Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Indiana Jones 2 video game

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

LEGO Indiana Jones 2 video game

Postby batsamd » Fri May 29, 2009 11:47 am

StarWars.com has a little article about LEGO IJ 2 which should be out Fall 2009.

Looks like it will redo the original movies with new features and include Crystal Skull stages.

In the StarWars.com article there is a link to the official lucasarts LEGO IJ2 site, and there it mentions the following:

For the first time ever in a LEGO game, Build Your Own Adventure Mode allows you to create your own levels and environments and share them with your friends.

Sounds interesting, wonder how well it's going to work and just how difficult someone will be able to make their level.

Glad I bought the LEGO IJ 1 for $20, because it looks like I'll eventually get this game, too.
batsamd

Re: LEGO Indiana Jones 2 video game

Postby Mister Ed » Fri May 29, 2009 2:28 pm

Well, I can't decide whether I'm happy about this or not (or rather, I can't decide HOW happy I am, since I'm sure I'll enjoy it.)

On the one hand, I liked the first game, and am certainly glad to play more of it. On the other hand I am more than a little disgruntled that they are mostly rehashing the same ground. Couldn't they have just waited and put out only one game? Yeah, new features, new levels, blah, blah, blah, the end result is a game that will cover mostly the same ground as the last one. It just seems a bit lazy.

Oh, well, at least this one is available on PC, unlike Star Wars Complete Saga.
Mister Ed

Postby BrandonB9 » Fri May 29, 2009 4:20 pm

This is awsome! XD I can't wait to try making my own levels!(Even though the level maker will most likely be way juniorised) Also I'm sorry to inform you Mr. Ed, but so far it's not going to be out for PC. :roll:
BrandonB9

Postby onions » Fri May 29, 2009 4:31 pm

BrandonB9 wrote:This is awsome! XD I can't wait to try making my own levels!(Even though the level maker will most likely be way juniorised) Also I'm sorry to inform you Mr. Ed, but so far it's not going to be out for PC. :roll:

of course had you read the article...

LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues will whip onto Wii, Nintendo DS, PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system, PSP (PlayStationPortable) system, Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows in fall 2009.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby donneyboy » Fri May 29, 2009 6:59 pm

Well it might be on windows, but not PS2 (yet) which really sucks.
Alexandra , sleeping sand, silent cloud, touch me
So I sing a song of love, Alexandra
Hum hum hum...calls me
So I sing a song of love for Alexandra, Alexandra, Alexandra
donneyboy

Postby pinoy_legogabs » Fri May 29, 2009 7:45 pm

nice!!! i cant wait 4 it!!! good lego game hope they have lego bionicle game like phantoka or mistika or mybe glatorian 4 ps2 but nice cant wait hope there 4 ps2 XD XD
pinoy_legogabs

Postby BrandonB9 » Fri May 29, 2009 9:45 pm

onions wrote:
BrandonB9 wrote:This is awsome! XD I can't wait to try making my own levels!(Even though the level maker will most likely be way juniorised) Also I'm sorry to inform you Mr. Ed, but so far it's not going to be out for PC. :roll:

of course had you read the article...

LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues will whip onto Wii, Nintendo DS, PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system, PSP (PlayStationPortable) system, Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows in fall 2009.

I did read the article, "Playstation 3 computer entertainment system" is all the same system, isn't it? I mean there is no comma between the two.
BrandonB9

Postby Gingerbeard Man » Fri May 29, 2009 11:24 pm

BrandonB9 wrote:I did read the article, "Playstation 3 computer entertainment system" is all the same system, isn't it? I mean there is no comma between the two.

Onions had highlighted the important bit (in bold). Here it is again in bright red:
onions wrote:
and Windows in fall 2009.
Gingerbeard Man

Postby dakdogba » Sat May 30, 2009 2:33 am

not to flame/troll watever its called, but now lucasarts decide to release this not on ps2 ( the console that most younger kids would have besides the wii), but cannot release the new (non-lego) indy game on the next gen consoles for serious gameers.

i'll stilll buy this though
dakdogba

Postby The Jinja Ninja » Sat May 30, 2009 3:38 am

I'd have thought most kids would have moved onto one of the two cheaper next-gen consoles (Wii and 360) rather than stick with PS2. Even if they haven't, I'm pretty sure most households have a PC, so the game's unavailability on PS2 shouldn't be an issue.

