Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

StarWarsShop Spring Cleaning Sale

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

StarWarsShop Spring Cleaning Sale

Postby Bulls_Eye » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:14 am

Just got an email saying that starwarsshop.com is having a "spring cleaning sale" and "40% off all in-stock products" the 18th-20th. I don't see any restrictions listed anywhere, but we'll see what happens when the sale starts tomorrow. As of right now, they still have several sets in stock.
Bulls_Eye

Re: StarWarsShop Spring Cleaning Sale

Postby mrfootball » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:53 pm

FYI - the sale started 'early' and most of the Lego items I wanted were swiped up right before I got wind of the early start (damned Sooners)....

Arrrghhggghhh!

Tantive IV you elude my grasp once again!!!!

I ended up just picking up the Clone Wars Season 2 DVD set. You can use the SWSCAB5 coupon code for additional $5 off your order if it's over $30 and click here to get 3% Cash Back and a $5 Signup Bonus through Ebates:http://www.anrdoezrs.net/click-2839818-10399759.
mrfootball

Postby batsamd » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:40 pm

So when was the early start?

Assumed it would start by Eastern time, so checked at 11 pm Central time and noticed a lot of stuff gone.

Ordered Grievous Starfighter set. To bad I didn't know about the coupon code or I could have saved another $5. Ended up getting it for $35.

I've tried to reorder it so I could use the code and cancel my original order since it says its still in stock, but keep getting an error message saying it couldn't be added to my cart.

Maybe its sold out and the website hasn't been updated.
batsamd

Postby ufjason » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:05 pm

Total bs, what's the point of asvertising a sale that doesn't start on time. Oh well, I guess you've gotta hit the f5 button if you want deals like these.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby onions » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:44 am

onions
Founder
Founder

Postby SDIronClaw » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:54 am

Bummer I forgot all about this, there is nothing left on the website now.
"I find your lack of Lego disturbing."
SDIronClaw

Postby MrCRskater » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:06 pm

Yeah, VERY disappointing that on [what should have been] the very first morning of the sale, they were pretty well cleaned out of LEGO (as well as other things). A 3-day sale isn't any good if everything's gone in the first few hours!
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby ufjason » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:57 pm

Or if it begins before the first second it was supposed to start.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby Mofo Jones » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:19 pm

Somebody over on Rebelscum said this sale hit the front page of Slickdeals.net, meaning that a whole bunch of people went shopping for stuff to resell on Ebay. :/
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby ufjason » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:23 am

Why does every deal thread have to degenerate into an ebay reseller thread. From a "staff writer" no less. Mofo, you don't know who was buying or what they were doing with what they bought. Slick deals is a site used by all kinds of people. Mom's, star wars geeks, deal lovers, etc.
ufjason

Postby anakinisvader » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:03 am

Mofo Jones wrote:Somebody over on Rebelscum said this sale hit the front page of Slickdeals.net, meaning that a whole bunch of people went shopping for stuff to resell on Ebay. :/

Heck, if they were selling flaming bags of poo cheap enough, I buy them all up and resell them on ebay XD
anakinisvader

Postby timetempest » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:28 am

ufjason wrote:Why does every deal thread have to degenerate into an ebay reseller thread. From a "staff writer" no less. Mofo, you don't know who was buying or what they were doing with what they bought. Slick deals is a site used by all kinds of people. Mom's, star wars geeks, deal lovers, etc.

Some just love to assume and are offended at the idea of people trying to make some extra cash. The sky is always falling in their world. It's best just to ignore the key-pounding, red-faced rants.
timetempest

Return to Finds/Deals