Earn Double the VIP Points on everly shop.LEGO.com purchase!  Valid April 1-15, 2014.

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Speculation: How Will Ahsoka Tano Die?

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Speculation: How Will Ahsoka Tano Die?

Postby Raequan » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:33 pm

Hello fellow Bothans, I have one question for you: What do you think will happen to Ahsoka Tano, Anakin's current padawan? Will she die in the clone wars? Was she slaughtered during Order 66 or did she go into exile. Please post your thoughts and close if dupe.

P.S. Yes, this is my first topic here.
Raequan

Re: Speculation: How Will Ahsoka Tano Die?

Postby onions » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:57 pm

Okay, so i looked at your topic title and thought, gee is that a spoiler? and it wasn't. so i edited it to make it more clear what the topic was about. cause i know there are a few people here that watch the series so i wouldn't want to give them a heart attack.

in any case, we can only assume she died during order 66. seeing as to how she's a major character in the CW cartoon, her death during the series wouldn't make much sense.

but then again, stranger things have happened.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby meeotch » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:19 pm

I think it will be implied that she died in Order 66. Just based on the tone and demographic of the cartoon, I don't really see them killing anyone directly in the series. The only people so far to have died (to my knowledge) have been relatively unimportant clones (redshirts, if you will) but I haven't managed to catch every episode of the show.

However, if she does die in the series, I imagine it will be either directly or indirectly due to Dooku. (Say that 5 times fast! :lol: ) It would explain Anakin taking that first major step towards the dark side in the beginning of episode 3.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby Raequan » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:30 pm

onions wrote:Okay, so i looked at your topic title and thought, gee is that a spoiler? and it wasn't. so i edited it to make it more clear what the topic was about. cause i know there are a few people here that watch the series so i wouldn't want to give them a heart attack.

in any case, we can only assume she died during order 66. seeing as to how she's a major character in the CW cartoon, her death during the series wouldn't make much sense.

but then again, stranger things have happened.

Sorry about that. :x Personally, it would make sense for her to be killed by Dooku, with Anakin unable to stop him. One more reason to push "Skyguy" over the edge.
Raequan

Postby Joedward » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:35 pm

This issue came up on the old forums. And it really comes down to bad planning on George's part.

Question is, how the frak are they going to create a situation whereby Anakin and co. would never mention her name again. They sometimes make passing references to other Jedi, so why he never talk about his one and only padawan. It's really poorly thoughtout. I honestly hope she dies in such a way that it would be too horrific for any Jedi to speak of again. Other wise it's just another of George's nails in the metaphorical coffin that is my childhood.

Raequan wrote:How Will Ahsoka Tano Die?

Howwibly....howwibly howwibly.
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby GIR3691 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:39 pm

She'll end up becoming independent or whatever and go off on her own, then a book will come out describing how she survives Order 66.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby MrCRskater » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:52 pm

Joedward wrote:it really comes down to bad planning on George's part.

As Joedward has pointed out, George has never had all of his ducks in a row when putting together his Star Wars saga. Beyond the issue of circumventing the lack of mention of Ahsoka in EP III, Anakin never should have had a padawan in the first place, for he was never dubbed a knight prior to the Clone Wars. As he remains a padawan himself (until EP III), he is theoretically disallowed from training other Jedi.

Another blaring oversight in this department is the issue of the development of some given spacecraft through the Saga. Obviously, many Clone Wars vehicles were designed as precursors to the classics of the Galactic Civil War. However, is it realistic that some of these transformations could have occurred in a mere 15-or-so years? I remain dubious. . .
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby TheThrasher » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:00 pm

We all know that she isn't going to die, remember, the series needs to be milked bone dry. What will happen is when the Prequel Trilogy is rereleased remastered, George will take a few steps to try and ruin some of the series even further. Ahsoka will be digitally inserted into each each episode, and voice overs will be put in with numerous references to Ahsoka. This all just one master plan George has been thinking of for over 30 years.

;)
TheThrasher

Postby HothTrooper » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:02 pm

Actually, MrCRskater, Anakin was knighted at the end of the first arc of the Genndy Tartakovsky Clone Wars cartoon approximately six months after Episode II. Since the new series takes place in between the first arc of that cartoon and the second arc that takes place right before Episode III, Anakin is definitely a knight and therefore technically allowed to have a Padawan.

As for realistic transitions between the vehicles, 19 years is a very long time for military development. In our world, the four years of World War I transitioned from primarily horse mounted armies to the first uses of air forces, chemical weapons, tanks, and trucks. If anything, I'd wonder why there wasn't more military development in the 19 years between Episodes III and IV.
HothTrooper

Postby SkwerlJones » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:51 pm

I can see this going down two ways:

#1. In this "kid-friendly" approach Ahsoka will survive The Clone Wars and Order 66. Kids would hate to see this character die in the series, escpecially since she is aimed more towards them. She will go into hiding and eventually be revealed when the Empire is defeated. In this option kids don't get crushed, and George gets more money from all of the Ahsoka related books and comics he will now be able to make.

