Got an email over the weekend detailing LEGO Shop@Home’s May the Fourth deals for 2020 starting on May 1st and lasting through May 4th this year. The usual suspects are there: Double VIP points on LEGO Star Wars purchases and the new UCS set goes up for sale. The only variable is the free gift with purchase, or GWP as it is better known. This year’s offering is riding the A-Wing hype wave with a micro build set 40407 Death Star II Battle. It features a micro A-Wing being chased down by a TIE Interceptor over the surface of the Death Star II. I think having A-Wing crash into the bridge of the Executor would have made a better set but what do I know. 40407 Death Star II Battle is free with a $75 dollar purchase.
As always with these kinds of posts, if you click through any of the links in this article and make a purchase, FBTB gets a small commission. It’s one of the biggest income-generators of the year for us and as always we appreciate your continued support.
Like I said, the UCS A-Wing Starfighter will be go on sale for the first time during the promo. It’s $199.99. Buying one will automatically qualify you for the free set. But if you’re looking for an efficient way to get a promo set and spend the least amount of money by getting as close to the threshold as possible, allow me to make a few suggestions:
- The Star Wars helmets are pretty new and maybe some of you were waiting for May the Fourth to get them like I was. They are $59.99 each so pair one helmet:
With any $20 set in one order get just past the $75 minimum threshold and score a 40407 Death Star II Battle promo set. There are 9 sets at that price point:
- Maybe those $20 sets aren’t your thing. Maybe you’re more of a Mandalorian Battle Pack or Sith Troopers Battle Pack kind of guy. Well, unfortunately one helmet + one battle pack will make you a few cents shy of the threshold but you can add a cheap $5 or $6 keychain on top of that to qualify.
- Pretty sure 75244 Tantive IV is going to retire this year. It’s $199.99. Nab one while you can.
- Did you pre-order 75292 The Razor Crest? You should cancel it and pre-order it again during the sale so you can score a(nother) promo set. The Razor Crest (and The Mando / Baby Yoda 2-pack) are scheduled to ship on September 1st. LEGO typically ships the promo set ahead of the sets that are on pre-order or backorder status so you won’t have to worry about waiting until September to get it.
- Usually there are select sets that see a discount, ones that are set to be discontinued. As of press time, there was no mention of any sort of sale on savings on existing sets. We will update this post should that change.
I may or may not have 4 or 5 promo sets coming my way.