Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Collectible Minifigs Series 1 Now Available

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: Collectible Minifigs Series 1 Now Available

Postby JamesBenjamin » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:06 am

that guy wrote:Entertainment Earth got in their order of Series 1 figs on Friday. They claimed to have filled all the existing pre-orders and any leftover sold out in minutes (at 2.99 to 3.99 each depending on how many you bought). This gives hope that other secondary market retailers may be getting one last gasp of these before they're really gone forever if they ordered them back in the day.

THANK GOD!

I've been bugging them for weeks to make sure they were actually getting their orders in. That means mine should be coming soon, YAY!
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Postby stevenli » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:12 pm

EE was up for awhile, but at $3.99 each for 10 plus the $1.5 per piece handling fee and tax was too much to handle. Would have cost nearly $6 a piece when all said and done.
stevenli

Postby Draykov » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:54 pm

JamesBenjamin wrote:
that guy wrote:Entertainment Earth got in their order of Series 1 figs on Friday. They claimed to have filled all the existing pre-orders and any leftover sold out in minutes (at 2.99 to 3.99 each depending on how many you bought). This gives hope that other secondary market retailers may be getting one last gasp of these before they're really gone forever if they ordered them back in the day.

THANK GOD!

I've been bugging them for weeks to make sure they were actually getting their orders in. That means mine should be coming soon, YAY!

I received a shipment confirmation for my order from Entertainment Earth just today.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Iare Tosevite » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:44 pm

Shipping confirmed. :)
Where, where, where is correct way out?
Iare Tosevite

Postby Lich_Barrister » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:14 pm

My local independent merchant in British Columbia finally received their order. They were good enough to help me find some since I'd tried to order a case ages ago but decided to just get what I needed instead of cleaning them out. It's nice to find a shop that cares about the kids having fun - and is willing to help a polite AFOL, too. Judging by how Wal-Mart got cleaned out hereabouts, I'm sure they'll be emptied out soon enough. If not, I'll help by buying up some extras. :cool:
Lich_Barrister

Postby JamesBenjamin » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:14 pm

Draykov wrote:
JamesBenjamin wrote:

THANK GOD!

I received a shipment confirmation for my order from Entertainment Earth just today.

Sweet, mine will probly get shipped today or tomorrow then. Also: Today was the first day in my credit card's billing cycle, so I won't have to pay for it for 5-6 weeks. Haha. Thanks for the info. =)
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Postby etcknight » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:00 pm

etcknight wrote:Ditto. Some TRUs never got these - or I just got tired of calling everyday. Borders also ditto. Again, back to my original post. If I find these great, but I'm tired of calling around and trying to find these non-existent things. No thanks. Lego Co is already going to get enough of my money. I'd really really like to have one robot, spaceman, and clown, but forget-about-it. :x

Thanks to the generous support of one FBTB member, I was able to get the minifigs I was looking for! To that member, YOU ROCK! :cool: Now, to wait for my delivery. XD
etcknight

Postby soupsoup343 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:52 pm

At this point is it fairly safe to say that if you haven't found them any where (retail stores in the US), you're not going to?

At various places online there has been mention that Target/Walmart was supposed to get them this week, can anyone confirm that?
soupsoup343

Postby Prince Kahuka » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:39 pm

soupsoup343 wrote:At this point is it fairly safe to say that if you haven't found them any where (retail stores in the US), you're not going to?

No necessarily. There is a local independent toy store near where I live with three stores across the metro area. Just today I found out that two of the three received a box of figs each this week (I'm guessing they split a case), and they each still had over half a case left today. I managed to snag 12 of the 16 different figs from the one near me.
Also, there is a no-name toy store in a local factory outlet mall that carries the full range of LEGO sets, and they told me today that they are expecting to receive the figs in 1-2 weeks. I know expecting and getting are different things, but with the other store getting some this week it gives me hope that these will still show up for a little while longer.
Prince Kahuka

Postby soupsoup343 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:12 pm

Right on, thanks for the encouragement. I live in Austin, TX and it has been pretty rough trying to track them down.

We have a few smaller toy stores, but I have not had any luck so far.

I am going to try looking further away from the city, hopefully that will pan out.

