Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

MOC Madness 2010 Winners

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

MOC Madness 2010 Winners

Postby Staff » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:19 am

MOC Madness Winners

Out of a field of 89 entries, the battle for 1st place came down to two: Rook vs. Cole Blaq. This promised to be a battle of epic proportions. Yadda yadda yadda alright, enough of that. Let's get on to the winners.

In 3rd place, roguebantha's Mercury Tunh and the Century Sparrow:

Mercury Tunh Century Sparrow

In 2nd place, Rook's Hunt Monster and the Ark of Darkness

H-Monster Ark of Darkness

And finally, besting 88 other competitors, Cole Blaq is crowned the MOC Madness 2010 Tournament Champion. His entry: Seraph Daoon and the Stardust:

Seraph Daoon Stardust

Congratulations to all and to all a good fight!
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2010/09/28/moc-madness-2010-winners/
Staff

Re: MOC Madness 2010 Winners

Postby onions » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:20 am

Cole Blaq, rook, roguebantha: send me a PM with your mailing address.

congrats!
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Blackicep8ntball » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:35 am

Wow congrats to all three of you. Enjoy the spoils! Also, congrats to onions and the FBTB crew on throwing an amazing contest!
Blackicep8ntball

Postby Blackninjatom » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:22 am

Well fought everyone.
While it hurts to be so painfully close to bronze, I can't complain when I wasn't sure I would make it to the sweet 16 and final 4. I had a great time, and congrats to the winners. :cool:
Blackninjatom

Postby Rook » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:44 am

Well one thing is for sure is, those 3 ships look GOOD! :D

Congrats to Cole and Bantha.
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Postby CommanderKeller » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:24 am

wow great contest everyone! Wish I could have done an entry...maybe next time! Congrats on those sexy ships!
A wise old man once told me, "Remember kid, there are heroes and there are legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid and you will never go wrong". Cookies for the reference.
CommanderKeller

Postby Jabba the Taff » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:48 am

Congrats to everyone, but especially the three of you medal winners. I had a lot fun building my entry, so many thanks to you organisers. Cheers!
Jabba the Taff

Postby Cole Blaq » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:41 pm

Congrats R.O.O.K., yours was surely a tough ship and I wasn't sure about the outcome!
Rogue, the first time I saw your ship I was thinking a winner. Congrats!

Ahem, yer, err, WOW, I feel overwhelmed.
I was hoping but not expecting and wasn't sure at every round if the Stardust will proceed. And now there I am and it is over... My humble thanks to all who voted for the Stardust!
Furthermore congrats to all of you who participated. Without you this madness would have never taken place so grande.

Now this was a magnificent contest with many fantastic and competitive entries. Speaking for myself, but I think this can be applied to others too, this contest made me push my boundaries and that is a biggest achievement for one's own creative development. I am most thankful for that challenging myself.
The contest really grabbed me and I was keen on all the proceedings of each round. So much blood and sweat. Some entries proceeded further than I would have expected while others got outvoted earlier than I would have thought. This made the whole contest really really interesting.
Big up to Ace, Solo and the whole FBTB crew for setting up this contest, by far the most professional and intense contest I have witnessed. The efforts paid off big time!

(PS. Excuse my poor grammar, I hope you get what I want to say)
My sites on Flickr and Brickshelf
Cole Blaq
2010 Maddest MOC

Postby Rook » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:12 pm

Yeah ditto. I foresee this style of voting taking over on other forums as well. It added an intensity to the contest that I had never seen before. Of course that may have been just because each round I was still in it! :lol:
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Postby ted @ndes » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:22 pm

Congratulations again to all the winners. You were all among my early favorites, and I can see I wasn't alone. Well deserved.

Congrats to everyone else who entered too, as it really made for an exciting tournament. It was great to see all the creativity and points-of-view represented in this contest. I enjoyed seeing all of the different designs, and many that would never have crossed my mind to build.

The voting format definitely contributed to the excitement of this contest too. It really kept the community engaged, since we ALL were the judges who voted (and not like in other contests, where you just wait "patiently" for weeks to hear back). I mean, it has been 4 weeks from when the submissions deadline ended, but it sure doesn't feel like we've been waiting all that long... well, perhaps the only tweak I'd suggest might be a two-day vote window instead of three, but I can't argue with the results. Congrats again to the FBTB team for creating and hosting a great tournament!

Now, as the credits roll, let's salute all the victors with a little "Eye of the Tiger"... XD
ted @ndes
Alpha Male

Postby ka.lego » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:38 pm

Congratulations to a great top 3! All three are amazing models that have given me some great ideas for my own projects. And thanks to the contest organizers. This really was a great contest, mainly because of the fun theme that allowed for such a high level of variety and creativity. Can't wait for the next one.
ka.lego

Postby onions » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:57 pm

Next year's tournament i hope you all will find to be just as epic.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby roguebantha » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:58 am

Wow, what a great contest and I'm thrilled to have come third against some brilliant and interesting models.
Congratulations to Cole Blaq, rook and sorry to blackninjatom, I thought you might have had me with such an original design!
And congratulations to the organisers, I've never enjoyed the voting phase of a contest before :)
roguebantha

Postby Larry Lars » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:51 am

Congrats to the three medal winners. I like how these three has that in common that the Bounty hunter is a really good match for the ship.

Great contest.
Larry Lars

Postby Wami_Delthorn » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:13 am

Heartily agree with previous comments - thanks very much to the organisers - a fantastic competition and organised really well. It was really fun to take part in and vote and I'll just have to step up my game for next time!

And, of course, congratulations to the winning top 3 - all fantastic ships and well deserved.

Wami
http://www.flickr.com/photos/46803234@N00/
Wami_Delthorn

Postby MrAnderson » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:23 pm

Congrats to the winners...all 3 had my votes from the get-go, and given me some great ideas to step up my game. And thanks to the FBTB staff for a great contest...so awesome it inspired me to get off my butt and actually get involved online as an AFOL for the first time.

-Andy G.
MrAnderson
Blockhead

Postby Chief » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:18 pm

We've been working on the details and rules for a couple weeks now for a big contest next year. I don't know if we can top the Moc Madness tournament, but trust me, we're going to try :)

PS: congrats, winners, almost-winners, and losers for even making a moc!
Chief

Postby Draykov » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:33 am

FBTB's own Rook has a guest spot on the latest episode of the LAMLRadio podcast where he discusses the MOC Madness 2010 contest with James and Aaron.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Octopunk » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:13 pm

I'm coming in late but dang! This was a fantastic contest. Congrats to Stardust! I was pushing for you, but I really though Ark of Darkness would take it.

And a huge thanks to the FBTBers who wrangled this beast of a tournament. What a blast. And I've never built a ship that large before. Like Cole said, this contest really inspired me to push my boundaries. So thanks for that.

Is the Steam Wars contest ever coming back?
Octopunk

Postby onions » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:06 pm

Octopunk wrote:Is the Steam Wars contest ever coming back?

we've thought about it but we're not convinced that it would be as interesting as the first go around. i mean, how many ways can you build a steampunk tie fighter?

don't worry though, we have plenty of contests lined up to keep you all busy through the end of next year. november should be... uh... "interesting".
onions
Founder
Founder

Next

Return to Contests & Community Builds