Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[USA] Target Clearance - Wal-Mart Soon?

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: [USA] Target Clearance - Wal-Mart Soon?

Postby popnfresh » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:13 pm

well my targets cleaned out the shelves completely and had rearranged and had new stock in

i guess they just sent what was left back to lego? or dumped them somewhere because they didnt bother clearancing further, they just took all the pirate tanks and y wings they had left completely off the shelf.
popnfresh

Postby anakinisvader » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:07 pm

popnfresh wrote:well my targets cleaned out the shelves completely and had rearranged and had new stock in

i guess they just sent what was left back to lego? or dumped them somewhere because they didnt bother clearancing further, they just took all the pirate tanks and y wings they had left completely off the shelf.

Check your local goodwill stores. Target likes to donate their clearance stuff to these places to get a tax write off.
anakinisvader

Postby ILikePi » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:14 pm

Unfortunately I missed out on finding any 50% off items at my local Target. I was watching a Hyperspeed Pursuit (which was at 30% off) but I think it went directly off the shelf instead of going to 50% off. :( That does leave extra money for later on, though, which means multiples of some Series 2 minfigs once they come out!
ILikePi

Postby Dr. Cart » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:55 pm

Stopped by my local Walmart in Midlothian, VA, to pick up an $20 Echo Base for the Community Build, and found these:

Battle for Endor: $69
Venerator: $79

Took pix with my phone (no pix didn't happen, right?) but have no idea how to upload them.
Dr. Cart

Postby pharmjod » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:09 pm

I can confirm that one of my buddies just called me from a rural walmart in KY and said he found Battle for Endor for the same price ($69). Also said the midi falcon and y-wing were on clearance for ~30% off. as always, YMMV
pharmjod

Postby JamesBenjamin » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:30 am

I went to the two wallmarts in my town today. One had all PoP sets 30% off (but they didnt have the one I want more of, the ostrich one), and the other had all the PoP sets and Endor, but none were on sale. Looks like its hit or miss, guys.
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Postby vman100 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:05 pm

I found a City Garage for $30 at Walmart today. Wasn't labeled, just lying in a section that looked kind of like clearance stuff so I asked the guy to price check and I was excited to be told $30!!
vman100

Postby Mandalorian Candidat » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:17 pm

There's still some stuff that pops up now and then. Perhaps people returning merchandise. I found a 50% off IJ Temple of Doom last night at Target.

All the nonLego stuff is mostly gone from my area, so I wonder if they shipped most stuff off to Goodwill already. I'm wondering if they'll do a 75% off but I'm not holding my breath any more. :x
Mandalorian Candidat

Postby ohiojeff » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:27 pm

Found the Venator Imperial Attack Cruiser at Wal-Mart in Mason, OH for $79.99. They were in the middle of rearranging the toy section and this and some others were by themselves in a separate section from the rest of the Lego sets. Too good to pass up, but I think I missed the Mid-size Millenium Falcons that they had a number of a few weeks ago.
ohiojeff

Postby turtle1173 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:36 am

Haven't found anything at Target in a few weeks. I finally managed to find a Republic attack cruiser for 50% off. I was happy about that. I'm kicking myself that I didn't get the Pirate Tank back when it went on sale. I haven't seen it since.

Walmat now, as has been noted, is carrying the republic attack cruiser for $79. They had a y-wing for 40 and the AAT for $35. A few Walmart stores have the battle of endor for $69. There's also some Power miners titanium command rigs for $69. They have the temple of doom set in the clearance of my local walmart but it's still at full price for some reason.
turtle1173

Postby turtle1173 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:02 pm

I saw some Separtist shuttles today for $21, marked down from $30. Also picked up a Hyena droid set for $9. Both of these were at Walmart.
turtle1173

Postby Morgan19 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:02 pm

Now that I live across the street from one and it's much easier to pop in, I've got a question for those familiar with Target's clearance habits...

They had a set marked down 30% several weeks ago, and I took my chances to wait and it went down to 50% a week ago. I held out a bit more hoping it might go up to 75% (which I'm never lucky enough to find ;)). Today I popped in to check again and it came up as "item not found" in the price scanner, but an employee's hand scanner still had it at 50%.