So yeah, I'll probably pick this up, seeing as the first one was an absolute joy to play. I hope they improve upon the 'classic trilogy' levels rather than just rereleasing them, though. If they do go down that route, maybe the new stuff could be available via DLC?
The Jinja Ninja

Postby BrandonB9 » Sat May 30, 2009 8:43 am

Gingerbeard Man wrote:
BrandonB9 wrote:I did read the article, "Playstation 3 computer entertainment system" is all the same system, isn't it? I mean there is no comma between the two.

Onions had highlighted the important bit (in bold). Here it is again in bright red:
onions wrote:
and Windows in fall 2009.

Wait so it is comming out for windows? I still confused because the decription says "Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows" I bolded the part that is confusing me. Also I really hope this comes out on PC, because I was once one of those PC only people. :) I soo can't wait for this game to come out. XD
Last edited by BrandonB9 on Sat May 30, 2009 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonB9

Postby HoboBob1138 » Sat May 30, 2009 9:04 am

The 360 is an entertainment system from Microsoft, i.e. Microsoft made it, Windows is an operating system for PCs.
No matter the distance, no matter how far
HoboBob1138

Postby BrandonB9 » Sat May 30, 2009 9:08 am

HoboBob1138 wrote:The 360 is an entertainment system from Microsoft, i.e. Microsoft made it, Windows is an operating system for PCs.

O.K. Thank you for clearing up my confusion. :) Also now talking about the game, I wonder in the level creater, if you'll be able to create cutscenes or not. :?:
BrandonB9

Postby liquidcross » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:07 am

I'm going to wait until this one drops to $20; it doesn't seem to be worth the extra cash just for KOTCS and tweaks to the other movies. :(
(and don't forget Text and Violence)
liquidcross

Postby legofett » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:30 pm

They better not screw this up like LSWTCS and just throw in a few so-so levels, redesign short round and the flying wing and call it "the complete adventures" :|

The only redeming factors is the idea of the atomic test Nevada mission, and the leve editor. :D
legofett

Postby KarolRabalski » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:05 pm

Hey everbody! I just got my copy of LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues for PC. (I can't install it right away, I'm on an iMac, so until I get BootCamp up and running, I can't play it :( ) BUUT If you pre-ordered it in Canada at an EB, I was surprised to get a LEGO Indiana Jones keychain, which is ballin'! lol

ANYWHO, here are the system requirements:

Operating System
Required: Windows XP or Windows Vista

Computer
Required: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible computer

CPU
Required: Intel P4 1.8 Ghz or AMD Athlon XP 2200+
Recommended: Intel P4 3.0 Ghz or AMD Athlon 64

Memory
Required: 256MB RAM, 512MB RAM required for Windows Vista
Recommended: 512 MB RAM, 1GB RAM recommended for Windows Vista

Graphics Card
Required: ATI X1300* / NVIDIA FX 5800*
*w/256MB RAM
Recommended: ATI HD2900 / NVIDIA 8800 GT

Sound Card
Required: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible Audio Device

DVD-ROM
Required: DVD-ROM drive
Recommended: 8x Speed DVD-ROM drive

Input Device
Required: Keyboard and mouse
Recommended: Six Button Dual Analog Gamepad

There ya have it folks, hope you can all meet the requirements....(shouldn't be too hard lol, its a LEGO game) Have fun, enjoy the game!
----like spinning plates---------
KarolRabalski

Lego indiana jones 2 the videogame

Postby KingOfClowns » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:59 am

I was wondering since it came out. Is it better for PC or xbox
KingOfClowns

Re: Lego indiana jones 2 the videogame

Postby Andi » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:20 am

I guess, that depends on your PC. If it meets the system requirements, then there should be no difference
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby Mister Ed » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:02 am

I made the mistake of reading reviews AFTER I ordered it, but BEFORE I got it.

Since I was getting it anyway, I SHOULD have just waited and let my personal experience stand on its own, without tainting it beforehand with the truly disappointing reactions of others.

Or I should have read reviews before buying it, I guess.

I'll let you know what I think when I DO get it, but the reviews have me nervous, I'll admit.
Mister Ed

Postby Kevin Koala » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:50 pm

HAVE YOU SEEN...THIS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQvQVp7lZ44 you'll thank me later. ;)
Kevin Koala

Next

Return to Licensed Themes