LEGO Ideas officially reveals 21312 Women of NASA just days after it was found in the wild by flickr user /zux. While /zux didn’t provide more than just the box shots, we can finally get a glimpse of the final approved model. There are four minifigs included:Â Nancy Grace Roman, Margaret Hamilton, Sally Ride, and Mae Jemison. Katherine Johnson’s minifigure was part of the initial design but is noticeably absent from the official set. …mumble mumble some joke about how women earn 78 cents to the dollar mumble mumble… I will say, though, that it is super odd that KJ’s minifig is missing.
21312 Women of NASA will be available starting November 1st, 2017 at LEGO Shop@Home and Brand Retail locations. It will cost $24.99.
21312 Women of NASA Official Photos
Official Press Release
21312 â€“ Women of NASA
Available November 1, 2017.
Ages 10+. 231 pieces.
Build, play and learn from inspiring women of NASA!
Explore the professions of some of the groundbreaking women in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) with the LEGOÂ® Ideas Women of NASA set. It features minifigures of 4 pioneering women of NASAâ€” astronomer and educator Nancy Grace Roman, computer scientist and entrepreneur Margaret Hamilton, astronaut, physicist and entrepreneur Sally Ride and astronaut, physician and engineer Mae Jemisonâ€”and 3 builds illustrating their areas of expertise. Role-play space exploration from planning to moon landing, beginning with the iconic scene from Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1969 of Hamilton with software that she and her team programmed. Build the posable Hubble Space Telescope and launch a LEGO version of the Space Shuttle Challenger with 3 removable rocket stages. The set also includes a booklet about the 4 featured women of NASA, and the fan creator and LEGO designers of this fun and educational set.
- Includes 4 minifigures: Nancy Grace Roman, Margaret Hamilton, Sally Ride and Mae Jemison.
- Features 3 LEGOÂ® builds illustrating the areas of expertise of the 4 featured women of NASA.
- Nancy Grace Romanâ€™s build features a posable Hubble Space Telescope with authentic details and a projected image of a planetary nebula.
- Margaret Hamiltonâ€™s build features a stack of book elements, representing the books of listings of Apollo Guidance Computer (AGC) onboard flight software source code.
- Sally Ride and Mae Jemisonâ€™s build features a launchpad and Space Shuttle Challenger with 3 removable rocket stages.
- Also includes printed nameplates for each of the 4 women featured in this set.
- Great for role-playing space exploration missions.
- Includes a booklet with building instructions, plus information about the 4 featured women of NASA, the setâ€™s fan creator and the LEGO designers.
- Nancy Grace Romanâ€™s build measures over 2″” (7cm) high, 3â€ (9cm) wide and 2â€ (6cm) deep.
- Margaret Hamiltonâ€™s build measures over 2″” (6cm) high, 3â€ (8cm) wide and 1â€ (4cm) deep.
- Sally Ride and Mae Jemisonâ€™s build measures over 4″” (12cm) high, 3â€ (10cm) wide and 2â€ (6cm) deep.