Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

South Coast Plaza Grand Opening Event

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

South Coast Plaza Grand Opening Event

Postby Staff » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:18 am

Yoda Master Builder Event

I meant to post this earlier this week but work has been crajee lately, so I apologize for the short reminder. This weekend at South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa, CA, LEGO Brand Retail is celebrating their grand opening event of their newest store with a series of activities and promotions. First up is a Master Builder event featuring Yoda! Help build an 8 ft. tall Yoda model from Saturday 10am to 6pm and Sunday 12pm to 6pm. Participants will receive a voucher good for a LEGO Star Wars Certificate of Achievement and a Yoda Duplo brick while supplies last. The Master Builder event lasts through Sunday with the final bricks aimed to be placed at 5:00pm on Sunday.

But wait, there's more! Visit the store during the event and enter a raffle to win a $50 gift certificate!

But wait, there's more! On Saturday, be one of the first 300 people to make a purchase of $35 or more and receive a free exclusive, limited-edition minifig 3-pack, pictured below.

But wait, there's more! On Sunday, be one of the first 300 people to to make a purchase of $35 or more and receive a free minifigure t-shirt! T-shirt is in kids sizes, not meant for minifigs.

The brand new LEGO store is located just off of Carousel Court on the first floor a few doors down from Puzzle Zoo.

South Coast Plaza Grand Opening Minifigs
South Coast Plaza Grand Opening Minifigs South Coast Plaza Grand Opening Minifigs

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2011/03/12/south-coast-plaza-grand-opening-event/
Staff

Re: South Coast Plaza Grand Opening Event

Postby meeotch » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:41 pm

I've never seen a limited edition minifig pack like that for a grand opening before, those look pretty sweet!
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby popnfresh » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:31 pm

man i wish they were offering that minifig pack yesterday, would much prefer that than the lego universe they were giving out friday...
popnfresh

Postby Gooker1 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:27 pm

I went this morning and got there just before 10:30. The line was pretty nutty to get through as it took about an hour to get in the store. The store itself is your standard Lego store. It's actually smaller than the one at the Glendale Galleria. It was well run, and as always, the employees were super friendly. I walked away w/ a couple of SW Lego sets as I just had to make a few purchases.

The exclusive minifig set is pretty cool as it was actually numbered! The website stated that they would be given out to the first 300 people to make purchases of $35 or more, but based on the numbered sets, there will be 500. I was able to walkk away w/ 146 of 500 and my friend got 149 of 500. Again, great event. :)
Gooker1

Postby Toppertwist » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:31 pm

I was there this morning around 9:25, and waited in line for what seemed to be forever. I got video covereage of the yoda (only the bottom part was done), and some of the things inside the store. I got the minifigs and they're so cool! I think only 500 were made because mine says 62 of 500 on the box. By the way, they also gave me a copy of Lego Universe and a Catalog for free.
On an unrelated note, there was a giant Bobba Fett (or Jango, I don't care for Star Wars) Lego statue there. The event was well-run. But, I had close to an empty wallet there so I got a Large PAB tub, Exclusive NinjaGo weapon pack, and a Creator little pack so I could get my minifigs :)
If you can't choose between love and Legos, why not just love Legos?
Toppertwist

Postby etcknight » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:27 pm

My wife and I were the first ones to show up. We weren't sure how popular it would be but we were determined to get the limited minifigures set - so we arrived early at 8 am. A line started forming around 9 am, but 9:30 am was when the like really started showing up! The Lego customer service was great! We both got the minifigure set, Yoda duplo brick, Lego Universe CD, free SW keychain, and building certificate. Although we were the 1st one's in line and the 1st one's to check out, we were randomly handed the minifigures set - so we ended up with #8 and #57. I was also surprised when the set said "out of 500" as it has been advertised for the "first 300" - but I guess Lego Co wanted to be able to give them to more people.

Anyways, a fun morning for the two of us. Thanks wife! XD
etcknight

Return to Star Wars