Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[USA] October Double VIP Points

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

[USA] October Double VIP Points

Postby Drock » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:00 pm

Didn't see this here yet...
Picked up my Oct store calendar and it says they are offering double VIP points for all of October at the Lego store. It doesn't say if it applies to S@H as well.
Drock

Re: [USA] October Double VIP Points

Postby popnfresh » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:30 pm

oh man perfect time to pick up the modular buildings/deathstar/carousel etc

good thing i ddint make the drive out to the lego store just yet
popnfresh

Postby Mofo Jones » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:17 pm

Now I'm tempted to return my recent purchase of a big SW set and wait until next month for more VIP points.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby JamesBenjamin » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:55 pm

Someone somewhere else said the October calendar has last years Christmas set listed (winter toy shop, 10199), showing its being re-released this year, do you see that on there?
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Postby SH1 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:34 pm

There is a copy of the Oct 2010 Calendar posted on flickr, http://www.flickr.com/photos/toomuchdew/4968986935/, and you're right---there is an image of the 10199 tree trimming model shown. The text refers to a "LEGO wish list" giveaway, though. So, I wouldn't read too much into it, but maybe I'm wrong.

At this point, there are less than 3 weeks to go until the Winter Bakery will be available, which means that store orders for that inventory should already be placed with the distributor. My might try asking the manager of your local LEGO store to see if any Winter Toy Shops are on the way as well.
SH1

Postby JamesBenjamin » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:48 pm

Yeah, I may have to swing by there tomorrow and check with them.
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Postby ie10421 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:30 pm

A Lego store manager confirmed to me that the 10199, Winter Toy Shop is being re-released with the new winter set this year.
ie10421

Postby combattank » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:25 am

ie10421 wrote:A Lego store manager confirmed to me that the 10199, Winter Toy Shop is being re-released with the new winter set this year.

Thanks for the heads up. Do you know if it will be re-released in the US in other stores besides Lego (like Target or TRU) or is it supposed to be an exclusive set?

UPDATE (9/25): The set can be found on www.target.com, search for: LEGO Creator Winter Toy Shop.
Last edited by combattank on Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
combattank

Postby Morgan19 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:26 am

Ooo yes, thanks for the info! New LEGO store opening October 1st + gift card + double points + new HP sets = Fun times. ;)

m19
Morgan19

Postby vman100 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:45 am

Just a counter point - an associate at shop@home told me yesterday she had not heard anything about winter toy shop being re-released (although she acknowledged it was possible but would not be until after the holiday catalog comes out in mid-to-late October. I realize this doesn't mean a lot, but it does seem odd there has been no announcement and many staff don't know about it being re-released.

Also, we pre-ordered the HP sets a few weeks ago, but I called yesterday to see if I could get the double VIP points on them since they don't ship until October. Short answer was no, although I was told I can call and complain about it in October and they might credit me then. Oh well.
vman100

Postby JamesBenjamin » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:54 am

Yeah, the only weird thing is that parts of that set are featured in the October calendar. Unless they meant to put on parts of the new holiday set and it will be fixed by the time they're actually printed?
JamesBenjamin

Postby kaidoy021 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:16 pm

Finally decided to pick up the Death Star. They didnt have it in stock so it will be delivered
kaidoy021

Postby Drock » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:49 pm

kaidoy021 wrote:Finally decided to pick up the Death Star. They didnt have it in stock so it will be delivered

It's hard to turn down when you get a "$40 gift card" when you buy it. I did that in June and the people at the LEGO Store still know me as "The guy who got 800 VIP points for buying the Death Star." And my wife went and bought something there when I wasn't with her and she said they called her "The wife of the guy..."
Drock

Postby MisterFubar » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:14 pm

kaidoy021 wrote:Finally decided to pick up the Death Star. They didnt have it in stock so it will be delivered

I'm not a huge fan of the playsets but I'm very tempted to finally order that set. Been waiting for it to go one sale since it came out, but haven't had any luck.

Still not sure if I'll get it, or the UCS Shuttle and the new AT-AT.

It's kind of sad that those are the only 3 sets currently offered that I don't have... :facepalm:
MisterFubar

Postby onions » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:14 pm

death star's been around a while, it's production run would end first out of the three you mentioned.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby MisterFubar » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:26 pm

onions wrote:death star's been around a while, it's production run would end first out of the three you mentioned.

...and the VIP points from it plus what I already have would knock about 70 bucks off the new shuttle. That puts the shuttle down in the price range where the wife is less likely to notice. :lol:

I wonder if they'll offer free shipping sometime this month.
MisterFubar

Postby MisterFubar » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:52 pm

Well I just couldn't resist anymore and ordered the Imperial Shuttle. It's always been one of my favorite ships and I've been a little tingly ever since I first saw the pictures. Got it, a few small items and some power functions stuff to hopefully motorize the wings with. 17.95 shipping :facepalm: but no tax... That's the one plus side of no local Lego store.

Earned 666 VIP points \m/

I really doubt they will discontinue the Death Star between now and the holiday season, so maybe I'll pick it up later.

Oh and an FYI it looks like you get a 10% discount on power functions items when you order 4 or more of any them(excluding the 29.99 motor set). I had 3 different items in my cart and when I added the 4th it took 10% off of each of them.
MisterFubar

Postby combattank » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:23 am

MisterFubar wrote:I wonder if they'll offer free shipping sometime this month.

Lego Shop at Home is currently offering Free Shipping on orders over $99.
combattank

Postby Mandalorian Candidat » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:04 am

combattank wrote:
MisterFubar wrote:I wonder if they'll offer free shipping sometime this month.

Lego Shop at Home is currently offering Free Shipping on orders over $99.

Free shipping through December 14th.
Mandalorian Candidat

Postby MisterFubar » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:39 am

Impatience cost me $17.95. heh.
MisterFubar

Next

Return to Finds/Deals