I went ahead and got it (yay 50%!), but does "item not found" mean it's been removed from their inventory and the discount would never go lower than whatever it's already at?

m19
Morgan19

Postby preterosso » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:02 pm

At my Target (Libbie Ave. Richmond, VA), "item not found" is usually the last stop before they won't sell it to you. I found a "not found" 4896 Roaring Roadster set way back when, and though customer service initially resisted selling it, when I persisted they determined its bottom-of-the-barrel price at $14.98 and I left a happy camper.
_______
Just Phil
preterosso

Postby ThinkingImpaired » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:36 pm

Morgan19 wrote:Now that I live across the street from one and it's much easier to pop in, I've got a question for those familiar with Target's clearance habits...

They had a set marked down 30% several weeks ago, and I took my chances to wait and it went down to 50% a week ago. I held out a bit more hoping it might go up to 75% (which I'm never lucky enough to find ;)). Today I popped in to check again and it came up as "item not found" in the price scanner, but an employee's hand scanner still had it at 50%.

I went ahead and got it (yay 50%!), but does "item not found" mean it's been removed from their inventory and the discount would never go lower than whatever it's already at?

m19

I've found plenty of "items not found" in the past years and every single one I had someone price check turned out to be 75% off....I've never seen one stop at 50% but I suppose it's very possible for a target to stop a clearance on something at 50%....weird.
Don't you waste away, for tomorrow will soon be today
ThinkingImpaired

Postby MisterFubar » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:11 pm

I just picked up a 6754 Creator house on clearance for $30 at my local Walmart. The only other sets they had on clearance were a couple Ben 10's.

I actually bought the Creator set for parts/parting out on BL, but my wife saw it when she got home and thought it was "cute" so now she wants it assembled and put on a shelf outside of my office. This will be the first LEGO set displayed outside of my office and my Daughter's bedroom. It's a gateway set... before you know it I'll have the UCS Falcon on the china cabinet.
MisterFubar

Postby doodlebird » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:20 pm

Mandalorian Candidat wrote:All the nonLego stuff is mostly gone from my area, so I wonder if they shipped most stuff off to Goodwill already.

whaaaa???
goodwill has lego??

is this true?
doodlebird

Postby stevenli » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:49 am

Yes, a lot of Target goes to the local goodwill when it gets past clearance. They used to funnel to Marshalls before divesting marshalls and TJMAx.

Lego rarely gets there though since everyone buys them out like most clearance electronics.
stevenli

Postby Arkov » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:46 pm

If your Wal-Mart is anything like mine you won't find any sets on clearance. I went to Wal-Mart today to see if any LEGO was on sale yet and saw a bunch of new summer sets, but no 2009 sets; so I asked where the older sets were and they said they had shipped them back.(?!?) It's actually been nearly two years since my local Wal-Mart had any LEGO on clearance (The store manager must really be stingy).
Arkov

Postby ufjason » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:01 pm

Walmart is just a big YMMV when it comes to clearance. They're the total polar opposite of Target. I'm trying to think of something WM has over Target and having a tough time with it.

Availability and general helpfulness of employees, Target.
Cleanliness and orderliness of stores, Target.
Inventory system that helps you find things at other stores, Target.
Clearance that is generally company wide with fixed mark down percentages, Target.
Free shipping from online to B&M stores, WM.
Price adjustments after an item has gone on clearance, WM.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby etcknight » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:05 pm

popnfresh wrote:well my targets cleaned out the shelves completely and had rearranged and had new stock in

I can confirm that my Targets in the IE went from 30% to 50% on Legos for maybe 1-2 days, then cleaned out, and rearranged. Bummer. I should have grabbed the rest of the Y-wings and Hyperspeed Pursuit when I had a chance. :(

The good news is, most Targets still seem to have PoP, Toy Story, and Battle of Endor on the shelves, so these will go on clearance at some point as well. :D

Too bad I don't have the time to go to the Goodwill shops in the area for searching. :'(
etcknight

PreviousNext

Return to Finds/Deals