Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[UK] - Sainsbury's Half Price Toys

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

[UK] - Sainsbury's Half Price Toys

Postby Jabba the Taff » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:42 am

Just been into my (not so local) Sainsbury's and found out that a half price toy sale is starting tomorrow first thing. All toys are included so get there early. It's lasting until Tues (I think) but most of the good stuff will fly.
Jabba the Taff

Re: [UK] - Sainsbury's Half Price Toys

Postby bigospedros » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:44 am

hmm, yeah, they had this last year and there was virtually no stock online of Lego and you were therefore limited to pot luck of what was instore!

Do note that Sainsbury's usually have higher than RRP to start with, so bargains may not be as good as they seem (see their price for the Freeco Speeder, for example, at £24.99!)
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby Jabba the Taff » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:56 am

Yeah, noticed that. Luckily I have a voucher to use as well. The speeder is the only thing I want that I can get from my local. They do have mountains of Megablocks tubs though. :(
Jabba the Taff

Postby Joedward » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:27 pm

It seems this sale doesn't extend to LEGO sets sold on the website.

Was really hoping to get the Neptune Carrier for only £20, and another TaunTaun set for £10. Shame my local doesn't sell toys. :|
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby drdavewatford » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:27 am

Yep - no LEGO at half price on the website, so another big disappointment from our friends at Sainsburys. It's "selected" toys, apparently, which according to the website equates to 67 items. One day they'll have a sale that won't be a huge let-down, but not sure I'll live to see it....

I hope that you guys living near a store have more luck.
Love Lego ? Visit my blog at http://www.gimmelego.blogspot.com
drdavewatford

Postby xowainx » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:00 am

Saw this on my way to work today, so got off the bus early to investigate. My local superstore in Cardiff didn't have any of the larger Star Wars sets, but did have the Freeco Speeder, Luke's Landspeeder (one left at 8:50am), Assassin Droid Battle Pack and the two Hoth battle packs. It also had space on the shelf for Plo Koon's Starfighter, but they didn't have any out. I asked and they said they probably had some out back, but due to them having so much in and it not being well organised, they couldn't really go and look for it.. I picked up the Freeco and Assassin Droid pack as I had neither and might pop in on my way home tomorrow just in case they've got some of Plo Koon's out on the shelf, as it's not really out my way.

For other themes they had most of the smaller sets.. there was nothing out with an RRP higher than £25 as far as I could see, and most of it was a lot less (e.g for Toy Story they had Lotso's Dump Truck and Woody and Buzz to the Rescue).
xowainx

Return to Finds/Deals