Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Good Luck Events Poll

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Good Luck Events

Poll ended at Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:05 am

Super Mega Gungan Luck - A chance screw-up by a certain Gungan "friend" ended up boosting your power slightly, giving you a speed edge +20 points
4%
Use the Force, Luke - A moment of calm and serenity washes over you as you thread your pod around the rocks, without even slowing down +10 points
3%
That's not flying, it's falling with style! - Your careful piloting leads your pod off the ridge and gives you a boost when it hits on the other side +5 points
1%
Boost - You hit the boosters at the perfect moment, swinging past the pod in front of you and leaving him choking on your dust +3 points
1%
Don't Get Cocky, Kid - You hit the edge perfectly and sneak a small shortcut no one has noticed, shaving precious time off your lap +5 points
3%
Special Jedi "Fuel" - Given you has Master Yoda fuel some boost power squeezed from is Ewok Berries +5 points
1%
Bam! - A little bit of "incidental" contact leaves your closest opponent with a bit of a dent on his nice shiny pod racer, giving you a bit of a boost +5 points for you, -5 for racer in front of you
4%
I Shot First - That Tusken never stood a chance, and a well placed blaster shot coming out of the corner sent him to the great sandcastle in the sky +3 points
2%
A Long Time Ago... - Careful planning before the race has left you with a little extra juice in your boosters, giving you a lead coming out of the big straightaway +2 points
1%
... In a Galaxy Far, Far Away - That Tusken you bribed with a couple of shiny baubles and a glass of water delivered, and took pot shots at the racers in front and behind you +5 points
1%
Chuck Norris - Chuck Norris does not need a pod to race. He stands there, and the world will simply move for him. +25 points
5%
Boba Fett? Boba Fett! - Through a series of comical mishaps, another racer attempts to kick gravel into your engines, but instead of slowing you down, it gives a bit of punch and lets you gain some much needed time. +3 points
1%
This... is... SPARTA! - In a show of pure oily fury, you jump to the top of your pod, bring it along side, and kick an opponent in the face. This really doesn't effect how either pod runs, but he's so shocked by what you did that he drops off the throttle a little, letting you slip by. +5 points
2%
I know a few maneuvers, kid - Your deft piloting, and it's more than just listing lazily to the right, let you weave through the pack with ease. +2 points
1%
A little bit of trickery - A carefully stashed repair bot lets you fix your overheating booster a little bit quicker than normal, and sends you on a nice extra jump over a ramp. The bot, used up, vanishes into the engine, hiding your clever interpretation of the rules, leaving no one the wiser. +3 points
0%
Bonus Life! - Your pre-flight meal had a nice green mushroom included, giving you an extra edge in avoiding the first wreck on the track. +1 points
1%
Blue Shell - You launch your one and only hidden missile to take down the lead podracer. Lead podracer gets -20 points. If you are the lead podracer, you gain +20 points.
5%
Corkscrew - You enter a tunnel, and by thinking outside the box, do a spin around the walls, and flip in front of the racer in front of you. Switch points with the racer directly in front of you.
3%
They're on Dantooine - You "accidentally" grazed the marker of the last turn, causing the two racers behind you to get momentarily lost. -5 points for two racers behind you.
2%
That looks like it hurt - Your reckless driving had you putting your pod a bit too close to another, slowing you a bit, but really messing up the pod in front of you. -3 Points for you, -10 points for the racer in front of you.
2%
Turkey Shoot - Turns out that throwing frozen peas out of your pod while moving 10 times faster than the speed of sound is quite effective, though not very tasty. -1 Point for 5 riders directly behind you.
1%
Take a spin on the Tilt-a-Whirl - In a piece of crazy luck, you spin out, but somehow end up on the other side of the turn, facing the right direction. +5 points.
1%
Red Shell - You launch your one and only hidden missile to take down the podracer in front of you. Switch points with the podracer directly ahead of you.
2%
Banana Peel - You drop a banana peel behind you, causing the podracer directly behind you to spin out and lose 5 points.
2%
