Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[Sci-fi]Fox Company

There's more to LEGO than building, here you can take the hobby in a much different direction.

Moderator: Kaminoan

[Sci-fi]Fox Company

Postby Paxtonium » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:21 pm

Sgt Pliny & MCpl Wiremu by paxtonium, on Flickr

Two members of Fox Company, 782nd Heavy Infantry Division, UH Army. The 782nd was one of only a handful Units that survived the the initial wave of the plague. They have now endured well into the war and specialize in eradicating plague nests.

These two are the first in a run of custom minifigs I'm trying out. I gotta say, it's a lot of fun to paint Lego!
"I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."
-Winston Churchill

my stuff on flickr
Paxtonium

Re: [Sci-fi]Fox Company

Postby Jodo Kast » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:51 pm

Looks good. What kind of paint did you use and how did you apply it?
Jodo Kast

Postby Paxtonium » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:29 pm

Thanks, I used Citadel paints, just hand brushed on after a spray base coat. Little bit of a rundown here.
"I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."
-Winston Churchill

my stuff on flickr
Paxtonium

Postby jm72076 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:48 am

The painting looks great! You mention in your blog post that you need to find a way to make sure the paint stays flat. When I was painting Warhammer figures, I found that a Testor's product called "Dullcote" gave a beautifully flat finish, and also protected the models quite well. You can usually find it anywhere that sells model paints. I'd definitely give it a try.

JM
jm72076

Postby Paxtonium » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:28 pm

Thanks, sounds like perfect stuff. I'll try it soon.
-Winston Churchill

my stuff on flickr
Paxtonium

Return to Custom Minifigs