Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Doctor Who

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

Re: Doctor Who

Postby The Master » Sun May 23, 2010 12:50 pm

And here are the last two!

That wasn't too long to wait. :lol: Right then! :D Episodes 12 & 13, the Series finale! :D
Here are the titles:

Episode 12 - The Pandorica Opens
Episode 13 - The Big Bang
:)
The Master

Postby RfAurora » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:23 pm

The Master wrote:And here are the last two!

That wasn't too long to wait. :lol: Right then! :D Episodes 12 & 13, the Series finale! :D
Here are the titles:

Episode 12 - The Pandorica Opens
Episode 13 - The Big Bang

@Themaster, do you mean Series Finale(as in going off the air permanently) or season finale? As I was really getting into the new season with the new Doctor and Amelia Pond.
RfAurora

Postby Jabba the Taff » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:50 pm

It's just the season finale. We often use series rather than season over here.

I can't see it going anywhere for a few years yet, the new doctor has had a tremendous reception from critics and viewers.
Jabba the Taff

Postby Robzula » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:09 am

Jabba the Taff wrote:It's just the season finale. We often use series rather than season over here.

What do you say for the real series finale then?
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby Master Fetty » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:39 am

Series Finale or Final Episode.

Season has started being used over here (Ashes to Ashes), but its a bit of a stupid thing to use when out shows only run for 6/8 episodes (Doctor Who being an exception), meaning they run for much less than a standard 'Season'.
Master Fetty

Postby Austin » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:31 pm

One of the most difficult things to understand when jumping into Doctor Who is the 'Series' concept. There's like a million variations; Series from the beginning, Series from the revamp, if Tennant's run doing Specials was a Series (it wasn't).

The show rules, though, so it's totally worth it.
Austin

Postby Athos » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:17 pm

New episodes start tonight. I've got my DVR set.

Steve
Athos

Postby Flynn » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:31 pm

I wasn't able to watch the new episode today (Boo me and not having BBC America), so I decided to watch Caves of Androzani on Netflix instead. Given that it's Easter Sunday tomorrow, it seemed more than appropriate.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Joedward » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:15 am

The new episode was absolutely fantastic, but by god, it scared the crap outta me.
It's been a long time since I've been genuinely terrified by something on TV, about a year in fact, when the weeping angels last appeared on Doctor Who, but the new big bads, the Silence, they're really scary.
But, as I said, brilliant episode, superb, can't believe we have to wait an entire week before the next part. And assuming this episode is setting the mood/standard for the rest of the season, I can't wait for what's to come, it should be amazing.
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby Iare Tosevite » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:23 pm

About the only time I was slightly scared was those dark monster, forgot name... it was at massive world library and having to avoid shadows and all.
Where, where, where is correct way out?
Iare Tosevite

Postby Athos » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:19 pm

I haven't seen the new episode yet. Maybe tonight.

Iare Tosevite wrote:About the only time I was slightly scared was those dark monster, forgot name... it was at massive world library and having to avoid shadows and all.

The Vashta Nerada. And yes, they were creepy. So were the angels...

Steve
Athos

Postby Flynn » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:16 pm

I've only been scared twice on Doctor Who- the first time being the Empty Child (Gas-masks always creeped me out anyways) and the second time being the Drashigs way back in Carnival of Monsters (Man, that introductory howl...).
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Athos » Mon May 02, 2011 4:11 pm

A very entertaining episode. Though I was a bit disappointed
Spoiler: show
they didn't resolve the girl and the doctor's death in the episode. I guess that will have to wait until later

I also hope that wasn't the end of the Silence. If so, despite being a fun show, it was kind of an anticlimactic outing, given all the build up from the previous series.

You should kill us all on sight...

Steve
Athos

Postby The Jinja Ninja » Wed May 04, 2011 9:55 am

Nah, the Silence will definitely be back.
We still don't know how/why they blew up the TARDIS last series. The Doctor's only driven them into hiding.
The Jinja Ninja

Postby Athos » Wed May 11, 2011 8:37 pm

OK, pirate episode was not very good. It wasn't bad
up until they revealed what the monster was
. Though even that wasn't terrible. The bad part was:
how they "figured it out," which was pretty stupid, I thought. Hey, its not really killing them, though I have no reason to think that, so lets let it get us too
. A few more clues and better deduction there would have saved the episode for me.

Oh well, still better than 90% of the other drivel on TV...

Steve
Athos

Postby The Jinja Ninja » Mon May 16, 2011 8:09 am

So, we can all pretty much agree that Neil Gaiman's episode on Saturday was brilliant? Ta.
The Jinja Ninja

Postby Joedward » Mon May 16, 2011 9:43 am

Yes. Yes we can.

Such a brilliant story, some fantastic dialogue, and in the end really quite sad. And perhaps a bit scary at times.
But the big question this episode makes me ask, how will Rory die next episode?

:D
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby Athos » Wed May 18, 2011 8:04 am

I thought this was a good episode. Better than last week.

It was pretty obvious that
the lady was the TARDIS
. I guess it kind of helped with some aspects of the story telling, though I wonder if it would have been better had that not been so obvious at the outset.

Next week's episode looks interesting.

Steve
Athos

Postby Flynn » Tue May 24, 2011 8:20 pm

So...new episode. Hm. I suppose I liked it, but it was plagued with one major problem.

Basically, I'm getting really tired of all the Silurian-esque episodes- the episodes where two races that are fairly similar to each other, either in physical makeup or ideology, could possibly broker a peace with each other, but because of one side's callous mistakes, everything goes to hell. It worked in the original Doctor Who and the Silurians because it was more layered, where there were members on both sides wanting peace and members on both wanting war. Since then, particularly in the new series, it seems to become much more about misunderstandings (Which I hate, it makes me feel like I'm watching a romcom with bigger stakes), and almost always is chalked up to us damned dirty apes. I extremely disliked the last Silurian episode because of this, and this episode is looking to go down the same route.

Still, with Moffat, I've learned to expect less from the first part and more from the second, so hopefully it won't be quite as similar a story as before. We'll have to see. As it is, though, it doesn't look very promising.

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby dWhisper » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:24 pm

I'm just in love with the fact that they have all of the eps through season 5 on Netflix instant play now. Been going through, and it got me in a Dalek mood which meant I dropped waaaaaay too much money trolling for toys in the US.

The latest series has been fairly decent, save the Pirate episode. I'm sick of the whole "let's find new ways to kill Rory" thing that they keep shoehorning in there, but other than that, it's a good mix. Matt Smith has certainly grown on me more in this series than he did through 5.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

PreviousNext

Return to BCS 2.0