Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[USA] Harry Potter Sets Hitting Stores Now!

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

[USA] Harry Potter Sets Hitting Stores Now!

Postby Staff » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:41 pm

The newly-revived Harry Potter sets are reportedly appearing on shelves just about everywhere. turtle1173 found them at Walmart, that guy found them at K-mart, and condor found a set at Target. I saw them at Toys R Us today (with markups, of course), so it's safe to say they're probably in your area. They're already on LEGO S@H and most likely in LEGO stores as well. Here's the set list (and LEGO S@H prices for reference):

4736 Freeing Dobby- $10.99
4737 Quidditch Match- $19.99
4738 Hagrid's Hut- $39.99
4840 The Burrow- $59.99
4841 Hogwarts Express-$79.99
4842 Hogwarts Castle- $129.99

And don't forget Double LEGO VIP double points all this month.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2010/10/01/usa-harry-potter-sets-hitting-stores-now/
Staff
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:19 pm

Re: [USA] Harry Potter Sets Hitting Stores Now!

Postby WillyWampa » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:06 am

I spotted a couple of the Harry Pogtter sets at the Walmart in Hanover, ON Canada. They had the Hogwart's Express for $109.99, the Burrow for $79.99 and Hagrid's hut for $54.99. These were on an end shelf and not with other Lego they have in store.
WillyWampa
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:10 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: [USA] Harry Potter Sets Hitting Stores Now!

Postby DarthMC » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:49 pm

They are at Borders now also. ALL of them! Looks like since it is book related they are carrying the entire line (with new markup). The castle was 149.99 but with the %33 off coupon and the %10 off borders membership discount it came to $90.44. If you are going to get a few sets the membership is not bad. It is $20 but you get $5 back right away and it brings the normal %33 off coupons to %43 off but when they have a %40 off coupon it is great.

DarthMC
DarthMC
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:20 pm

Re: [USA] Harry Potter Sets Hitting Stores Now!

Postby sidersdd » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:44 pm

DarthMC wrote:They are at Borders now also. ALL of them! Looks like since it is book related they are carrying the entire line (with new markup). The castle was 149.99 but with the %33 off coupon and the %10 off borders membership discount it came to $90.44. If you are going to get a few sets the membership is not bad. It is $20 but you get $5 back right away and it brings the normal %33 off coupons to %43 off but when they have a %40 off coupon it is great.

DarthMC


Excellent. Do you have a list of prices for the other sets?
sidersdd
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:52 pm
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Re: [USA] Harry Potter Sets Hitting Stores Now!

Postby DarthMC » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:17 pm

The train was $94.99 just like the Slave 1 and I think the others are the same markup as the other Star Wars sets they carry. The staff at my local store are very nice and will go to the back and tell you what is in stock if you call.

DarthMC
DarthMC
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:20 pm

Re: [USA] Harry Potter Sets Hitting Stores Now!

Postby Morgan19 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:26 am

I realize Borders is probably making plenty of money from unsuspecting parents or people with coupons that don't mind it actually only being like 10% off, but if they lowered their prices back to normal and kept coupons, I'd probably be spending more there because of the increased range of LEGO products. Raising the prices so much completely negates my desire to shop there for LEGO.

m19
Image
Morgan19
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:58 am
Location: Delaware

Re: [USA] Harry Potter Sets Hitting Stores Now!

Postby DarthMC » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:39 pm

I don't think they had much choice in raising the prices. Since they started issuing %33 and %40 coupons on a regular basis, (two %40 off ones within the last seven days) they would lose too much money if the sets were MSRP. Hogwarts express would only be $48 with this coupon which would mean they would put a LEGO exclusion on the coupon. With the coupon it was $57.00 which is close to %30 off. And of course that is on all the sets, not just the ones that are not selling well What I do not understand is the %100 markup on the series 2 minifigs. Last time I was at Borders there was an entire box full sitting there. The salesperson said they only sold 3 since they put it out (I wonder which 3 are missing?)

DarthMC
DarthMC
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:20 pm

Re: [USA] Harry Potter Sets Hitting Stores Now!

Postby Morgan19 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:28 pm

DarthMC wrote:Since they started issuing %33 and %40 coupons on a regular basis, (two %40 off ones within the last seven days) they would lose too much money if the sets were MSRP.


But that was my point, actually. If they kept prices MSRP, I'd be buying more LEGO from them and actually spending more because of the perceived greater value. Since they've instead raised prices, I don't buy LEGO from them. Raising the prices, for me, has lost my business completely, not gained them more money. So the tactic backfired, in my case.

Just my perspective.

m19
Image
Morgan19
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:58 am
Location: Delaware

Re: [USA] Harry Potter Sets Hitting Stores Now!

Postby silverspyder » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:05 pm

Morgan19 wrote:
DarthMC wrote:Since they started issuing %33 and %40 coupons on a regular basis, (two %40 off ones within the last seven days) they would lose too much money if the sets were MSRP.


But that was my point, actually. If they kept prices MSRP, I'd be buying more LEGO from them and actually spending more because of the perceived greater value. Since they've instead raised prices, I don't buy LEGO from them. Raising the prices, for me, has lost my business completely, not gained them more money. So the tactic backfired, in my case.

Just my perspective.

m19


But they don't want people who are only going to shop there with the 40% off coupons. They would lose money on every single purchase you would make. They want the average person to come in and buy 1 item with the coupon and some more items at full price.
silverspyder
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:31 pm

Re: [USA] Harry Potter Sets Hitting Stores Now!

Postby onions » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:55 pm

that's what they want, sure, no one's arguing that point. but it goes against what, in this case, Morgan19 wants, which is MSRP + 40% off coupon. Which is pretty much what everyone would want I would imagine. I, myself, once I noticed the markup, I pretty much stopped making an effort to go. But someone recently did the math, and even with the markup, the coupon will still net a pretty good savings on some of the higher priced sets.
onions
Founder
Founder
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:45 pm


Return to Finds/Deals

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests