Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

If you don't have anything nice to say...

We are always interested in improving our community. Got an idea? Let us hear it!

If you don't have anything nice to say...

Postby sadowsk1 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:56 am

I enjoy this website very much. It shares lots of lego news and deals and I frequent it very often. It seems like on some threads people get a little over the top on cracking down on other peoples mistakes in their posts for wording or talking down about what other people have to say. That being said, I am not a wuss or crybaby, but what happened to people and if they don't have anything nice to say, they shouldn't say anything at all?
sadowsk1

Re: If you don't have anything nice to say...

Postby Solo » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:24 am

I'm somewhat in agreement here. Helpful pointers are one thing, but the rudeness that slips in from time to time isn't needed. We do warn members when we feel it goes too far but it would be better if people could tone it down to begin with.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Robzula » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:51 pm

Nope, you guys are idiots, now shut up.

Oh wait, I mean:

Yeah, I like it to be civil around here, but honestly I haven't noticed an increasing trend in rudeness or even a frequent occurrence of it. Maybe I'm just not sensitive enough....
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby that guy » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:36 pm

I agree, I like to think of it in the following terms...

Honest Criticism - Check
Occasional snarkiness - Check
Quick witted humor - Check
Shameless bludgeoning of poor guys who post things that sadly are of no interest to anyone else and/or cotnain incorrrrect fax, spleeling, or infrumationn - Not cool ;)
that guy

Postby Isaac5 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:47 pm

that guy wrote:Spleeling
hey! you misspelled spelling! You're a moron!
Isaac5

Postby Draykov » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:49 am

sadowsk1, if you feel there is a particularly egregious example of this going on that the staff may have overlooked, just PM one of us. If it was one of us, then PM Ace/Onions. If it was Ace/Onions, then you're SOL. ;)
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby sadowsk1 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:35 pm

I guess I am SOL. There are plenty of better websites that share news on a friendly level. I quit.
sadowsk1

Postby MisterFubar » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:38 pm

I sense much fear in you.
MisterFubar

Postby The Brain » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:48 pm

Eek.

You have to understand that many of us around here are sarcastic or witty by nature; Draykov's above post is a great example of what we consider a witty post, but he had a sincere message behind it. You must realize that even in the biggest flame wars that have occurred on this site, sarcasm and what appear to be personal attacks--sometimes bordering on hate--aren't meant to be direct personally at someone. The internet is a funny thing. It seems to me that sarcasm is almost a form of currency on the internet--you use it to buy respect from other witty browsers; if you have too much and use it too freely, people are disparaging or look at you with contempt; if you're unable to use it wisely, you have little hope of prospering.

This is not in any way meant to condone baseless and offensive posts, but sarcasm is something that we've all just gotta live with. It would be hypocritical of me to say I don't like it--I'm probably one of the biggest abusers. Yet, to me, that's one of the great draws of sites like this: a close-knit community of people who can poke fun at each other without really aggravating feelings, and also have self-deprecating tendencies. To express a complaint and then shun the assistance you've received, while simultaneously bashing the site is frankly rude--and in this case, quite hypocritical.
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby onions » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:15 pm

this guy, sadowski, wow. what a way to go. i'm half tempted to post his final last words before he got banned. gave me a good laugh though. still don't know what set him off but eh.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby that guy » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:20 pm

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.
that guy

Postby meeotch » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:33 pm

onions wrote:i'm half tempted to post his final last words before he got banned.

DO IT!!!
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby Robzula » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:36 pm

Draykov wrote:sadowsk1, if you feel there is a particularly egregious example of this going on that the staff may have overlooked, just PM one of us. If it was one of us, then PM Ace/Onions. If it was Ace/Onions, then you're SOL. ;)

You could also talk to the offender. Say "Hey, you hurt my feelings here" and try to work it out before running off to tell on them.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby Draykov » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:35 am

onions wrote:this guy, sadowski, wow.

I never realized he posted in here again before the hammer came down. Oh, well. While I agree that everybody should play nice, I think we were dealing with a particularly sensitive little lad there.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby bidoofdude » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:43 pm

this is a little off topic but, on the ask lego forum, I posted a topic called samukai character card.I guess i didn't explain that well but i was trying to say: in the first wave of spinjitzu spinner sets, did they plan to make a samukai but decided it wouldn't work.I guess he took it as are they making one in the future. I think he was a little quick to judge. I kinda took it as if he was being mean. Im not being mean or anything, just maybe he could have asked me to explain a little more. But he is a nice guy, so yeah, we're cool. You know whats weird, i am talking about saying something mean, well not really mean. He had to kind of punish me because i didn't explain a lot.
For all you people out there that think us Aussies are primitive and have Kangaroos in our backyard, think again. Australia uses the most electricity in the world.We live in cities and not huts and you Yanks have weird accents.
bidoofdude

Postby fallenangel327 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:00 am

bidoofdude wrote:this is a little off topic but, on the ask lego forum, I posted a topic called samukai character card.I guess i didn't explain that well but i was trying to say: in the first wave of spinjitzu spinner sets, did they plan to make a samukai but decided it wouldn't work.I guess he took it as are they making one in the future. I think he was a little quick to judge. I kinda took it as if he was being mean. Im not being mean or anything, just maybe he could have asked me to explain a little more. But he is a nice guy, so yeah, we're cool. You know whats weird, i am talking about saying something mean, well not really mean. He had to kind of punish me because i didn't explain a lot.

Who?!

And capitalize your 'I's already. Textspeak will only make you look uneducated and moronic.
fallenangel327

Return to Suggestions