Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Collectable Minifigs & iPhone barcode Apps

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

Collectable Minifigs & iPhone barcode Apps

Postby GregHyland » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:13 am

Just thought I'd share this: I downloaded a free iPhone App called "ZBar" which scans barcodes. I thought it could least who me the different barcode numbers on the Collectable Minifigure packs. Not only does it do this, but it will TELL you what figure is inside! Try it out (if you have an iPhone, that is. It won't work with an iPod Touch, because it needs the camera to read the barcode)!

By the way, the packs have two barcodes on them. The smaller one without numbers is the one that will tell you what figure is inside.
Greg Hyland
"You'll thank me when you share my politics"
http://www.lethargiclad.com
GregHyland

Re: Collectable Minifigs & iPhone barcode Apps

Postby possum » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:21 am

Definitely worth noting that you have to have the 3GS to use ZBar. The lesser camera on the 3G is incompatible. :(
Disclosure of location should be required when listing your finds!
possum

Postby that guy » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:52 am

Works great but is ONLY for the iphone 3Gs since it needs an auto focus lens to operate. There are some other apps that can be used for the other iPhones and basically do the same thing but don't work quite as well. I've tried ShopSavvy and it does a decent job.
that guy

Postby Solo » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:12 am

I was wondering if there was an app for that, seems I was right.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:36 am

Haha solo, wanna read barcodes you can not get the stupid diver but get the zombie? There's an app for that.
I build it so you don't have to!
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/people/36880009@N02/
For the record, if you want to refer to me but don't want to type my name, call me TGWTB.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Postby GregHyland » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:14 pm

If you search the iTunes store, there are about 4 or 5 free barcode readers. ZBar was just the first one I downloaded and it worked. I didn't even think about the compatibility issues with slightly older phones. So maybe if this one doesn't work, then another one might. At least a different App might at least give you the barcode number, if not access a database and tell you the figure.
Greg Hyland
"You'll thank me when you share my politics"
http://www.lethargiclad.com
GregHyland

Return to Original Themes