Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

The Minifigures You'll Never Get: George Lucas, R2-KT

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

The Minifigures You'll Never Get: George Lucas, R2-KT

Postby Staff » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:01 am

George Lucas Minifig

The minifigures above and below made an appearance at the Fan Display at Star Wars Weekend this past weekend, but they are cool enough to deserve their own post. If you remember from the LEGO Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary book, there was a picture of a George Lucas minifigure somewhere in the back. At least that's what I was told since a) I can't remember and b) I can't find my copy of the book. There was also a picture of every Star Wars minifigure ever made, including prototypes. The George Lucas minifigure you see above is the real deal, not a custom job. The pink R2 unit below, dubbed R2-KT due to its resemblance to the real life R2-KT droid, is a prototype figure used to test the printing pattern for the Clone Wars era R2-D2 minifigure. Only 50 of the pink R2 minifigure are known to exist. Ol' George? His production number is unknown, making it truly a one of a kind.

These minifigures are not mine, though I wish they were, just shown to me to make me faint with wanton desire. Now, if only a kind soul in Billund would gift me some of these....

R2-D2 and R2-KT

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2010/08/10/the-minifigures-youll-never-get-george-lucas-r2-kt/
Staff

Re: The Minifigures You'll Never Get: George Lucas, R2-KT

Postby legomatt » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:31 am

Excellent piece of reportage. Little gems like this, items that most people wouldn't know about - or even care to know about - remind me why I'm on this site... thank you for posting this front page item. I appreciate it immensely.

:o)
legomatt

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:28 pm

Yeah, thanks for the pics! But couldn't it be that they decide to distribute such a Lucas fig as some kind of exclusive in the future? Would be great to have one.
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby vynsane » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:19 pm

Can't wait until the chrome George Lucas minifigure comes out.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Brickset reviews
vynsane

Postby monkeyhand » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:43 pm

They need to release a droid factory with several different colored droid parts to create your own custom droid. I'd pass on pink though... don't need any female astromechs around to make C-3PO jealous :lol:
monkeyhand

Return to Star Wars