Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

FBTB Draft Numero Dos: Tonight's Game Plan

Discussion about front-page features and commentary from FBTB.net. Only forum staff can start topics here, but anyone can reply!

FBTB Draft Numero Dos: Tonight's Game Plan

Postby Staff » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:55 am

Tonight is the second official FBTB Parts Draft! The first draft set the bar extremely high, but we're expecting this one to run even faster and smoother!
Draftmasta Ry

Whether you are one of the 10 draft participants or just want to spectate tonight, everyone needs to know the game plan:

Some of this info is going to repeat what was posted previously, but it's important stuff and I'll try to be more concise.

What we're drafting: From the Prince of Persia line: ten 7572 Quest Against Time sets.
When: 7-9pm PST Sunday March 6th, 2011
Where: In real life? My Legoratory. Online? In the FBTB IRC chat.
Who: FBTB members Darth Mitz, MrCRSKater, Impending Doom, JD4M, Mr.Anderson, Bubblyhai, Dr. Cart, Doodlebird, SwooshFactor, and myself. A couple participants will be drafting by proxy list.

To Spectators:
-Spectators will be allowed into the special draft room on IRC, but will not have the ability to post messages while the draft is in progress. Only the organizers and the draft participants will be able to talk, to avoid clutter during the activity. A moderator will field questions that can be answered in the chat between parts choices.

To Participants:
-All participants must be present in the IRC chat at the designated draft time (7 pm PST.)
-The order will be determined by a random drawing of names by me, the draft organizer.
-All participants MUST have an inventory in front of them during the draft. Participants need to cross off items after each person's turn.
-Once the order is decided, the first participant will select a pile of parts, then the second participant chooses, then the third, and so on, until we get to the end of the list. Then we work our way back up the list from bottom to top. Then top to bottom. Continue serpentine until all parts are gone.
-There are 130 lots of pieces, minifigs, and animals. Everyone will have 13 choices.
-No whining. I've tried to make this as fair as possible. If you don't get a part you want, find another part you like.

Draft 3 will be scheduled soon!
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2011/03/06/fbtb-draft-numero-dos-tonights-game-plan/
Staff

Re: FBTB Draft Numero Dos: Tonight's Game Plan

Postby buriedbybricks » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:12 am

Already thinking about Draft 3, eh? You are a sucker for punishment Chief.
Can't wait, hope you manage to get a sweet set again!
buriedbybricks

Postby spiderspaceman » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:19 am

And speaking of draft 3, I join this board so I can hopefully stop missing out :p
spiderspaceman

Postby Chief » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:28 pm

Draft 3 sets were actually purchased by Ace before Draft 2's sets.
I offered the draft 2 sets to Europeans initially because they were 75% off, and I know how bad the prices in Europe are. The draft 3 sets are 50% off.
Chief

Postby doodlebird » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:23 pm

I've got ants in my pants already. I'm not a chat regular, so I'm a little nervous about technology failing me, but I am ready to go with my sortable list of the 130 lots. hoping for a smooth draft. I've only done this sort of thing with fantasy football. do we have a time limit per pick?

and a big fat edit: THANKS to all y'all for putting this together.
doodlebird

Return to Community Features