Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Kotaku Previews LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Kotaku Previews LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars

Postby Staff » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:04 am

Nahdar Vebb - LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars

Earlier today, Kotaku published a preview of the upcoming video game, LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars. It seems that with every LEGO game that Traveler's Tales develops, they improve some aspect of the game engine and this game is no exception. An excerpt:

To deliver the experience of having multiple story lines in the game, Traveller's Tales created levels that have you hot-swapping between storylines. While you're playing one storyline, controlling a set of characters, you can see the other storyline preparing to unfold in a bubble-shaped window in the top right corner of your screen.
Shell said that during these moments, the game's AI will take over for the windowed gameplay, making sure not to die, but also not completing the task at hand. This allows players to go through both story lines simultaneously, Shell said.

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2010/08/25/kotaku-previews-lego-star-wars-iii-the-clone-wars/
Staff

Re: Kotaku Previews LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars

Postby jocktheglide » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:39 pm

lego star wars video always rocks the only thing they messed up on is the indiana jones the 2 lego video game it was like playing an unfinihsed game and the characters were small comapred to the other games. They probably deviated from the winning formula to try out a new one, but didnt work.
jocktheglide

Postby KarolRabalski » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:10 pm

They better fix the hub world...seriously. LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga, LEGO Batman, and LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures were so neat and clean. I do appreciate the attempt to make it more varied, and have more to explore, but I thought LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues had a disastrous hub world. They fixed it up for LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4, but I much prefer being able to walk in a central location to access all the levels.

Oh thank god...I just read this part.

Shell didn't say how much of the game would be about space flight, but he did say that the central hub for this game is Anakin Skywalker's star fighter the Resolute. Players will use the ship to move between the games 16 systems, each system representing a collection of levels. The game's story starts out with Episode II of the movie in the giant arena battle and spans the movies and both the first and second seasons of the animated series, he added.

:D

I guess they're also reworking some levels from the original game.
----like spinning plates---------
KarolRabalski

Postby Robzula » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:46 pm

Hooray! Something new to obsess over now that Metroid: Other M is nearing release! This definitely looks obsess-worthy, too. Freakin' awesome, man.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby Solscud007 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:22 pm

awesome. perhaps I can get my fiancee to like clone wars with the video game to tie her in. We enjoyed the previous lego games. did I miss what the release date is?
Solscud007

Postby brickmodder » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:24 am

[humor]

Um, OK? Cute, but why does this need to be front paged? :roll:

[/humor]
XD

brickmodder

Postby Blacknight » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:05 am

Because it's Lego... Star Wars....
Blacknight