Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Favorite Star Wars Quote

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: Favorite Star Wars Quote

Postby CommanderKeller » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:01 pm

I really liked Padme's line near then end of Ep III.

"So this is how liberty dies? With thunderous applause."

Just everything that is happening at the time and Palpatine's hands raised like he is a god. Makes me contemplate life every time I see that seen.
A wise old man once told me, "Remember kid, there are heroes and there are legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid and you will never go wrong". Cookies for the reference.
CommanderKeller

Postby SDIronClaw » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:16 pm

"You...dont...know....the POWER of the Dark Side....I must obey my master" Lord Darth Vader ROTJ
"I find your lack of Lego disturbing."
SDIronClaw

Postby Bricks McBlock » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:53 pm

"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am" - Darth Vader. I just thought that was a great line, because we all know, especially Captain Needa, just how forgiving Vader is.
We came here to Block!
Bricks McBlock

Postby SDIronClaw » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:44 pm

I watched this episode today, and got a kick out of this quote. Its from Clone Wars episode Downfall of a Droid, Anakin talking to R3-S6, "As for you, stubby, you'd make a poor excuse for a light switch."
"I find your lack of Lego disturbing."
SDIronClaw

Postby LazerRex » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:05 pm

Most things Yoda says are my favorite.... but all time best is the "Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try"
LazerRex

Postby bendog2008 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:13 am

"Good is a matter of opinion"
Chancellor Palpatine talking to Anakin Skywalker, Episode 3
bendog2008

Postby chikingames » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:13 pm

"Good Morning"

Han's been out in the cold with Luke all night, but he still has the ability to crack a joke like he always does :lol:
chikingames

Postby bobalego » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:35 am

"All of you are an important part of my life pal. Glad I could be here." Han Solo Star Wars Holiday Special.

;)
bobalego

Postby fallenangel327 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:15 pm

The nature of this necroed thread (as well as the more recently locked thread) worries me.

It is my most sincere hope that FBTB, already rather quiet in comparison to larger FOL sites, does not live out the remainder of its days with its only source of 'discussion' being threads like these. I've long since given up on threads like "favorite X", "best X", "Ideas for X", etc., on Internet forums - more often than not, they are not only disparagingly redundant but completely lacking in communication between members.

The fact of the matter is that when a community numbers in the thousands you can't be bothered to care what one person's favorite whatever is, or what one person's opinion of the best whatever is. At the moment FBTB has about 4800 members. How many of these 4800 members do I know well enough to be interested in what that particular person's favorite whatever is? And among those people, how many could I expect to give an interesting enough reason for their favorite whatever that I would want to respond to it?

What's more, these kinds of threads are too damned easy to participate in. Who do I see posting most in “favorite X” threads?

-People looking to fulfill a post quota
-Posters who don't really care about participating in the community and/or tend to make overly brief posts
-Immature posters who would rather spazz than participate in serious discussion
-Kids who are old enough to have a favorite something but not mature enough to provide a solid reason (or realize that the majority does not care what that kid's favorite something is)

As a result, most “favorite X” or “best X” threads tend to degenerate into spamfests where all people do is name things, at which point keeping the thread there becomes a waste of time. It's utterly pointless, really.

It is true that with any “best X” thread there always exists the potential for someone to ask such questions as, “What is best? What criteria are we using to judge what is best? Is this method of judging the correct method?”, etc, and set into motion a Pirsigian discussion concerning the trains of object and subject running along the track of Quality, or something to that effect. Do most people care to discuss such matters, and do they feel comfortable doing so on an online forum? From my experience, no.

Granted, some of the most substantial and insightful threads I've seen do concern evaluation of a particular issue (set pricing, LEGO Friends and what it means, etc.), but rarely do they focus solely on stating what is best or what everyone prefers. Other substantial threads (the sort I enjoyed participating in in the past) are often of an informative nature with select enlightened and good-mannered individuals exchange well-mannered feedback, such as with creations. These sorts of threads are what I've always envisioned as keeping a community alive and moving it forward – the community building on the ideas of past discussions and applying them to new concerns and topics of discussion that may arise – as opposed to threads about favorite whatevers.
fallenangel327

Postby Draykov » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:25 pm

Relax...just the dog days of summer and some unseasoned members with lots of free time.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby j15sw » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:48 pm

^ Fallenangel327 above - Please chill - if you don't like the topic you can participate in another thread or create your own that you deem worthy etc.

Personally, I really enjoyed reading everyone's responses and I thought that the topic is just fine.

As for the topic at hand, there are so many great quotes that I have but one stands out in my mind that I'm surprised no one has brought up yet. It's at the end of Attack of the Clones when Obi Wan is talking to Yoda in the Jedi Council Chamber.

OBI-WAN: ... I have to admit, without the clones, it would
not have been a victory.

YODA: Victory? Victory, you say? Master Obi-Wan, not victory. The shroud of the dark
side has fallen. Begun, this Clone War has!

Then it cuts to the scene outside where all the clones are assembling and getting on to their ships with Palpatine looking on from the balcony and the Imperial March starts to play in the background. I LOVE this scene. I get chills down my spine every time I see it. LOVE IT.
j15sw

Postby Flynn » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:41 pm

'Course, it puts a damper in the coolness when you realize Yoda's the one that basically started the war in the first place.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby theone » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:09 am

Fallenangel stop being a kill joy

also i personally hate the line

"Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try"

i think its really negative and pessimistic

'Course, it puts a damper in the coolness when you realize Yoda's the one that basically started the war in the first place.

how?
theone

Postby Drock » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:48 am

My favorite Star Wars non-quote is
Luke, I am your father

because everyone says it trying to be clever, even though that was never actually said in the movie.
Drock

Postby Coret » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:22 am

So someone posts their opinion about this and other threads, and they post it well thought out and articulated. In response he gets a "Please chill" and "stop being a kill joy". Both of which fall into this category.....

-Immature posters who would rather spazz than participate in serious discussion

Rather than debate why this thread is any good you put the typical kid responses. I may not disagree with these type threads as fallenangel, but he has his right to post his reasons he doesn't like them. If you want to get him to stop and prove him wrong you should be able to come up with reasons why you don't agree with him.

Give the same respect to others as you would have someone give you. Debate don't insult.
Coret

Postby theone » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:18 pm

okay i apologise i was immature
theone

Postby Flynn » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:21 pm

theone wrote:

how?

Bringing the Clones in at the time he does exacerbates the situation and basically sparks the war. Especially since we don't know if the Separatists would have actually moved ahead since Palpatine would need the clones to set the plan in motion.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby j15sw » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:35 pm

^ Coret - I think fallenangel's points are valid I just don't see why someone has to complain (even if their opinion is well articulated) when instead they could simply avoid the thread in the first place. Obviously the posters in the thread are fine with the topic so why bother telling everyone posting in it that they are (basically) wrong.
I wasn't trying to insult anyone.
j15sw

Postby cas » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:15 pm

"Eheheheheh." - Yoda, Star Wars Episode V
cas
Staff Writer

Postby Flynn » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:27 pm

j15sw wrote:^ Coret - I think fallenangel's points are valid I just don't see why someone has to complain (even if their opinion is well articulated) when instead they could simply avoid the thread in the first place.

Because I think his point is how damaging these threads can be to a struggling forum, and end up counter-intuitive to the purposes of discussion. He's not just complaining for the sake of complaining, he has a real and valid point to make.

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars