Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

The Walking Dead on AMC

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

The Walking Dead on AMC

Postby HoboBob1138 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:00 pm

So, anybody been watching this so far? Granted we're only 2 episodes in, but what do you guys think about it? It looks great so far. XD
No matter the distance, no matter how far
HoboBob1138

Re: The Walking Dead on AMC

Postby Chief » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:14 pm

Waiting impatiently for tonight's episode. They had me with the first scene last week. What a brutal, gripping drama.
Chief

Postby HoboBob1138 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:17 pm

Man, I was on the edge of my seat last week, this week is no different.
HoboBob1138

Postby The Brain » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:44 pm

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE it. I could go on and on about what I like, but I think that sums it up nicely. I mean, it's a well-done, super-gory zombie drama on TV--what's not to like?
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby Robzula » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:00 pm

The Brain wrote:what's not to like?

That the zombie craze is still going on.

Don't get me wrong, this may very well be a great show (haven't seen it yet myself), and being about zombies doesn't make it any less good, I'm just tired of the over-saturation of zombie material.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby Chief » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:16 am

Episode 2 actually made me queasy. Holy CRAP was that disgusting.
Chief

Postby Solo » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:45 am

Yes indeedy. This, so far, is excellent. They're not worried about crossing lines and I can't wait to see where they take this.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Draykov » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:59 am

Haven't seen the 2nd episode yet, but the first one was pretty good. The only part I had a real problem with was when Rick woke up in the quasi-abandoned hospital. 28 Days Later called...they want they're opening back. And not to be nit-picky, but when Morgan goes out of his way to lament the use of a gun for fear of drawing the attention of zombies one day, then starts playing target practice the next...well, I realize he's not all there given the circumstances, but that's kind of a quick turn-around to abandon all logic and reason.

That said, it was a pretty well written show (I've seen a lot worse, including some of the more recent Romero stuff) and the production value is definitely on the high side. I've DVR'd the 2nd episode. Looking forward to it.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Chief » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:14 am

Draykov wrote:The only part I had a real problem with was when Rick woke up in the quasi-abandoned hospital. 28 Days Later called...they want they're opening back.

The Walking Dead comic book called, it wants its opening back from 28 Days Later...
Day of the Triffids called, they want their opening back from The Walking dead comics...

At some point it was an original concept, but not recently. But yeah, Walking Dead did it, 28 days followed suit, and now TWD gets to look like the copycat when they had it before 28 Days.
Chief

Postby Draykov » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:59 am

Chief wrote:...and now TWD gets to look like the copycat when they had it before 28 Days.

I thought 28 Days Later (2002) came out before the Walking Dead comic (2003), so I'm still inclined to give the edge to Alex Garland and company. Their development being so close together, it's possible that Robert Kirkman came up with the idea on his own (and possibly first), and while both stories present a set of circumstances that are not so outlandish (beyond...you know...zombies) that they could not happen independently in more than one part of the world, it was a very similar opening in what amounts to the same sub-genre, so it's easy to make an unfavorable comparison. Bottom line, it didn't ruin the show for me...it was even a well done scene...just came off as a bit unoriginal.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Jargon » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:00 am

I quite liked the first episode. I hope to catch the second when they rebroadcast it, seeing as it doesn't seem to be on hulu.
Jargon

Postby HoboBob1138 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:55 am

I've heard that if it is popular enough they'll put all the episodes on Hulu.
HoboBob1138

Postby Chief » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:21 am

Pepa quin said he was already watching it on Hulu. I can't check right now, but can someone else confirm?

Also, a second season with 13 episodes was just announced. WOOHOO!
Chief

Postby Jargon » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:32 am

The pilot is on hulu, but the description says that they won't be hosting any further episodes.
Jargon

Postby Solo » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:53 pm

Chief wrote:a second season with 13 episodes was just announced

Wow. AMC is like the Anti-FOX of programing.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Chief » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:57 pm

Can you imagine what Firefly would have been like on AMC? Holycrap.
Chief

Postby Solo » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:14 pm

Now that's a happy thought.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby vynsane » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:48 pm

Draykov wrote:I thought 28 Days Later (2002) came out before the Walking Dead comic (2003), so I'm still inclined to give the edge to Alex Garland and company. Their development being so close together, it's possible that Robert Kirkman came up with the idea on his own (and possibly first), and while both stories present a set of circumstances that are not so outlandish (beyond...you know...zombies) that they could not happen independently in more than one part of the world, it was a very similar opening in what amounts to the same sub-genre, so it's easy to make an unfavorable comparison. Bottom line, it didn't ruin the show for me...it was even a well done scene...just came off as a bit unoriginal.

Kirkman has addressed this in the letters column by saying he came up with the idea independently and never saw '28 Days Later' until after the comparisons were made.

The response has been so great, Image is going to be reprinting the series weekly next year starting with issue 1.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Brickset reviews
vynsane

Postby onions » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:48 pm

wife and i watched both the first and second episodes last night. awesome stuff. can't wait for more.
onions
Founder
Founder

Return to BCS 2.0