Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Parts Monkey Report

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

LEGO Parts Monkey Report

Postby Draykov » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:04 am

This topic was in the old forums and I guess it never got recycled, so here it comes again. This time though, I guess the format could change to be a bit more about discussion of said parts (possible uses, BURP lamentation, etc.) rather than just a listing report...mainly because I just realized that you can use the "Catalog" tab in Bricklink to filter for the current year and the "parts" item type to get a complete list in one shot (saving us a lot of pointless linking). But, since I already started this before I realized that, here are a few new ones to get things rolling:

87620 Modified Facet, 2x2

87619 Train Front Sloping Base with 4 Studs

60808 Panel 1 x 4 x 5 with Window

87613 Aircraft Fuselage Curved Forward 6 x 10 Top

87611 Aircraft Fuselage Curved Forward 6 x 10 Bottom

3068bpb353 Tile 2x2 with Classic Space Logo on Red and Blue Background Pattern
Hail Space!
Draykov

Re: LEGO Parts Monkey Report

Postby Robzula » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:01 am

Wait, what exactly is the purpose of this thread? To list the new pieces as they're made and have discussion over them?
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby Draykov » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:05 am

Well...yeah...that's a good question. The original intent was to sort of say "hey, look: new parts!" But in the midst of creating a thread for that purpose, I realized that if one wanted to know such things, they could just filter the Bricklink Catalog for parts in the most recent year.

Usually, talk about new parts comes up in the context of whatever set they appear in, so they're may not be much point to this thread now...but, if you find yourself wanting to discuss a cool new part, a unique use for a particular element, or you're trying to hunt down/identify a particular part...I guess this is a place we could discuss that sort of thing.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Robzula » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:42 pm

Don't get me wrong, I think this is a neat idea, just wanted to clear up the intent. I didn't know Bricklink had a function like that but I'm still not likely to use it since I just wouldn't think of it all that often. This forum, however, I'm on nearly every day.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby Draykov » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:12 pm

Robzula wrote:Don't get me wrong, I think this is a neat idea, just wanted to clear up the intent.

No sweat...I can understand the confusion given that the intent kind of shifted mid-post. I was particularly intrigued by the 2x2 facet element that's showed up in the two new trains and one of the Kingdoms sets. That was sort of the impetus for my resurrecting this thing.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Drock » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:19 am

Funny, I had some knock-off castle sets (but many more LEGO castle sets) in my childhood. The knock-off sets used a lot of that same part for the walls (as substitutions for this LEGO piece http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=4444). Looks LEGO is now using the same idea.
Drock

Postby Puddleglum » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:52 am

This part has some promise, wouldn't mind seeing a plate version of it, too.
Im in ur flickr
Puddleglum

Postby Chief » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:37 am

^oh man, a plate version would be rad
Chief

Postby legomatt » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:42 pm

Chief wrote:^oh man, a plate version would be rad

It's probably just me, but when I read that post I couldn't help but hear the voice of 'Dougal' from 'Father Ted' in my head. :lol:

"Oh Ted, a CUP??!! WwOoooaah, yeaah, I'd love that cup!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wuhvuC62bc

(a very poor quality clip but that's the bit...).
legomatt

Postby Gingerbeard Man » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:04 am

I knew there was a thread somewhere. I hadn't realized quite how old it was...

I started building 9495 Gold Leader's Y-Wing yesterday and was surprised to find one of two red 1x2 jumper plates has a groove. The other is a "normal" non-groove jumper plate.

Much of my 1970s/1980s childhood LEGO had regular 1x2 and 2x2 plates without groove and I have often wondered why LEGO then added the groove to regular plates but not to jumper plates. Seems they have "fixed" that now.

According to BrickLink part 3794b has been around since 2009 as an alternate, but this is the first one I've ever come across.

I myself actually prefer all plates non-groove because then you can't see the join with the brick below, but what always bothered me most was the messy look along the edge when mixing groovy regular plates and non-groove jumper plates.
Gingerbeard Man

Postby Draykov » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:45 pm

You may actually have been looking for this thread. :)
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Gingerbeard Man » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:31 am

Oops. You're right. :facepalm:
Gingerbeard Man

Postby JamesBenjamin » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:55 am

So is this the thread where we gush over new parts? I am totally excited about the new "brick textured" 1x2 brick that comes in the new police and Ninjago sets: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=98283
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Postby Draykov » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:35 am

JamesBenjamin wrote:So is this the thread where we gush over new parts?

That works. :)
Hail Space!
Draykov

Return to General LEGO Discussions