Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[NEW STUFF] - Adventurers: Pharao's Quest

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

Re: [NEW STUFF] - Adventurers: Pharao's Quest

Postby Jedd the Jedi » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:51 am

I'm sorry for making a new thread when this one already exists! Thank you, Draykov.

GIR, I'm not very sure what else to call them. They're not "robots" in the strictest sense of the term, but the way they're constructed certainly seems a tad "Exo-Force" or even Ogel's drones from "Alpha Team". There are the joints and the hinges, and they certain lack an organic feel. Even then, what are they supposed to be? Spirits come alive? Monsters to protect the tombs? I'm just calling them robots now.
Jedd the Jedi

Postby Draykov » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:17 am

Jedd the Jedi wrote:I'm just calling them robots now.

Hee hee. Your curmudgeonly resistance to making sense makes me think you look like Wilford Brimley and you're pronouncing it "ro-butts." (I keed, I keed) ;)

Jedd the Jedi wrote:Monsters to protect the tombs?

That was my take on it.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby GIR3691 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:24 am

Jedd the Jedi wrote:I'm sorry for making a new thread when this one already exists! Thank you, Draykov.

GIR, I'm not very sure what else to call them. They're not "robots" in the strictest sense of the term, but the way they're constructed certainly seems a tad "Exo-Force" or even Ogel's drones from "Alpha Team". There are the joints and the hinges, and they certain lack an organic feel. Even then, what are they supposed to be? Spirits come alive? Monsters to protect the tombs? I'm just calling them robots now.

They're brick-built monsters, more than anything else. I can see where you get the "robot" from the similarity to Exo-Force construction, but I don't think it's that much of a stretch to have some big monsters.

I guess NinjaGo makes everything else look normal by comparison.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Jedd the Jedi » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:32 am

Hey everyone, thanks for replying and helping me along with the lofty quest to grasp this concept! I wholeheartedly agree about "Ninjago making everything else look normal by comparison". I sincerely hope that in ten years, LEGO doesn't role out lines of psychedelic abstract art sets or something. The big monsters idea sounds good, but the sets that still look the best to me are those with those great old-fashioned vehicles.
Jedd the Jedi

Previous

Return to Original Themes