Double Dash - You activate your illegally installed auto pilot, allowing the computer to calculate a faster route through the caves while you toss hand grenades behind you. + 8 points for you, -8 points for the podracer directly behind you.
2%
Tanooki Suit - You activate your holographic camo disguising your podracer as a really fast moving Bantha, confusing your opponents. You gain +7 points.
2%
Drafting - You slip in the draft left by the opponent ahead of you allowing you to gain momentum. +10 points.
1%
Super Pursuit Mode - You hit your turbo on the straight away. Gain +15 points
2%
New Sparkplugs - Your new sparkplugs make your engines more efficient. +3 points.
Tailwind - a gust of wind over the sands of Tatooine boost your pod forward. +6 points
1%
Slipstream - You lower your head to reduce wind drag. +1 point
0%
Those were some bad tacos - You fart. The noxious fumes left in your wake causes havoc for the three racers behind you. -5 points to the first racer behind you, -3 for the next, and -1 for the next.
3%
Blinding Light - Sunlight is reflected off your windscreen, hitting the rearview mirror of the podracer in front of you, temporarily blinding him. -4 points for the podracer in front of you.
1%
Immovable Rock - Tusken raiders push a boulder off a high cliff, smashing the podracer two places in front of you. The podracer two places in front of you is out of the race.
2%
Unstoppable Force - You crash through a rock that others avoid. Unharmed, you continue racing. +1 point for durability.
1%
Lightweight - Removing your podracers air conditioning system, copilot seat, and spare connecting rods and installing a carbon fiber hood lightened your overall load. +9 points.
1%
Anti-sway Bar - Installing the anti sway bar makes you feel like you're cornering on rails. +3 points.
1%
Lowering Springs - Reducing the ride height of your podracer increases its aerodynamics. +4 points.
1%
Short Throw Stick - That new stick shift you installed helps you change gears faster. +2 points.
1%
Improved Flywheel - You still don't know what it does, but Watto assured you it'll make you go faster. +1 point.
1%
New Exhaust - Your new exhaust ports may not be legal in 5 star systems, but they sure sound nice. +5 points.
Cold Air Intake - The new air channel provides cooler air for your engines to burn more efficiently. +6 points.
1%
Nitrous - You hit your nitrous oxide on the straightaway. +19 points.
1%
Racing Stickers - Makes your podracer look like it's officially sponsored when it's not. +1 point.
1%
Faster Chopper - This worthless upgrade really doesn't help unless you expect to crash a lot. +0.5 point.
1%
Energy Drink - the energy drink you drank this morning improves your reflexes. +2 points
Lucky Duck - Found a spare vial of Felix Felicis before the race. You’re the luckiest racer on the course! You take first position! Your new point total is now equal to first place + 10 points.
3%
Tuh - Mater fixed your problem before you even started. +4
1%
Retired - Indy picks his hat off of the track just in the nick of time as you zoom by. +2
1%
Dig Dug - Rock monsters have dug a tunnel that creates a sneaky shortcut. +5
1%
Pass Interference - Your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man gums up the engines of the racer in front and behind you! +5 to you, -4 to them!
2%
Morph Ball - You flip a switch and draw your engines closer to your pod, making you a less likely target. Immunity from negative points for the rest of the race.
4%
Screw Attack - You flip a switch causing your engines to spin. For the rest of the round, all negative points applied to you are instead applied back to the podracer that drew the event.
3%
Force Foresight - you anticipate a falling boulder, and dodge it. +4 points
1%
His nickname's a girl! Hey, the guy ahead of you is just a dopey-looking kid! A boost of confidence encourages you to tap your NOS injectors. +12 points
1%
So Civilized - It might be an ancient weapon from a more civilized age, but it's great at slashing other people's engines too! You put a slice into the engine of the racer next to you! -6 points the podracer behind you.
1%
Lucky Star - You run over two racers ahead of you, knocking them out of the race.
2%
Golden Mushroom - You pass through a field of golden mushrooms, boosting your engines for a long period of time. +30 points.
4%
Flux Capacitor - This illegal upgrade time warps you to the front of pack. Your new point total is now equal to first place + 10 points.
4%
I Hear Dead People - You switch off your targeting computer. Everything's fine. +7 points.
3%

