Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[NEW STUFF] 2011 SW Sets

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

[NEW STUFF] 2011 SW Sets

Postby Draykov » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:13 pm

Is it that time already? Rumors are circulating over at Eurobricks:

KimT wrote:Star Wars 2011 Rumored Sets:

7913 Clone Trooper Battle Pack (Clone Trooper, ARF/C (?) Trooper & Bomb Squad Trooper 14,99 EUR
7914 Mandalorian Battle Pack (3 Mandalorians?) 14,99 EUR
7915 Imperial V-Wing Star Fighter 26,99 EUR
7929 The Battle Of Naboo 29,99 EUR
7930 Bounty Hunter Gunship 49,99 EUR
7931 T6 Jedi Shuttle ("Fett Ship"?) 69,99 EUR ]
Hail Space!
Draykov

Re: New 2010/2011 sets!!!????

Postby Mister Ed » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:25 pm

Wow, is that an underwhelming rumor. I would say it HAS to be true, because if somebody was making it up, they'd come up with something better. I'm having a hard time picturing a minifig scale V-Wing model that should cost anywhere near that much, especially as a remake. And I'd almost rather have a Gungan battle pack at this point than yet ANOTHER clone one (certainly would prefer an Ewok one, since I couldn't spring for the Battle of Endor set that was the ONLY WAY to get decent looking Ewoks). The other ships are things I've never even heard of (which means either Clone Wars stuff, or obscure). Battle of Naboo sounds like it MIGHT be promising, except given recent price increases, I don't expect it to contain much of interest at that price point. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I'm picturing the aforementioned Gungan Battle pack with a few droids thrown in, and double the price of a regular battle pack.
Mister Ed

Postby Drock » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:06 am

Man, I'd have to agree with you 100% Mister Ed. Hopefully there are more than just this list. I really can't pick out any of those that I would get. The battle packs don't sound appealing at all (and only 3 figs instead of the 4 we've been getting).

As far as the V-wing, Mr. Ed., it doesn't have to be much bigger than the original for that price. Look at the piece counts of all the recent 25USD sets - Freeco (177), Plo Koon (175), Landspeeder (163). I'm guessing piece count for this v-wing will be similar.

Battle of Naboo? Rehashed Gungan Patrol with some battle droids and a small weapon for them?

Bounty Hunter Gunship? Assume this is from the CW Season 2, but I'm not sure what it was. Or maybe the Utapau-type ship that Cad Bane flew?

T6 Jedi Shuttle? Eh, wasn't all that excited by it. I'm sure they'll pop a new Jedi in it (though we only saw Mace and Obi-Wan in the show) to entice us.
Drock

Postby THX 1138 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:10 am

Some of these sound good, but overall this sounds like a pretty disappointing year. I hope most of these are at least partly false.

Clone Trooper Battle Pack: This one sounds good. It'll be nice to get some more specialized clones.

Mandalorian Battle Pack: This sounds good too, but hopefully it'll have four minifigs instead of 3, like the description implies. I'm hoping that it'll have a Jango Fett-coloured Mandalorian, so I can have a Jango Fett with the new helmet and jetpack.

Imperial V-Wing: Could be interesting, but I'd much rather have a Republic V-Wing. Hopefully it'll have multiple minfigs for that price.

The Battle of Naboo: This could be good. Hopefully we'll get some Gungans (I don't have any), as well as a Padmé minifig. It would be nice if it had a tan AAT, but it probably won't for that price. However, I'd like a Flash speeder or Gian speeder.

Bounty Hunter Gunship: This one sounds interesting. Hopefully it'll have good minifigs, like maybe Aurra Sing. Someone at Eurobricks suggested that it could be the Halo from the episode "Bounty Hunters": http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Halo
When I first saw this, I had thought it could be Cad Bane's dropship [i]The Sleight of Hand[i], although that never appeared in the show, so it seems unlikely.

