Original post below:
The South Korean LEGO Facebook page apparently accidentally announced the UCS 75290 Mos Eisley Cantina set sometime yesterday. The post has since been removed but the images remain on the internet. The Korean text doesn’t reveal much other than a September 16th VIP Early Access purchase date, which means an official, intentional announcement should be coming on The 15th.
Though blurry, here’s a better composite image:
- The UCS Cantina harkens back to the UCS Ewok Village. The Village was about as complete as it can be. Just about every named Ewok was in the set. So I expect the same from this set, in that it should have just about EVERY alien that was in the Cantina. But we know they won’t and they will probably hang on to the missing few and drip-feed it in various Cantina set rehashes for the next 15 years and force us to buy them again and again.
- There’s only three Bith band members. So already we know it’s going to be incomplete.
- I can make out Labria, Garinden, Momaw Nadon, Kabe, Dr. Evazan, and Ponda Baba. If Ponda Boba has a detachable arm gimmick, that would make up for any other deficiencies in this set.
- There’s a 9000 Z001 Ubrikkian landspeeder as well as a SoroSuub V-35 Courier.
- There doesn’t seem to be roof so keeping the inside dust free will be fun. Fun as in totally not fun.
- Needs more Storm- and Sandtroopers.
- Needs more aliens.
- It looks like it has over 3,000 pieces. So, I’m gonna guess that this set will cost about $900. I’m kidding of course, but if extrapolate using the recently released NES system (2,646 pieces; $229.99), Piano (3,662 pieces; $349.99), and the Four Hundred Dollar set (5,544 pieces; $399.99), 75290 Mos Eisley Cantina should cost around $300-$400.