Total votes : 564

Good Luck Events Poll

Postby onions » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:05 am

So, here's the good luck events poll. There are 60 choices. Only the top 42 will be used in our events video broadcast. You get 10 votes. You need to make all 10 votes before you hit the Submit button: example- if you only submit 4 now with the intention of picking another 6 later, it won't work.

Some events help you. Some events hinder others. Some events do both. And here's how the events will be handled. The racers will be lined up in order based on their points, from first place to last. First place will roll Watto's Chance Cube courtesy of Ryan, and have an event drawn. Blue sides of the cube will draw good luck events, red bad luck events. Each racer gets one roll to draw one event. As the event is drawn, all point modifications will resolve before the next event is drawn. If a podracer drops ranks, that podracer will still be affected by any point modifications but cannot roll again and will be skipped to the next podracer. In the case that racers are tied, any modifications to podracers in front or behind will not affect the podracer that is tied since they would neither be considered ahead of or behind the podracer drawing the event.

Example: My Buzz Lightyear podracer is in first place with 20 points followed by Ryan's Pink Barbie podracer in second with 15 points, and Don's Indiana Jones inspired podracer in third with 5 points. Since I'm in first, I draw first and draw an event that subtracts 10 points from my total. I immediately drop back to second place with 10 points and Ryan jumps to first with 15 points. Ryan draws an event that adds 5 points to his total and subtracts 5 from the racer directly behind him. He's still in first with 20 points. I tie for third with 5 points, but since I already drew an event, Don gets to draw an event. He draws an event that adds 20 points to his total, pushing him to first. Now the leader board has Don in first with 25, Ryan in second with 20, and I'm last with 5 points.

Poll results as usual will be hidden. Also, we will be moving this poll to the private staff forum before it ends so the results are truly hidden until race time.

Questions? Ask away.
onions
Founder
Founder

Re: Good Luck Events Poll

Postby itchybreath » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:28 am

This looks exciting. A fair chance for anybody to win.
itchybreath

Postby Pepper » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:00 am

I can't wait for this! It will be awesome!
Pepper

Postby Joedward » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:13 am

o.O

Is my general reaction to this. Should be entertaining. I feel yet more kudos are owed to you all for so much extra effort put in after the announcement of the initial competition. Cool stuff, can't wait to see how it all unfolds.

And a question for you all, because I know how much you all like questions. If racers add go-faster racing stickers to their actually podracer models, do they get an automatic +1?

;)
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby ikarus » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:20 pm

shucks, should read the instructions before voting ...
ikarus

Postby Iesous » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:48 pm

BTW, did anyone notice that the graphic on the main page says "From Bombs to Boulders"? I assume that's just an accidental left over from the April Fool's prank from a couple years ago.
Iesous

Postby mcs4616 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:08 pm

^ This year's event is sponsored by From Bombs to Boulders, and the only acceptable non-licensed themed pod would be a a Power Miners pod.
mcs4616

Postby Chief » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:18 pm

Iesous wrote:BTW, did anyone notice that the graphic on the main page says "From Bombs to Boulders"? I assume that's just an accidental left over from the April Fool's prank from a couple years ago.

Your assumption is mostly right, but you may not be aware that we have a fancy theme-chooser for the site's appearance that you can set to your liking. From Bombs to Boulders still exists!

And there are more themes on the way!
Chief

Postby Iesous » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:48 am

Yeah, I knew that you could change the themes. I was wondering, though, if you guys meant to label the contest with the Bombs to Boulders logo, or if it just got accidentally carried over. If I understand your response correctly, it was the latter. But that'd be really cool to see a power miners pod.
Iesous

Postby onions » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:20 am

Iesous wrote:Yeah, I knew that you could change the themes. I was wondering, though, if you guys meant to label the contest with the Bombs to Boulders logo, or if it just got accidentally carried over. If I understand your response correctly, it was the latter. But that'd be really cool to see a power miners pod.

um....

onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Solo » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:15 pm

Top 44* ordered by votes (* there was a five way tie for 40th place so there are two extra beyond the 42 planned):

Chuck Norris - Chuck Norris does not need a pod to race. He stands there, and the world will simply move for him. +25 points

Blue Shell - You launch your one and only hidden missile to take down the lead podracer. Lead podracer gets -20 points. If you are the lead podracer, you gain +20 points.

Flux Capacitor - This illegal upgrade time warps you to the front of pack. Your new point total is now equal to first place + 10 points.

Golden Mushroom - You pass through a field of golden mushrooms, boosting your engines for a long period of time. +30 points.

Super Mega Gungan Luck - A chance screw-up by a certain Gungan "friend" ended up boosting your power slightly, giving you a speed edge +20 points

Morph Ball - You flip a switch and draw your engines closer to your pod, making you a less likely target. Immunity from negative points for the rest of the race.

Bam! - A little bit of "incidental" contact leaves your closest opponent with a bit of a dent on his nice shiny pod racer, giving you a bit of a boost +5 points for you, -5 for racer in front of you

Those were some bad tacos - You fart. The noxious fumes left in your wake causes havoc for the three racers behind you. -5 points to the first racer behind you, -3 for the next, and -1 for the next.

Screw Attack - You flip a switch causing your engines to spin. For the rest of the round, all negative points applied to you are instead applied back to the podracer that drew the event.

I Hear Dead People - You switch off your targeting computer. Everything's fine. +7 points.

