Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Where in the world is Carmen Steviego?

A Member of LEGO Company's staff drops in here from time to time to answer questions from LEGO fans like you.

Re: Where in the world is Carmen Steviego?

Postby The Brain » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:39 pm

THEN YOU ALL ARE ME.

Therefore, your argument is invalid. ;)
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:27 pm
Location: Trapped inside a skull, yearning to be free!

Re: Where in the world is Carmen Steviego?

Postby Jabba the Taff » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:02 am

I'm Spartacus.
Jabba the Taff
 
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:10 pm

Re: Where in the world is Carmen Steviego?

Postby Drock » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:54 am

The Brain wrote:THEN YOU ALL ARE ME.

Therefore, your argument is invalid. ;)

Shouldn't that be "THEN YOU ALL ARE I"?
Since "I" is replacing the subject "you all," you should use the subject pronoun, not the object pronoun.
Drock
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:16 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Where in the world is Carmen Steviego?

Postby Solo » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:52 pm

Let it go dude.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:53 am
Location: right here

Re: Where in the world is Carmen Steviego?

Postby Drock » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:20 pm

Sorry, just sarcastic smart-aleckness. I didn't mean anything by it.
Drock
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:16 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Where in the world is Carmen Steviego?

Postby Draykov » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:01 pm

Happy Birthday, Steve!
Hail Space!
Image
Draykov
 
Posts: 1777
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:14 pm
Location: Lone Star

Re: Where in the world is Carmen Steviego?

Postby The Brain » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:04 pm

Yes...of course. That was totally a sarcastic winking smiley. Couldn't you tell?

;)

I blame my English teachers for never distinguishing between important rules for object and subject pronouns. And I blame my Spanish teachers in high school for never reinforcing simple grammar concepts that translate to English as well. :lol:
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:27 pm
Location: Trapped inside a skull, yearning to be free!

Re: Where in the world is Carmen Steviego?

Postby Robzula » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:45 pm

Drock wrote:Sorry, just sarcastic smart-aleckness. I didn't mean anything by it.

I think Solo was talking to everyone else who was about to post a counter-argument.
Robzula
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 737
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:41 pm
Location: North Dakota

Re: Where in the world is Carmen Steviego?

Postby deco_droid » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:07 pm

so does this mean the "ask lego" part of the forum should be shut down, since steve-o doesn't seem to have time to (not) answer our questions anymore?

why tease the kiddies, huh? :'(
deco_droid
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:46 am
Location: Fort Worth, TX

Re: Where in the world is Carmen Steviego?

Postby Solo » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:41 am

There was never any guarantee built in to this forum that Steve or any other Lego rep would answer, but most of the questions asked can be answered by the staff or long term FOLs so it's still beneficial even if he's busy. If activity completely died and it wasn't useful then we'd shut it down, but I don't see that happening.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:53 am
Location: right here

Re: Where in the world is Carmen Steviego?

Postby Daz Hoo » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:43 am

Here's the probable explanation for Steve's absence as of late:

On his Facebook page, Steve Witt wrote:As of today I'm no longer working at the LEGO Group. It was fun working with everyone and I wish you all well. Since this now gets to be my personal account I'm going to remove a bunch of people who may be on it for purely business reasons. If you notice you've been removed and wish to friend me again I'm good with that.
Daz Hoo
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:56 am
Location: Laval, Québec, Canada

Re: Where in the world is Carmen Steviego?

Postby Bricks McBlock » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:27 pm

Robzula wrote:
Draykov wrote:around these parts

onions wrote:around these parts

Why did no one tell me it was cowboy theme day? Yeehaw!


Maybe its because this is a lego forum :D
We came here to Block!
Bricks McBlock
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:30 pm
Location: Blockington, North Brickopolis

Previous

Return to Ask LEGO

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests