Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 System Requirements

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

New LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 Trailer

Postby Staff » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:07 pm

GameTrailers.com posted a new gameplay trailer yesterday for LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4. Video is below. You have one more week before the game is unleashed to the general public. If you haven't gotten your pre-order in yet, there's still time to do so through Amazon.com. They even guarantees release day delivery if you so choose it at checkout (delivery fee applies and varies). Game is available for Xbox360, PS3, Wii, PSP, DS, and PC. On to the video:

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2010/06/23/new-lego-harry-potter-years-1-4-trailer/
Staff

Re: New LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 Trailer

Postby KarolRabalski » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:52 am

This game looks really funny! :D

I hope the way you choose levels is better than in LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues...it was a creative approach, but I thought it was kind of a mess.

I'll buy the game when it comes out and post the system requirements from the manual in the forums.
----like spinning plates---------
KarolRabalski

Postby Mister Ed » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:28 pm

The system requirements are listed on Amazon.com. Unless those are just grabbed from the last LEGO game they sold, since they are identical to the system requirements for LEGO Indiana Jones 2. Of course they didn't LIST the requirements on that one (at least not before it came out). I checked.
Mister Ed

Postby Morgan19 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:50 am

I think the XBOX demo came out earlier this month, but the PC demo just arrived yesterday, too:

http://games.kidswb.com/official-site/l ... tter/demo/

(PS3 demo should be sometime this week, I think?)

m19
Morgan19

Postby Andi » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:58 am

Thanks for the link! That gives one the chance to test if it runs on the PC... not like with Indy 2, which I bought for realising that it did NOT work on my PC.
~Andi
Flickr
Andi

Postby KarolRabalski » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:35 am

Not gonna lie...if you can't run a LEGO game on you're computer, that's pretty sad, :lol:

Sorry, I don't want to sonud like an sarlacc pit or anything, but they usually have pretty low requirements. :P
KarolRabalski

Postby Andi » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:45 am

Hey!... well, Lego Star Wars runs fine, even the Complete Saga. Indy 1 too. But Indy 2 had graphical problems.
~Andi
Flickr
Andi

Postby KarolRabalski » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:57 am

Andi wrote:Hey!... well, Lego Star Wars runs fine, even the Complete Saga. Indy 1 too. But Indy 2 had graphical problems.

Really? That's wierd. Whatever, I still need to beat that game, I've had it for so long and haven't even beaten the Crystal Skull stuff haha. I just really didn't like how they set up the hub.
KarolRabalski

Postby bigospedros » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:54 pm

For UK buyers, Sainsbury's have this for £24.99 ... around £10 cheaper than anywhere else :)
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby Mister Ed » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:48 pm

KarolRabalski wrote:Not gonna lie...if you can't run a LEGO game on you're computer, that's pretty sad, :lol:

Sorry, I don't want to sonud like an sarlacc pit or anything, but they usually have pretty low requirements. :P

Not really. At least, anybody that doesn't have either a PC designed for games, or a decent graphics card added on, isn't going to be able to play them.

Yeah, if you are into the latest and greatest games, your PC is easily going to be able to handle it, but if you are somebody that doesn't have a computer set up for gaming, and just thought, "Hey, a LEGO game! That looks cool." you will most likely be out of luck.

My computer meets or exceeds all the requirements for Indy 2, but I still had to turn down the graphics settings from the defaults to get the performance to an acceptable level. I expect I'll have to do the same for Potter, but I can't spring for a new computer at this point, and my graphics card is already WELL over the required minimum.
Mister Ed

Postby KarolRabalski » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:59 pm

Yeah, I know what you mean. Before I bought my iMac, I just played the games on my family computer which dated back to 354 BC. :lol: I always thought "A LEGO game for the computer? It can't be graphically demanding." I guess not.
KarolRabalski

Postby Mister Ed » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:27 pm

Played the demo. I'm liking this game. It seems they have learned lessons from past games and applied them here. Some of the best features of previous games have been combined, and some of the more annoying ones have been minimized (of course this is only a demo, so that could be different for other levels, but the one review I read seemed to think this was the case for the game as a whole).

And yes, I did have to turn down the graphics settings, but when I did, it played great.
Mister Ed

Postby Erahtapivar » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:30 am

Is the demo not working for anyone else?
I went to the site and clicked on the download link. I had to wait 35 minutes until the run button finally came up, then the download screen kept loading at 1 second.
I do have a pretty fast computer, and this doesn't usually happen. Anyone else?
"Reality continues to ruin my life."--Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes

"College or Bust!" at http://www.odddoodles.webs.com!
Erahtapivar

Postby Morgan19 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:51 am

Nope, it's working fine for me here– both when I first posted the demo link and just a second ago when I tried again.

m19
Morgan19

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 System Requirements

Postby KarolRabalski » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:22 am

Hey guys, I just got my copy of LEGO LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 for PC and here are the system requirements from the manual.

OS
Windows XP or Windows Vista (It didn't say Windows 7?)

CPU
Minimum:Intel P4 1.8Ghz or AMD Athlon XP 2200 +
Recommended: Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64, 2.8Ghz

RAM
Minimum: 512mb
Recommended: 2Gb

Graphics Card
Minimum: ATI X1300 or NVIDIA GeForce FX 5800 with 256Mb RAM
Recommended: ATI HD 2900 or NVIDIA GeForce 8800

Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible audio device

DVD-ROM drive

Input Devices: Keyboard and mouse; Xbox 360 Controller for Windows supported

If you think there is a better place to post this here, then go ahead, I'm just here to offer information. :)
Enjoy the game!
KarolRabalski

Re: LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 System Requirements

Postby onions » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:58 am

I appreciate your enthusiasm to help, but you could have posted it in this thread. You even commented, and were aware of the question of the pc requirements.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby KarolRabalski » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:14 pm

Yes I know, but this thread was titled "New LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 Trailer" so I thought I would make a new thread...whatever it's been placed here.
KarolRabalski

Postby Mofo Jones » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:21 pm

Despite not having a graphics card that is quite up to snuff, I decided to give the demo a try. After downloading and installing, I started the demo and got to the first room. Everything is there BUT the playable characters!! I can move them and interact with the game environment, switch characters, but I can't see them at all. In fact, I have no idea which character I was even playing! Adds a new dimension to the game! :lol:
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby Mister Ed » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:08 am

Well, I got the game, and it is the best one yet, IMHO. However, it does have a few nasty glitches that can prevent one from finishing it. I didn't encounter the worst one, which gets your character stuck in a loop in one room, unable to progress. This one caught several people, playing on different platforms, too, which surprised me a bit. So far all they get from tech support is a "we're looking into it". In the meantime all they can do is start over.

My glitch was both more and less frustrating than that one. Less, because it didn't interfere with completing any of the levels, but more because, since it wasn't obvious, I got to about 98% complete on the game before, in search of the few items I was missing, I gave up and resorted to the internet walkthroughs, only to find that there was an area that I was SUPPOSED to be able to access, but which, after I opened the door, still had an invisible wall in the doorway preventing me from entering. At the time, I had just thoought that maybe it wasn't supposed to be accessible outside of the story level that it was in, but no, I'm probably going to have to start from scratch if I want to complete the game and HOPE that this time the glitch doesn't happen. Grrrr!!!!
Mister Ed

Postby Andi » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:30 am

If the Demo works, the real game should work too, shouldn't it?
~Andi
Flickr
Andi

Next

Return to Licensed Themes