Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

astromech keychains

There's more to LEGO than building, here you can take the hobby in a much different direction.

Moderator: Kaminoan

astromech keychains

Postby noone » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:30 am

I am about to get started on a little astromech project, but I am having a little trouble finding some information. (I've no doubt it must be out there - probably even in this forum. I just can't seem to find it.) I'd like to disassemble some lego astromech keychains, but I'm having a little trouble with the heads. Has anyone successfully dissasembled an astromech keychain without damaging the head and body? (There is plenty of info on removing the keychain, but its the next step - getting the head off - which seems a bit tricky... .)
noone

Re: astromech keychains

Postby thepatient » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:14 pm

I tried the same thing and was unable to remove the head of an astrtomech. I wanted to see what the dark red head from the V-wing wouold look like on the dark red "body" of the droid from Ahsoka's Star Fighter. I liked the look better and bought the keychain version of that droid. Easily got out the keychain, but couldn't get the head off. I ended up compromising and put the the key chain version with the Star Fighter, placing the dark red head and body together for display, and placed the original white/green head with the V-wing. It made the astromech head actually stand out with the V-wing, which was a pleasant surprise.

Sorry I'm not much help with your problem, but I would be interested to know if anyone successfully managed to seperate the pieces for the astromech. The old key chains, I had a Darth Vader one from around 2002 or 2003, once the pin came out the helmet came off and revealed that there still was a printed Vader face underneath. These days I think they are glued, so it's probably impossible. Though I would like to be proven wrong.
<O> <O>
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." -Winston Churchill
thepatient

Return to Custom Minifigs