Earn Double the VIP Points on everly shop.LEGO.com purchase!  Valid April 1-15, 2014.

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[US] LEGO S@H/Store - Official May 3rd/4th Announcement

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: [US] LEGO S@H/Store - Official May 3rd/4th Announcement

Postby SDIronClaw » Sun May 01, 2011 8:10 pm

mrfootball wrote:Is it Midnight Eastern Time (US) or is it Midnight Greenwich Mean time? When does this sale go live?

+1 this would be a good think to know.
"I find your lack of Lego disturbing."
SDIronClaw

May The Fourth Be With You Promotion

Postby Staff » Mon May 02, 2011 1:28 pm

Shadow ARF Trooper

... which actually starts May 3rd, which is kind of odd if you ask me. Why not start May 4th and continue to May 5th?

Anyways, got the official word about LEGO Shop@Home's promotions for the unofficial Star Wars Day quasi-holiday.

First up is a FREE exclusive Shadow ARF Trooper minifigure with a purchase of $75 or more in LEGO Star Wars products from LEGO Shop@Home or LEGO Brand Retail. You'll also score FREE shipping if you shop online.

Next is a FREE LEGO Star Wars poster commemorating 10 years of LEGO Star Wars Ultimate Collector sets, picture below.

And the rumors were true: for North American customers only, with every purchase, you'll automatically be entered in a drawing for a 1st Edition 10179 Ultimate Collector's Millennium Falcon. The 1st edition run came with a numbered certificate.

You get 10% off these sets:

and 20% off these:

May the force be with you. And may your wallets and spouses forgive you.

Star Wars Poster

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2011/05/02/may-the-fourth-be-with-you-promotion/
Staff

Postby onions » Mon May 02, 2011 1:35 pm

the poster seems to exclude the x-wing, tie interceptor, and yoda models

onions
Founder
Founder

Postby that guy » Mon May 02, 2011 2:07 pm

Please please please tell me this is a joke? 10% - 20% off a few sets? Amazon has better deals. I'm praying they alter this agreement and put up something really cool tomorrow. :facepalm:
Last edited by that guy on Mon May 02, 2011 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
that guy

Postby SH1 » Mon May 02, 2011 2:08 pm

Thanks for posting.

Am I alone in feeling underwhelmed by these 'deals'? [well, me and 'that guy']
  • The UCS ship was on sale for a bit lower last winter:
    viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4999
  • amazon had the Tantive IV for 30% off close to Christmas (net savings after discount and bogo50%)
  • and I recall walmart had the drop-ship on sale too... (but can't recall the deal)

The past two years were so great (rogue shadow in 2009, UCS MF in 2010), I was hoping for more.
SH1

Postby that guy » Mon May 02, 2011 2:18 pm

SH1 wrote:Thanks for posting.

[*] and I recall walmart had the drop-ship on sale too... (but can't recall the deal)[/list]

Walmart had them for $189. I grabbed a couple since I couldn't resist.
that guy

Postby popnfresh » Mon May 02, 2011 2:20 pm

not every sale event can be a mega event like the last christmas round, or when the ucs falcons were being given away :lol:, but the two rounds of bogoho at TRU sure did help lessen the sting of the underhwhelming sales at S@H
popnfresh

Postby mrfootball » Mon May 02, 2011 3:52 pm

Would like to see Grievous Starfighter on sale too, was hoping to pick one up.
mrfootball

Postby MisterFubar » Mon May 02, 2011 4:08 pm

I wonder if they ship to APO...

I just might have to place an order even though I don't need anything they are currently selling.
MisterFubar

Postby mr_joshua » Mon May 02, 2011 4:34 pm

Ok, now I know Ace mentioned it, but am I the only one completely urked by the fact they did NOT include the X-Wing or the Tie Interceptor?!!?!!! I mean who the heck is working over there!?! They include the walking AT-AT monstrosity but not the two first UCS sets??? The bust is a whole other animal.