T6 Jedi Shuttle/"Fett Ship": Assuming that this is indeed the T6 shuttle from the Clone Wars cartoon, I won't be very interested in this. It would be quite large, and since the shuttle has vertical fins on both the top and bottom, it would be hard to display. Here's a pic of it (in landed position; the large semi-circle wings rotate 90˚ when in flight position):
Do a barrel roll!
THX 1138

Postby Darth Jokar » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:50 pm

Well its been awhile since iv been here. Anyways went to TRU today and just my luck the lego rep was there putting up the new sets. We talked for awhile and I found out something very interesting for January's line up. So TRU,Walmart and Target have more exclusvie sets coming out. The Lego Rep wasnt 100% sure but she told me that, TRU will be having palpy arrest play set for jan or july. Target has some cool set coming out but she not sure what it is. And walmart will have another midi-scale set, i think she said it will be a ship of the bad guys AkA Sepratist forces my guess. Well I hope she wasnt pulling my leg with this info. So if any of you guys see a lego rep when ya go shopping ask them to double check.
Get on your knee's and tell me you love me...
Darth Jokar

Postby theJudeAbides » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:57 pm

Yeah, the only set on that list that doesn't make me immediately yawn is the Battle of Naboo set. I agree that at that price point, it probably won't contain much. However, given LEGO's recent history of putting new, quality molded pieces in smaller sized playsets, I wonder if this set won't include a new Fambaa mold, some bits to build a shield generator or cannon on it's back, a few Gungans, and of course a few ubiquitous battle droids. There will probably be a few other bits to make some small, random background crap similar to the Taun Taun set as well. However, the focus of the set (much like the Taun Taun set) would be the new molded Fambaa piece and the minifigs with it.

I'm hoping the V-Wing will be similar to the 2006 version (the last time it was released), with perhaps a few improvements and most likely one of the new Clone Pilot minigs. For those who have the old set, it'll probably be skippable, but since many young 'uns have gotten into Star Wars since the new cartoon started, this set will largely be geared towards them.

As others have said, the battlepacks were completely predictable (see the Future Product Ideas/Wishlist thread if you don't believe me). I completely agree that we really didn't need another clone battlepack, but the kiddies will eat that crap up year after year. LEGO knows this and capitalizes on it accordingly.

The two "random CW ships" were also predictable (see my predictions in the aforementioned thread). It's time yall accepted that the new cartoon is just the latest cash cow for Lucas, LEGO, and everybody else to milk dry. It's not going anywhere so long as everybody involved stands to make huge profits off of it, so why bother complaining?

Besides, we all know that fall releases are always way better than the winter ones. Just look at this year, last year, and pretty much every other year LEGO has released Star Wars sets. They always start off with their meh sets and then come out with their big guns in time for Christmas. How do you guys not understand this cycle yet?
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Postby The Brain » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:18 pm

In regards to that clone battlepack, I still wish they had done something with the Senate Commandos. It would have been logical from the "let's take stuff from the CW cartoon" school of thought, the "they should be fairly generic already" idea, and little kids (and others) would love them as well. Oh well.
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby Draykov » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:35 pm

theJudeAbides wrote:They always start off with their meh sets and then come out with their big guns in time for Christmas. How do you guys not understand this cycle yet?

I thought January 2006 was pretty cool (6205-6209).
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Draykov » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:14 pm

Klaus-Dieter over at Eurobricks is spilling beans...

Klaus-Dieter wrote:Today I had much luck - I was aible to have a look in the retailer's catalogue for the first half of 2011:

NEWS:

1. The "Naboo Fight" will only be some sort of bigger Battle Droid Carrier, two Gungans with blue round bricks and minimum four Battle Droids. No Padme, no other minifigure, no landscape/scenery.

2. There was a BP with a lot of grey and blue in it. This might be a BP similar to the pictures already mentioned before.

Please note:
Since I'm not interested in all that CW stuff and so did wanted to keep my thoughts on the sets which take interest in me, I did only have a very short look at the new six sets. So please don't ask me any further questions since I won't be aible to answer them. Thanks.

3. I got the information that there won't be any OT set in the first half of 2011 (at least not in the regular toy shops). :thumbdown: But there will be one or more OT sets in the second wave. :thumbup:

Personally I'm really shocked that there won't be any OT sets in the whole first half of the year. :sadnew:
Since it's very likely that - if we'll get a Cloud City - we'll get it next year, that it'll be not as big as 10188 but nevertheless minimum that expensive like AT-OT With Dropship. So this shall give us OT fans more chances to save money.
What do you think?

