Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

A Quick Note About Confidential Images

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

A Quick Note About Confidential Images

Postby Staff » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:37 am

The LEGO Group recently released an open letter regarding leaked images and trade magazine scans that reveal future products. You can read all the details in this PDF. We will continue to honor their request by removing  such images from our forum as this has always been part of our "Respect the Brick" Policy - even after relaxing our approach when we revamped the site two years ago.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2011/01/27/a-quick-note-about-confidential-images/
Staff

Re: A Quick Note About Confidential Images

Postby mikado » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:25 pm

perhaps they should figure a way to figure out whos leaking the pics and never give them any more pre-release info or start lawyering the places who put up the pics like lucas does
mikado

Postby Jango138 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:21 pm

Maybe Lego should get over themselves - They are the #1 Toy - Growing at an unbelievable rate (even in this world economy). These "leaks" have certainly done nothing to hurt them. I have always found it fun, squinting with my kids - trying to see images on boxes in the background of videos (winter Hoth battle packs). Then again - even the "Confidential document" warning could all be part of their plan (making it even more fun).
Jango138

Postby bigospedros » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:43 am

Jango138 wrote:Maybe Lego should get over themselves - They are the #1 Toy - Growing at an unbelievable rate (even in this world economy). These "leaks" have certainly done nothing to hurt them. I have always found it fun, squinting with my kids - trying to see images on boxes in the background of videos (winter Hoth battle packs). Then again - even the "Confidential document" warning could all be part of their plan (making it even more fun).

I am the polar opposite of this. I cannot stand looking at rubbish, blurry and obscured pictures. I'm happy to wait for real ones.

Also, you have absolutely no evidence to back up the leaks not hurting them. These pictures are intellectual capital and should be treated as such. If marked confidential, no-one should be sharing them.

I truely hope Lego work out a way of tracking the leaks and take actions to stop them.
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby masterX244 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:47 am

PSST in the german customers catalogue on the bottom pf p78 are three confidentials.
masterX244

Postby theJudeAbides » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:11 am

We can't post these pictures, yet it's OK for onions to do so with all those pictures he's taking at Toy Fair. Now, I doubt he's the only one taking pictures there, so I'm not really putting the blame on him.

It just seems hypocritical when they allow people to take pictures of so-called "confidential" sets which they know darn-well are going to get put on the internet and then have the audacity and come out and say "don't post confidential pictures." You need to choose, LEGO. Either you don't want this stuff out and you keep it tightly under wraps (i.e. nowhere near a camera-fest like Toy Fare), or you do and you cut the bantha poodoo PDFs.
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Postby Solo » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:05 am

So you're saying when given express consent to contradict the previous request by encouraging photos and videos at an exhibition, the prior request should still take precedence? Are you serious? This isn't even remotely a grey area in my eyes but that's just an opinion. By all means though, if you disagree, the person to contact is [email protected] (as stated in the PDF linked above). Maybe I'm absolutely wrong about all the Toy Fair coverage with pictures of so-called "confidential" sets. If they start sending take down notices... then yeah, that would indeed be hypocritical and I'll be outraged right there with you. But until they make an issue out of it this is just a baseless rant about a non existent problem. I will admit that I got a good laugh about the watermarked boxes and made the same complaint in jest, but again - it's pretty obvious to me that voluntarily displaying them for the public to see is entirely different than someone posting shots from a trade catalog.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Return to General LEGO Discussions