#2. In this approach she will be killed in The Clone Wars or in Order 66. She would either die in the show, making kids across the globe sit their with their mouths open and older fans cheer, or in some random comic book. She would most likely be killed by Count Dooku, which would make Anakin hate him even more and be willing to decapitate him. With this option George would get more respect from the older community for tieing up loose ends, and would be hated by the younger groups for killing off a beloved hero in their eyes. And when she dies Jar Jar will instantaneously explode for no reason. What, a guy can't dream? ;)
They're all wasted!
SkwerlJones

Postby yankeeken » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:57 pm

Or maybe it will end like Scooby-Doo. In the last episode, they'll chase Ahsoka down, then pull off her mask to reveal Jar Jar Binks. Then, the live action serieswill begin. In the very first scene, we will see Jar Jar standing outside Obi-Wan's Tatooine home. We then see Tusken Raiders surround and kill Jar Jar.

Anyway that just my dream/idea.
yankeeken

Postby JPCJedi » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:37 pm

I understand where the prequel bashing comes from, but it's a dead horse as far as I'm concerned. Star Wars always was a cartoon, a caricature and fantasy just north of Star Trek. The OT was just unusually good movies. They were cinematically groundbreaking and culturally significant. That makes the OT good. It does not make the prequels bad.

The Ahsoka-lives-for-franchise sounds most plausible to me especially since there is a "tales-of..." live-action show coming up, but the arguments for the other options are viable. If her death is meaningless in the war, Anakin would have reason to not revisit her memory.

Finally, in the movie and the director's commentary, they make a big deal out of Yoda saying Anakin will have to learn to "let go of his padawan." That line will have great meaning if Ahsoka has to sacrifice herself.
Bricklink|Flickr
When the Lord spits in your face, he’s trying to cure you of something.--John 9:1-41
JPCJedi

Postby yankeeken » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:15 am

@ JPCJedi

I can't speak for the others, but I have nothing against the prequel trilogy and I'm not trying to bash it either. I'm just bashing two characters (Ahsoka and Jar Jar). They just seem too out of place and annoying.
yankeeken

Postby Chosen One » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:46 am

Ahsoka's young age is a marketing potential to link the prequels to any further projects.

She will probably be given the Jedi Master rank, and will part from Anakin, go to some distant planet which will allow her to survive order 66. Then the next released console game will introduce her in all her adult wisdom... probably after Vader's defeat during Luke’s resurrection of the new Jedi order. It's a great way to allow Luke to learn more about his father.

And knowing GL, I doubt it he will follow the continuation of the books, and will use the excuse of updating the timeline.
Chosen One

Postby ccjwprongs » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:19 am

JPCJedi wrote:Finally, in the movie and the director's commentary, they make a big deal out of Yoda saying Anakin will have to learn to "let go of his padawan." That line will have great meaning if Ahsoka has to sacrifice herself.

Which movie is this? The Clone Wars theatrical release with the first three episodes combined into film form?
Neeeooowwwwww
ccjwprongs

Postby Andi » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:19 am

In the last episode of the Clone Wars Anakin will awake, still laying in the surgery room where he got his new hand and realising that everything was just a dream.
~Andi
Flickr
Andi

Postby Chosen One » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:27 am

[quote="HothTrooper"]Actually, MrCRskater, Anakin was knighted at the end of the first arc of the Genndy Tartakovsky Clone Wars cartoon approximately six months after Episode II. Since the new series takes place in between the first arc of that cartoon and the second arc that takes place right before Episode III, Anakin is definitely a knight and therefore technically allowed to have a Padawan.quote]

But doesn't in the original SW encyclopaedia or books state that only Jedi Masters can train Padawans and not Knights?
Chosen One

Postby SW Fan Goosi » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:31 am

I think she will be killed and that this will add to Anakin's anger of being unable to prevent death. Then again, she might turn evil. >8(
The line below is true.
The line above is true.

End creepy minifig faces!

I believe in LEGO Star Wars!
SW Fan Goosi

Postby Teekay » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:02 am

But doesn't in the original SW encyclopaedia or books state that only Jedi Masters can train Padawans and not Knights?

No, actually a Knight must train a Padawan in order to become a master.

On the topic of Ahsoka, I like this idea, supplied by dWhisper:

dWhisper, on the old forums wrote:She's going to be cut in half, killed, and the both halves are going to be cloned into Ahsokaa and Annsoka, so George can continnue to bend the franchise of the pinball machine and have his way with it in front of all the horrified fans.

Two figures sell better than one.

:lol:
I don't know why I dropped back here again lately. LEGO can no longer hold my interest, and I'm almost certainly gone forever. Bye to all who remember me.
Teekay

Location: Haven't been on in nearly a year. Probably gone forever. Nostalgia brought me back one last time.

Postby Darth_Marcon » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:05 am

If you want one thing which would have made them not mention her again, how about turning to the dark side? She's always quick to break the rules, let's her emotions lead her decisions... more the mark of a sith than a jedi... Who knows. Perhaps Dooku will corrupt her. Since this is a story aimed at younger kids, it's less likely, but they could turn it into a lesson. She turns to the dark side, gets betrayed by Dooku and dies....
Darth_Marcon

Next

Return to Star Wars