Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Malevolence Model - What Kits Are Needed?

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Malevolence Model - What Kits Are Needed?

Postby MrCRskater » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:57 am

I've been playing the Quest for R2-D2 game just to land the instruction books for the new Malevolence model, and was hoping that the last book would list what sets the pieces came from (the way all of the parts are inventoried at the end of other instruction books), but alas it does not :( .

Does anyone know if there is a list of parts or sets that are required to build this set, and if so where can you get it? I am not a completist, so I'd like to find out what sets I need to buy to have all of the appropriate pieces for this model. . .
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Re: Malevolence Model - What Kits Are Needed?

Postby liquidcross » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:17 pm

I'd like to see that, too. Though I still need all of the manuals. :(
(and don't forget Text and Violence)
liquidcross

Postby LEGOscum » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:42 am

Here you go, I got this from the web team at LEGO so I know it's kosher:

7748 Corporate Alliance Tank Droid
7749 Echo Base
8016 Hyena Droid Bomber
8017 Darth Vader’s TIE Fighter
8018 Armored Assault Tank (AAT)
8019 Republic Attack Shuttle
8036 Separtist Shuttle
8037 Anakin’s Y-Wing Starfighter
8038 The Battle of Endor
8039 Venator-class Repbublic Attack Cruiser
LEGOscum

Postby MrCRskater » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:04 am

Thanks for the info, LEGOscum! Good news is I have most of those. Bad news is I'm not sure I have enough interest in the Venator or the Malevolence to warrant buying that set. Guess I'd rather spend that $100 on the Tantive IV. Maybe I'll just start building the model and see how far I get, and whether or not it will be worthwhile to just buy parts on Bricklink. . .

Oh wait, I'll bet the whole Technic stand structure (the first part of the build) is mostly Venator parts. Maybe I can dig up some other Technic parts from another model. . .
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby The Guy » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:48 pm

I'd do this myself, but my computer doesn't let the program run for the game. Would you mind giving us the instructions? :D
The Guy

Postby ricefields » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:24 pm

there is a reason why google is worth so much

please check out this link based on google search for the instructions

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=33807

listed as part 1, part 2....under the picture
ricefields

Postby tamuhockey » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:41 am

As to the sets needed - I can confirm the list posted above by LEGOscum. All the needed parts, with the exception of 1 (and I can't seem to remember what part it was) come from that pool of sets.

In total - the Malevolence model is 748 or 749 pieces plus 3 sticker sheets (8016, 8017, 8036). I say 748 or 749 because when putting together the part list - I may or may not have made a mistake in part counts, as I ended up with a single light-bluish-gray 1x1 round plate left over (either I made the mistake in part counts - or a BL seller gave me 1 more than I ordered). For completion sake, I'm going with 749 pieces.

Its far cheaper to just buy the needed parts, than to buy all of the above kits in order to build it. My pricing estimates put it at around $60 worth of parts + shipping from various vendors, assuming you need to purchase all 749 pieces - so you're mileage may vary. I actually ended up spending $55 and some change on the parts, and then another $15 in shipping, as I ordered from 4 different vendors.

I've put together an Excel file that contains the complete part list (with BL partnumbers for cross-reference) as well as the XML coding necessary to copy/paste the list into BrickLink's mass upload wanted list feature, in case you want to just buy all the pieces and give it a go. If you want a copy of the file - PM me and let me know your email address.
tamuhockey

R2-D2's Secret Plans

Postby Masked Builder » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:02 pm

Hi I'm new so I hope this is in the right place. But could some body upload R2's secret plans please? My computer wont play the game and I would like to build the model. :)

Thanks,
Masked Builder
Masked Builder

Re: R2-D2's Secret Plans

Postby Solo » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:01 pm

I'm not sure what you're talking about, but you said R2, so I'm interested. ;)
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby vaderhamn » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:09 pm

I know exactly what you mean. My computer won't play it either. But The model on the game is in the lego club magazine. In the magazine the plans are the Malevolence wich i am sure you can find a picture of it on wookiepedia or lego wikepedia. XD
Oh no ts Vader!!!!!!!!!!! And he has a peice of HAM! WERE ALL GONNA DIE ! AHHH!
vaderhamn

Postby ccandgc » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:30 pm

shoot me your email via PM, I have the instructions for the Malevolence. My son and I completed the build, it was awesome! The Malevolence is actually quite large.
-Chad
ccandgc

Postby lego_senate_commando » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:43 pm

Me to please! I don't have a clue what you all are talking about, but it sounds interesting. Thanks!
Check out my forum here http://lswforum.forumotions.com/
lego_senate_commando

Postby BlueDragonZ » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:48 pm

ccandgc wrote:shoot me your email via PM, I have the instructions for the Malevolence. My son and I completed the build, it was awesome! The Malevolence is actually quite large.

Send me the instructions as well please ! I would want to get the malevolence instruction too.
BlueDragonZ

Postby ricefields » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:59 pm

please see previous thread below and please see my post on the link obtained from GOOGLE SEARCH

http://www.fbtb.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2572
ricefields

Postby Solo » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:32 pm

Aha, I see what's going on here. Thanks ricefields - the thread you linked is indeed helpful. Let the merging commence!
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby ccandgc » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:50 pm

^^^ there ya go! Thats where I got them from. I wasn't about to take our completed sets apart, so I pieced the parts lists and bought all the parts off of Bricklink and we actually had a few parts in our parts bin.....after all was said and done, I spent about $100 for all the parts with shipping.....
-Chad
ccandgc

Postby Dendo » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:03 am

I thought I already posted this somewhere, but couldn't find it. Has anyone actually built this beast yet? If so, can you post pictures?
Dendo

Postby ccandgc » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:53 am

I built it....I can get some pix in a few....
-Chad
ccandgc

Postby ccandgc » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:16 am

Ok, here it is....we used some parts we had(Im waiting on the dark grey wheels to replace the tan ones on the cannons), and my 8 year old son was messing with it, so I have to do some repairs here and there.....he also added a bunch of details to the base of the stand.....

Last edited by onions on Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: no more than 3 full sized images per post.
-Chad
ccandgc

Postby Witha_K » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:16 pm

Hmm... I'm actually surprised that anyone out there attempted to build this thing. It was a pain to design and, in my opinion, not very accurate.

But I'm even more surprised that when ever any kids come into my office, out of all the things in it, they immediately point to the model and say "Cool, it's the Malevolence!" I've been underestimating this Clone Wars thing.
Witha_K

Next

Return to Star Wars