Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[SW Bigfig] 6x scale Imperial Officer

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[SW Bigfig] 6x scale Imperial Officer

Postby Andi » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:21 am

I built a big Imperial Officer, inspired by hmillington and Ry's big minifigs.

(click for more sizes)

What do you think?

Of course, face and hands are in wrong colors, but I wanted to build it first before ordering yellow parts. Now I know exactly which parts I need.

I am not completely happy with the arms yet. Do you maybe have suggestions how to make them look better?
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Re: [SW Bigfig] 6x scale Imperial Officer

Postby knapplc » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:57 am

I must not have hit submit because I typed up a message about this a couple of days ago. I love this guy, Andi. He's lots of fun and I'm really liking the face. I read some of the comments on Flickr and I don't have much to add except that the one big "problem" is the blockiness of the black line on the torso. I think you're already working on that, though.
knapplc

Postby Andi » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:41 am

thank you :-)
Yes, I already work on the blockiness of the black lines. And the face will be yellow soon. And both hands will have the same color. (hoping that Lego Online PaB still sells the old style macaroni)
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby TubaManMoore » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:47 pm

I don't want to sounds like a prick, because I love MOCs, and giant mini figures. The problem to me is that you've built it completely from your own imagination. In most cases this would be PERFECT, however I feel that since Lego offers instructions online for free, and they have already sold giant mini figure sets, that you should follow this http://cache.lego.com/bigdownloads/buildinginstructions/4154614.pdf and change the colour scheme. Though, I like how you've added a neck, and the Lego version does not have movable legs. You have a great starting point, and if Lego did not offer directions and a set to work from, I would like it even more, however I think with these resources you could do better. :)
TubaManMoore

Postby Andi » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:35 am

This Lego fig is in a complete other scale.
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby ~Sith~ » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:47 am

Awesome. All the flaws have already been said, and I like how it's gray, even if you're going to change it. It could be a Giant robot. >:D. Great job and I can't wait to see it done.
- ~Sith~ :D

My YT Lego Animation Account: www.youtube.com/ZhaoPao
~Sith~

Postby Andi » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:49 am

~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby Fullmetalfan » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:03 am

Wow that looks great I love what you have made. The way the hands are look just like the minifigs, the head is very well done and the little details like the medals and neck made me smile with joy.

I'd like to say something constructive but there's nothing I can really think of to make it better since it looks perfect to me.
Fullmetalfan

Postby Andi » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:05 am

He got a brother yesterday. A Stormtrooper in the same scale.
What do you think?

The two figs together with a self-built R2 on my windowsill
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase