every set on the aisle that I thought were clearance candidates. No POTC sets were on clearance. All Pharaohs Quest and Kingdom's sets were 50%, as were Slave I, Plo Koons Starfighter, Mace Windu's Starfighter, Hoth Rebel and Snowtrooper Battlepacks.
pacific493

Postby HothTrooper » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:57 pm

My local Walmart had mostly been picked clean by early afternoon, but I did manage to get 8096 Emperor Palpatine's Shuttle for $29.90 and 8097 Slave I for $39.90.
HothTrooper

Postby Telorc » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:38 pm

are these deals all in states ?

Edit;

Must be checked 2 walmarts in Canada, no star wars on clearance at all. Just a few other set types
Last edited by Telorc on Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Telorc

Postby SDIronClaw » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:51 pm

I picked up Mace Windu's fighter tonight. Could'nt find a Slave 1, Palpatine Shuttle, or Hoth BP's though. Thanks for the tip though.
"I find your lack of Lego disturbing."
SDIronClaw

Postby ufjason » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:46 pm

Found all kingdoms half off, all of the star wars sets listed above plus tri fighter, freeco speeder and plo koon fighter for 12.xx. Most of the ninjago was half off including garmadon fortress, the fire temple and the blacksmith shop was half off the promo 15 down to 7.50. There are some leftovers from last year like millennium falcon midi scale, fire and police boat for 19.00. Price drops and selection are the same at all stores in my area. Haven't found anything weird anywhere.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby scandell » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:31 am

I scored big time tonight at a local Walmart thanks to thid thread.I walked out with 17 sets. 6 burrows. 2 pyramids. 1 Hogwarts express. 2 fresco speeders and a few smaller pirates sets. Thanks all!

I really think the burrow is going to be a hot commodity in the aftermarket. Bellatrix and mr and mrs Wesley alone make it valuable.
scandell

Next

Return to Finds/Deals