Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Power Miners Building Contest: Monsters' Revenge!

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Re: Power Miners Building Contest: Monsters' Revenge!

Postby Red Viper » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:08 am

Sounds like a pretty awesome contest, I hope to have my entry up in a short while. A very short while because the contest ends soon. Well any way, good luck to all.
Red Viper

Postby txtxtx » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:45 am

This is my entry for the contest. You know how humans are deathly afraid of any kind of wierd creature :O ? Well, this designer is exploiting that fact. He(we'll call him Fred (Ewaniuk :lol:) ) has created a factory, which builds aliens and zombies for the owner(a rock monster ;) ), which Fred is showing around. Fred has also created many different robots and mechs, which come with the factory.

All the pics are at Brickshelf(when public). Coments & Creative Criticism are appreciated.

P.S. Look closely at M.O.! He's cleaning up a melted alien, which is now a pile of goo!

P.P.S. If you don't understand the Fred Ewaniuk( :lol: ) thing, PM me!
Anakin: "All right, but you owe me one, and not for saving your skin for the tenth time."
Obi-Wan: "Ninth time. That business on Cato Neimoidia doesn't... doesn't count."
txtxtx

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:27 pm

The Rock Mech

In order to counter the Power Miners, the rock monsters created this vehicle which can transform from a rock formation to a large mech for Ambushes!

You can see pics of it transforming in my Flickr photostream.

Please let me know how you like it and what you think I can do to improve it. :)
Last edited by Oky Wan Kenobi on Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby ~MaYo~ » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:35 pm

I already used up my 100mb limit this month on flickr so i can't post my entry at the fbtb outpost there. What am I supposed to do, just post it here w/ a link to a gallery? :S
~MaYo~

Postby Chief » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:23 pm

Sure, thats fine. Brickshelf, mocpages, whatever.
Chief

Postby Larry Lars » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:34 am

I decided to enter this contest to show my support for the much debated April fools joke thet started it all.
Here's the back story:

Suddenly one day the rock monsters found this brutal machine placed there by a mysterious benefactor that wanted to even out the odds a bit betwween the rock monsters and the confident miners. The blunt force that is the rock monstes only had a vauge idea what it could be used for, but that turned out to be quite enough. The monsters only needed to figure out how to power up and steer the powerful beast of a truck.
This kamikaze style vehicle is powered by a pull back motor and the front wheels drives the giant saw blade. The two demolition arrows fire upon impact since the triggers connects to the armoured plates that sourrounds the vehicle.
The Power Miner never knew what hit him.

more at my Flickr
Discussion
Larry Lars

Postby Chief » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:48 am

The front sawblade mechanism is something I was trying to figure out for my own model, the 2x2 plate with round edge and hole is something that never occurred to me. Consider the idea borrowed.

Nice entry all around, I love the scrapheap look of it, it's perfect.
Chief

Postby ~MaYo~ » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:33 am

Here's my entry.
While their parents are out setting traps and building new inventions, the teen rock monsters pull childish pranks on the power miners, such as TPing, Stealing wheels, and graffiti.

Gallery------http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=378843
~MaYo~

Postby Green Dewback » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:02 am

my entry: Trap-a-Glutton

Rock Monsters succumb to the temptation of crystals, Power Miners couldn't bear seeing food go to waste.
Under the table is a surprise, over the table is a bigger surprise.
The hungry one didn't see it coming ...

Sorry for using self-drawn images on paper to represent the minifigs as I have not bought the sets yet.
Green Dewback

Postby Skafte » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:26 pm

I really hope my Volcano base (half off!) and Granite Grinder arrive from S@H today so I can finish off my entry!

EDIT: They did!

ROCK MONSTER'S LAVA AMBUSH

The Rock Monsters, tired of the evil Power Miners and their crystal theiving, realized that the newly begun part of the mine was heading almost in the direction of the hot lava pool. A few hour's work with a pickaxe resulted in a short lava stream, that ended just above the roof of the mine. When the greedy humans drilled in the roof, the flow of lava was released. The surviving miners fled, taking the explosives with them to prevent any greater damage.

Full gallery (when public) here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=378971
Last edited by Skafte on Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brick me!
Skafte

Postby Hugobax » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:14 pm

This is my contest entry.
The Shredder Truck is perfect for getting back at the Power Miners. It's also suitable for late night cruising around the mines with Hip Hop music blazing from the car stereo. :lol:

My Flickr page
Hugobax

Postby BuilderDarian » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:19 pm

Here is my entry:

Other pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/37476338@N05/

Recently, the power miners found a drilled site with crystals still left. When Dr.Brains came he found out that the real miner was about to drill open his head. Instead of running he warned his crew but he didn't listen...
BuilderDarian

Postby LFN » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:10 pm

My entry:

The Legendary Kinky Bikini Lady appears! Get!

Contrary to what some may believe, the rock monsters, if they can be called monsters at all, are actually a cultured -- albeit primitive -- race of sentients. They enjoy many of the luxuries we do... though the power miners are too ignorant to see this. As such, after taking note that the power miner crew consists of males only, the rock "monsters" soon began to set up ornaments outside their dwellings, the equivalent to the human fondness for garden gnomes.

It's a wild Legendary Kinky Bikini Lady! Get!!

However, there is also a more.. primal... motive for the usage of such an alluring ornament, as a hapless Power Miner is soon to discover.

Legendary Kinky Bikini Lady transformed! GO rock "monster"!
BAWWWWWW!!!~

It's super effective!
Power Miner fainted!

gallery when public:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=379059
Akuma No Z
LFN

Postby Commander Aero » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:45 pm

This is my entry for the contest. Firox's bomb thrower. When back wheels move top part spins. Link to Flickr set. http://www.flickr.com/photos/commander_aero/sets/72157616968466448/
Enjoy,
Commander Aero
Commander Aero

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:11 am

So, erm... How about closing this thread and telling us how the winner will be determined?

Not trying to tell anyone how to do their job. Just wondering why this thread seems to have been forgotten. :S
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby onions » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:45 am

all in due time
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Skafte » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:28 am

I guess the monsters need some time to evaluate all the vehicles, gizmos and contraptions for some time before they're ready for a verdict.
Brick me!
Skafte

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:47 pm

Yeah, I guess you're right. As we know, the rock monsters aren't the quickest thinkers, so let's give 'em time. ;)

But still, this contest is almost a month old now...
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby Kyle » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:02 am

Man, it's gonna start teething any day now.
Kyle

Postby ~MaYo~ » Sun May 03, 2009 1:32 pm

You can choose a winner any day now.
~MaYo~

PreviousNext

Return to Contests & Community Builds