After having finally secured a set of the 2010 San Diego Comic Con and Star Wars Celebration V CubeDude sets, FBTB is finally ready to announce it's next building contest: CubeDude Vigs! And guess what: you're not just limited to a Star Wars-themed vig. You can build a vig from ANY licensed LEGO line, past and present.
- Build a vignette featuring 2-4 CubeDudes in a 16x16 stud area.
- This is a multi-CubeDude populated vignette building challenge. Meaning, you must have at least 2 CubeDudes and no more than 4 in your vignette.
- Your vignette must be contained within a 16x16 stud footprint with no overhang.
- Your vignette can be from any licensed LEGO theme including Power Miners. Non-licensed, non-Power Miners themes will not be accepted.
- While there is no de facto standard on CubeDude construction, there are some commonly followed dimensions. Height is about 8-9 bricks tall. Feet/legs are generally 4 plates until they connect to hips. CubeDudes are 50% head and 50% body.
- If you need inspiration on construction there are several resources available on flickr. Angus MacLane, the father of the CubeDude movement, has a flickr set with every CubeDude he's ever made. There is also the CubeDude flickr group. You can also do a general search for the term "CubeDude".
- One entry per person
- Submit 1 picture as a reply to this thread. You may link to your flickr stream for more photos.
- Add your photo to the FBTB: flickr Outpost photo pool with the tag "CubeDude Vig". You may submit as many pictures as you wish to the pool.
- Real models using genuine LEGO elements accepted. Clone brand elements and computer renderings will not be accepted.
- No graphical enhancements allowed on the submission image.
- If your CubeDude design borrows heavily from another person's model, do the right thing and credit the source.
- Contest is open to registered members of the forum.
- Entries will be accepted between October 1, 2010 through 11:59pm PDT October 31, 2010
- Voting will occur in a single phase. The entry with the most votes will be declared the winner.
- This is a winner-takes-all contest. He/she will walk away with both the 2010 San Diego Comic Con LEGO CubeDude set and the Star Wars Celebration V CubeDude set.