Use the Force, Luke - A moment of calm and serenity washes over you as you thread your pod around the rocks, without even slowing down +10 points

Lucky Duck - Found a spare vial of Felix Felicis before the race. You’re the luckiest racer on the course! You take first position! Your new point total is now equal to first place + 10 points.

Don't Get Cocky, Kid - You hit the edge perfectly and sneak a small shortcut no one has noticed, shaving precious time off your lap +5 points

Corkscrew - You enter a tunnel, and by thinking outside the box, do a spin around the walls, and flip in front of the racer in front of you. Switch points with the racer directly in front of you.

Double Dash - You activate your illegally installed auto pilot, allowing the computer to calculate a faster route through the caves while you toss hand grenades behind you. + 8 points for you, -8 points for the podracer directly behind you.

Pass Interference - Your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man gums up the engines of the racer in front and behind you! +5 to you, -4 to them!

Red Shell - You launch your one and only hidden missile to take down the podracer in front of you. Switch points with the podracer directly ahead of you.

This... is... SPARTA! - In a show of pure oily fury, you jump to the top of your pod, bring it along side, and kick an opponent in the face. This really doesn't effect how either pod runs, but he's so shocked by what you did that he drops off the throttle a little,
letting you slip by. +5 points

That looks like it hurt - Your reckless driving had you putting your pod a bit too close to another, slowing you a bit, but really messing up the pod in front of you. -3 Points for you, -10 points for the racer in front of you.

Immovable Rock - Tusken raiders push a boulder off a high cliff, smashing the podracer two places in front of you. The podracer two places in front of you is out of the race.

They're on Dantooine - You "accidentally" grazed the marker of the last turn, causing the two racers behind you to get momentarily lost. -5 points for two racers behind you.

Tanooki Suit - You activate your holographic camo disguising your podracer as a really fast moving Bantha, confusing your opponents. You gain +7 points.

Super Pursuit Mode - You hit your turbo on the straight away. Gain +15 points

Lucky Star - You run over two racers ahead of you, knocking them out of the race.

I Shot First - That Tusken never stood a chance, and a well placed blaster shot coming out of the corner sent him to the great sandcastle in the sky +3 points

Banana Peel - You drop a banana peel behind you, causing the podracer directly behind you to spin out and lose 5 points.

Special Jedi "Fuel" - Given you has Master Yoda fuel some boost power squeezed from is Ewok Berries +5 points

So Civilized - It might be an ancient weapon from a more civilized age, but it's great at slashing other people's engines too! You put a slice into the engine of the racer next to you! -6 points the podracer behind you.

Racing Stickers - Makes your podracer look like it's officially sponsored when it's not. +1 point.

Nitrous - You hit your nitrous oxide on the straightaway. +19 points.

Blinding Light - Sunlight is reflected off your windscreen, hitting the rearview mirror of the podracer in front of you, temporarily blinding him. -4 points for the podracer in front of you.

Turkey Shoot - Turns out that throwing frozen peas out of your pod while moving 10 times faster than the speed of sound is quite effective, though not very tasty. -1 Point for 5 riders directly behind you.

That's not flying, it's falling with style! - Your careful piloting leads your pod off the ridge and gives you a boost when it hits on the other side +5 points

Lightweight - Removing your podracers air conditioning system, copilot seat, and spare connecting rods and installing a carbon fiber hood lightened your overall load. +9 points.

Dig Dug - Rock monsters have dug a tunnel that creates a sneaky shortcut. +5

Tailwind - a gust of wind over the sands of Tatooine boost your pod forward. +6 points

Drafting - You slip in the draft left by the opponent ahead of you allowing you to gain momentum. +10 points.

Bonus Life! - Your pre-flight meal had a nice green mushroom included, giving you an extra edge in avoiding the first wreck on the track. +1 points

Boba Fett? Boba Fett! - Through a series of comical mishaps, another racer attempts to kick gravel into your engines, but instead of slowing you down, it gives a bit of punch and lets you gain some much needed time. +3 points

Tuh - Mater fixed your problem before you even started. +4

Take a spin on the Tilt-a-Whirl - In a piece of crazy luck, you spin out, but somehow end up on the other side of the turn, facing the right direction. +5 points.

I know a few maneuvers, kid - Your deft piloting, and it's more than just listing lazily to the right, let you weave through the pack with ease. +2 points

His nickname's a girl! Hey, the guy ahead of you is just a dopey-looking kid! A boost of confidence encourages you to tap your NOS injectors. +12 points

Force Foresight - you anticipate a falling boulder, and dodge it. +4 points
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Chief » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:55 pm

I lub you forever
Chief

Return to Contests & Community Builds