Thanks again!
soupsoup343

Postby legomatt » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:29 am

Is there any chance that a fellow UK based FBTB'er has a spare Skateboarder for swaps (preferably sealed)? (Okay, i know this should technically be in the trades forum, but i'm only looking for this one minifig... if not, fair enough).
legomatt

Postby that guy » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:48 pm

I realize they're uber expensive but Entertainment Earth still has single packs available at $3.99 plus crazy shipping, but for those with no other choice...well at least it's a choice.
that guy

Postby etcknight » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:18 pm

etcknight wrote:Ditto. Some TRUs never got these - or I just got tired of calling everyday. Borders also ditto. Again, back to my original post. If I find these great, but I'm tired of calling around and trying to find these non-existent things. No thanks. Lego Co is already going to get enough of my money. I'd really really like to have one robot, spaceman, and clown, but forget-about-it. :x

Now that I've gotten my hands on a few of these, I have some comments.

1) They are uber-fun, and I think it's great we get some very unique characters XD
however . . .
2) The quality issues others have reported is valid. They are still "Made in China" and compared to their "true" Lego mini-fig counterparts "Made in Denmark", these definitely are lower quality. They are an improvement over the first batches of "Made in China", but they still lack the high quality "sheen" of "true" Lego products, and feel made of slightly inferior quality plastics. If you compare the torsos, you can clearly see the lack of distinctive "shine" associated with higher quality "true" Lego bricks. I'm also disappointed that these don't have the "black" neck paint - which is standard on "true" Lego mini-fig torsos. :(

If Lego Co truly felt their "Made in China" products were equal to "true" Lego pieces, then I believe we'd see the "rectangular inner arm markings" disappear. But, Lego Co obviously knows there's a problem, so they're still using these markings to distinguish "inferior" product. *sigh* >8(

http://www.fbtb.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3516
etcknight

Postby ufjason » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:44 pm

etcknight wrote:

Now that I've gotten my hands on a few of these, I have some comments.

1) They are uber-fun, and I think it's great we get some very unique characters XD
however . . .
2) The quality issues others have reported is valid. They are still "Made in China" and compared to their "true" Lego mini-fig counterparts "Made in Denmark", these definitely are lower quality. They are an improvement over the first batches of "Made in China", but they still lack the high quality "sheen" of "true" Lego products, and feel made of slightly inferior quality plastics. If you compare the torsos, you can clearly see the lack of distinctive "shine" associated with higher quality "true" Lego bricks. I'm also disappointed that these don't have the "black" neck paint - which is standard on "true" Lego mini-fig torsos. :(

If Lego Co truly felt their "Made in China" products were equal to "true" Lego pieces, then I believe we'd see the "rectangular inner arm markings" disappear. But, Lego Co obviously knows there's a problem, so they're still using these markings to distinguish "inferior" product. *sigh* >8(

http://www.fbtb.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3516

What quality issues? Your links say the quality is the same. Are you saying the lack of neck paint is a quality issue? The mold imprint (which may just be an update that reduces friction with the torso) that doesn't effect anything? You don't know where you minifigures come from for sure. They could be made in mexico or somewhere in eastern europe. If you don't like them, don't buy them. As far as the shine comparison, I see it like photographs. Some like shine, some like gloss but it's the same picture. Does the lack of shine reduce the playability of a figure for a child? I think not.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby Joxer the Mighty » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:32 am

I just received my minifigs from EE and all my barcodes are identical, 673419130479. Anyone else have this?
"I want to go to there"
Joxer the Mighty

Postby Morgan19 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:36 am

The numbers are identical, yep; it's the right-hand set of actual bars (solid bar, thin bar, etc.) you want to compare to figure out what's what:

Barcodes

m19
Morgan19

Postby Joxer the Mighty » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:58 am

Morgan19 wrote:The numbers are identical, yep; it's the right-hand set of actual bars (solid bar, thin bar, etc.) you want to compare to figure out what's what:

Barcodes

m19

Thanks!
"I want to go to there"
Joxer the Mighty

Postby SuperDave » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:20 am

Several Boscov's stores in the central Pennsylvania region have these available. I bought a box on Saturday at a Harrisburg, PA, store.
SuperDave

Postby GIR3691 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:44 pm

I ran into TRU yesterday, and surprisingly there was a case on the shelf with about 20 left. I'll probably go back tomorrow with a barcode chart to see what's there, if there's any remaining.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby UOldPirate » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:45 pm

It appears that the Lego retail stores are still receiving Series 1 shipments. The Santa Clara, CA store got several cases in this morning. That particular store is probably sold out by now, but if you live near a retail store and are still looking for the minifigs, it might be worth a call.
UOldPirate

PreviousNext

Return to Finds/Deals