Klaus-Dieter
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:30 am

Yeah, brilliant LEGO. Make a Battle of Naboo set that has Battle Droids as its main focus. I know I've hardly any Battle Droids, and I've REALLY been hoping for a new Battle Droid Carrier model. :roll: :facepalm:

Seriously, that set sounds like it belongs in the "Sarcastic Set Idea" thread. If that is really all it is, I don't see how they could have made it worse and still called it "Battle of Naboo".
Mister Ed

Postby onions » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:39 am

i think 2011 discussion needs to be split into its own thread.
onions
Damp Noodle

Re: [NEW STUFF] 2011 SW Sets

Postby Draykov » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:46 pm

Done...I guess technically, these are still rumors, but I'm going to say a new thread is warranted (rather than placement in the rumors, etc. thread) given that the same list has come from multiple sources and seems to be credible. It's a weak justification, but whatever. I'm drunk with power.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby KarolRabalski » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:36 pm

I like these sets/rumours! I missed out on the earlier episode III clone troopers, so maybe this clone trooper set will be similar to that of the one in 8091 Republic Swamp Speeder (which I still cannot find ANYWHERE omg...) and a mandalorian battle pack would be so cool! I really like how some of the Mandalorians looked in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.

Come to think of it, in celebration of the upcoming MMORPG Star Wars: The Old Republic (which will be the end of all computer games...omg it'll be amazing) they should make more sets based on the Old Republic! I've done a few custom mocs based off of the KOTOR game, but I would like to see some more sets like that!

I wouldn't mind some Naboo Fighters against some battle droid sets, I really liked the design of the Naboo fighters (probably one of the few things I liked about the first episode, I still have the original LEGO one!) and we haven't gotten too much out of that recently. (And I need more battle droids!)

But yeah, I'm not much for complaining about what LEGO releases for Star Wars, because the universe is so vast, there's an unbelieveable amount of what they could release, so I'm always happy with what they do. (The pricing could use a bit of work though... :S )
----like spinning plates---------
KarolRabalski

Postby Mofo Jones » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:59 pm

Draykov wrote:
theJudeAbides wrote:They always start off with their meh sets and then come out with their big guns in time for Christmas. How do you guys not understand this cycle yet?

I thought January 2006 was pretty cool (6205-6209).

All of 2006 was pretty cool (6205-6212). My attitude towards these rumored sets is "wait and see" if not "meh" As it is, I'm not crazy about any of the system scale 2010 summer releases, but I'll probably end up getting the Wampa Attack set because I'm a sucker and apparently I need a 4th snowspeeder. :facepalm:
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby Marty » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:41 am

I for one hope that these are just that, rumors. I can't really say I'm a fan of the clone war series or the last 3 movies.
I had hoped to see a Banther set, or for that matter either a cantina or a bounty hunter set with a star destroyer bridge, but alas no!
One glimmer of hope though, in that thread you mention, he said they might be reworking cloud city , finally a carbon freezing chamber that looks the part, eh?
With so many scenes that could be made into sets from the older movies, it makes you wonder, why they don't?
Regards Marty
Marty

Postby hatcher » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:40 am

Why not more OT sets you ask? Because the Clone Wars show is on tv now, and the primary market for Lego is kids, and most kids have never seen the OT, and they like the Clone Wars. Hopefully we'll see more OT sets in the second half of the year.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who can understand binary, and those that can't.
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you, you are locked up in here with me!" - Rorshach, Watchmen.
hatcher

Postby KarolRabalski » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:12 am

Am I the only person that wants sets from The Old Republic? :(
----like spinning plates---------
KarolRabalski

Postby Mofo Jones » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:44 am

I'd consider KOTOR or OR sets if they were offered. An Ebon Hawk would be very cool, so would a LEGO HK-47, provided they didn't give him battle droid legs.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby Mister Ed » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:00 am

KarolRabalski wrote:Am I the only person that wants sets from The Old Republic? :(

Not the only one, but I'd bet you are part of a small enough group that it will never happen. I know I personally have zero interest in such a thing.
Mister Ed

Postby Feralcom » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:21 pm

I wonder if we will get a Force Unleashed 2 set. I thought it was strange Lego jumped on that game property and not the others (like old republic).
Feralcom

Next

Return to Star Wars