Earn Double the VIP Points on everly shop.LEGO.com purchase!  Valid April 1-15, 2014.

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 Game Trailer

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 Game Trailer

Postby Staff » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:10 am

Traveler's Tales and Warner Bros. Interactive released a new trailer for their game, LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4. Ten bucks says it's the same tired gameplay of roaming, 1x1 rounds collecting, and character swapping/leading/getting stuck in corners to frustrate you to no end, and wand waving to build stuff to overcome obstacles.

Anyways, if you check out the promo website MagicIsBuilding.com, there's a countdown to a sneak peek of the game which has 8 hours 48 minutes left as of this writing. Hopefully, it won't be the trailer below.

Update 9:01am 12/8: The countdown reset itself at some point. Users who load up the page now get a countdown at about 24 hours or less. The browser page I had open, when the countdown hit the zero mark, it reset to negative 1 day, like it did for buriedbybricks.

Via The Brothers Brick
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2009/12/08/lego-harry-potter-years-1-4-game-trailer/
Staff

Re: LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 Game Trailer

Postby KarolRabalski » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:03 am

[quote=staff]Traveler's Tales and Warner Bros. Interactive released a new trailer for their game, LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4. Ten bucks says it's the same tired gameplay of roaming, 1x1 rounds collecting, and character swapping/leading/getting stuck in corners to frustrate you to no end, and wand waving to build stuff to overcome obstacles.

*sigh* absolutely cannot wait for that awesomeness, especially the time when your around 90% done the game, and its just frustrating to no end knowing that the one minikit you still have to get is at the very end of the longest level of the game

awesomeness! cant wait XD
----like spinning plates---------
KarolRabalski

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:56 am

[quote=staff]
Anyways, if you check out the promo website MagicIsBuilding.com, there's a countdown to a sneak peek of the game which has 8 hours 48 minutes left as of this writing.

They added another day to the counter. Guess they weren't quite ready yet.
:lol:
Mister Ed

Postby CaptainPike » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:26 pm

TLG don't even have any kits in production to tie-in with the games release, do they?

And yet many of their boxes say look for the Lego Racers/Space Police/City The Video Games - which do not exist.

A unique form of marketing to be sure.
CaptainPike

Postby Bertramtalespinner » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:43 am

You say same tired gameplay. I say familiar and enjoyable by our whole family. So it's a personal taste thing.
Bertramtalespinner

Postby Mister Ed » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:57 am

Site appears to be up now. Though it takes forever to load.

In fact I can't load the VIP area at all, which is where I presume one goes to enter the code given in the new trailer. I left it loading for over half an hour, and no dice. Not even any errors, just sitting there spinning its wheels.
Mister Ed

Postby Mister Ed » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:30 am

OK, managed to get in to the VIP area. Not much there yet. House Crests you can download, a place for blog entries (of which there are none just yet) and a video with one of the developers talking about flying on broomsticks (there is a screen in the shot showing some examples, not much detail, but still, it looks cool to me.)
Mister Ed

Return to Licensed Themes