I was really excited about a cool UCS poster, but it doesn't even include two of the best...
mr_joshua

Postby Alm » Mon May 02, 2011 4:45 pm

Wooo, well at least the poster confirms the upcoming availability of the awesome UCS Super Star Destroyer! I'm rather pumped about that. I might bite the bullet and finally get the Republic Dropship and AT-OT...I feel like it is going to be discontinued soon, and it would make a nice graduation gift to myself.
I think TRON-based Lego sets would be awesome!
"Yeah, well, y'know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man."
Alm

Postby DarthMC » Mon May 02, 2011 5:13 pm

mr_joshua wrote:Ok, now I know Ace mentioned it, but am I the only one completely urked by the fact they did NOT include the X-Wing or the Tie Interceptor?!!?!!! I mean who the heck is working over there!?! They include the walking AT-AT monstrosity but not the two first UCS sets??? The bust is a whole other animal.

I was really excited about a cool UCS poster, but it doesn't even include two of the best...

Not to open the can of worms that was the "What is a UCS set" topic, but it looks like they just went by set number to make the poster. Sets numbered greater than 10000 made the poster.

Notice that Cloud City (10123) and the sandcrawler (10144), which are not UCS sets according to Bricklink, are on the poster but not X-wing (7191), Tie (7181) or Yoda (7194).

DarthMC
DarthMC

Postby cas » Mon May 02, 2011 5:21 pm

That is disappointing. I wonder what the reasoning was for excluding those sets. In my mind, every UCS set as classified by Lego should be on the poster. The X-wing and the TIE Interceptor defined the series, if anything, they should be where the Death Star is, right in the center. I guess they weren't ultimate enough.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby that guy » Mon May 02, 2011 5:34 pm

I can't agree more. The UCS X-Wing is a fantastic set and FAR more UCS than the crawler or cloud city. So now, on top of a goofy set of sale sets, we have a less than correct poster. WTF????
that guy

Postby Drock » Mon May 02, 2011 6:20 pm

I guess, technically, the inclusion of the X-Wing would have made it "11 years of ultimate sets," (2000-2010). But, yeah, I agree that omitting the X-Wing is sad (maybe they should have done this last year so 10 years could have captured it?). Especially when they included both versions of the Tantive IV. >8(
Drock

Postby mr_joshua » Mon May 02, 2011 7:20 pm

Drock wrote:I guess, technically, the inclusion of the X-Wing would have made it "11 years of ultimate sets," (2000-2010). But, yeah, I agree that omitting the X-Wing is sad (maybe they should have done this last year so 10 years could have captured it?). Especially when they included both versions of the Tantive IV. >8(

You know, I completely overlooked that. Why did they do THAT?!? And the top of poster reads "Over 10 years of...". So while I am glad Lego is putting something together for fans, they could have spent a bit more time to get it right. Looks like I will be photo-shopping the X-Wing and Tie into spots were they belong...like the second Tantive!
mr_joshua

Postby Joxer the Mighty » Mon May 02, 2011 8:59 pm

Items are now listed in the sale section, very hohum

I want to get the poster and minifig, what should I buy??
"I want to go to there"
Joxer the Mighty

Postby mrfootball » Mon May 02, 2011 9:44 pm

You can make the deal a little bit sweeter using Ebates for an additional 3% Cashback plus $5 if it's your first time to use it:

http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrerid= ... 8NGQ%3D%3D
mrfootball

Postby onions » Tue May 03, 2011 12:28 am

mrfootball wrote:You can make the deal a little bit sweeter using Ebates for an additional 3% Cashback plus $5 if it's your first time to use it:

or you could click through the site banner and support the site.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Mofo Jones » Tue May 03, 2011 12:40 am

onions wrote:
mrfootball wrote:You can make the deal a little bit sweeter using Ebates for an additional 3% Cashback plus $5 if it's your first time to use it:

or you could click through the site banner and support the site.

pwnd. XD

I would love to be able to support the site as much as possible, but I doubt I'll be buying much (if anything) during this sale. Maybe I'll cave and get a couple of battlepacks, if only to have a tiny chance at the Falcon. I'll be sure to click through if I decide to buy.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

PreviousNext

Return to Finds/Deals